KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman v Thor vs Hulk *Top Tier Comparison*

Superman v Thor vs Hulk *Top Tier Comparison*
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Darth, remember to include this gif next time:

(please log in to view the image)

wink

--
Anyway, yeah... he's got plenty of nice new feats, but - historically - it's nothing new, nothing topping his old ones, unless we count shit like Solar Flare which technically is a new ability...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 06:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
Sure. During that general time period, he lifted infinity... what has he done to surpass that since then?

If you're going to use THAT, how is anything Thor has done comparable to Superman in that era?

I mean, is that feat only applicable when it comes to invalidate Superman's other feats when it suits you? Can I use that feat against Thor or Hulk? With your permission, of course.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 06:35 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend

If you're going to use THAT, how is anything Thor has done comparable to Superman in that era?

I mean, is that feat only applicable when it comes to invalidate Superman's other feats when it suits you? Can I use that feat against Thor or Hulk? With your permission, of course.

He's got the World Tree thing, plus evenly matching Herc who has a stint filling in for Atlas holding up "the Heavens" or whatever. Direct parallels, obviously not. But all I said was that they were in the same general category.

No the feat's valid all the time, as ruled upon by Pr years ago. It's just that he's not the only character who's done something which is fundamentally impossible according to logic so if we hold everyone to the same set of rules/standards then there are still other heroes in his general strength range.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 06:46 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He's got the World Tree thing, plus evenly matching Herc who has a stint filling in for Atlas holding up "the Heavens" or whatever. Direct parallels, obviously not. But all I said was that they were in the same general category.

World Tree isn't infinite. Heavens/axis Mundi is not infinite and never mentioned as such.

How are they in general category when Superman lifted infinity and Thor didn't?
quote:

No the feat's valid all the time, as ruled upon by Pr years ago. It's just that he's not the only character who's done something which is fundamentally impossible according to logic so if we hold everyone to the same set of rules/standards then there are still other heroes in his general strength range.

So quote where say Thor or Silver Surfer or Hulk have done anything that was like lifting infinity?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 06:52 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

World Tree isn't infinite. Heavens/axis Mundi is not infinite and never mentioned as such.

How are they in general category when Superman lifted infinity and Thor didn't?

So quote where say Thor or Silver Surfer or Hulk have done anything that was like lifting infinity?

Yeah abhi, I know you've got issues with high end strength feat from Marvel character, I'll leave you to that. But your stubbornness does nothing to change the mind of anyone else.

All of which is actually irrelevant to the point of our(specifically your and mine) discussion in this thread. I originally said to Stilt...

Supes's feats haven't really increased in quality by all that much since then and Thors high end feats still exist even if he's currently being written like a chump. Thus is a simple comparison of general feats I'd still put the two into the same category. Waters become a lot more muddied talking about things other than simple high end feat comparisons though.

Wanna bet?

And what specifically were you wanting to bet about...

That Superman's feats have increased in quality?

Thus, unless you have something better than Supes lifting infinity in more recent times(regardless of how one feels about Thor/Herc), I was right and you lost the bet you proposed smile

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 19th, 2019 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 07:05 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah abhi, I know you've got issues with high end strength feat from Marvel character, I'll leave you to that. But your stubbornness does nothing to change the mind of anyone else.

All of which is actually irrelevant to the point of our(specifically your and mine) discussion in this thread. I originally said to Stilt...

And what specifically were you wanting to bet about...

Thus, unless you have something better than Supes lifting infinity(regardless of how one feels about Thor/Herc), I was right and you lost the bet you proposed smile

Depends what you're talking about in feats.

Lifting, sure. Striking? Jumping? Speed (travel and reflex)? Durability?

Too early to call a win just yet.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 07:07 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Depends what you're talking about in feats.

Lifting, sure. Striking? Jumping? Speed (travel and reflex)? Durability?

Too early to call a win just yet.

Oh I'm not limiting any feats at all. If he has a feat of any sort that requires MORE power than "infinity", it can totally be considered to be an improvement. But other "infinite" feats from him can at best equal his feat which would mean he was still at the same level.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 07:14 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good Trolling Goobs... people bit, but seriously Supes is Supes!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 07:16 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Supes doesn't lift infinity.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 07:29 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Off-topic posts deleted.

panthergod and IT: please don't start doing this again... Really don't want to see either of you get banned.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 08:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

He shattered phantom zone with a punch.
laughing out loud

Underestimating somehow made Doomsday breaking both her arms? Stop trolling or I'll report you.

She would have faired a lot better if she didnt underestimate him and Heralds breaking other Heralds bones are great fts but I dont think single showings put characters on or above top tier level. The fts that puts him ON top tier level is hanging with Supes.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 11:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Actually, she did fair a lot better during their second encounter and that was against a more powerful Doomsday.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 11:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Also, doesn't vibranium absorb an infinite amount of energy? Hulk hit Black Panther one time and overloaded the Vibranium in his armor...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/44...Chrome.jpg.html

Even Tchalla admits it is impossible to do.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 11:40 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by carver9
Also, doesn't vibranium absorb an infinite amount of energy? Hulk hit Black Panther one time and overloaded the Vibranium in his armor...

What does "almost" mean?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 11:48 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

laughing out loud

jeezus abhi quit quoting marvel fanboys and their cringey anwers

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 11:50 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I know it's not applicable to forum rules but just show you the knowledgable comic book writers see superman>>>>>thor and thor is slow

https://www.comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

RC: In your opinion, is Superman is a lot more powerful than Thor?

DAN JURGENS: Yeah.

RC: Wow. When you worked on DC Vs. Marvel and pitted Quicksilver against Flash, you guys had boosted Quicksilver up to the speed of sound while Flash was running at multiples of the speed of light or whatever . . . would you say that Superman is as many times more powerful than Thor or the Hulk as Flash is as many times faster than Quicksilver?

DAN JURGENS: Yes.

RC: Wouldn't that make Superman, like, millions of times more powerful than Thor?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 12:04 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by NemeBro
What does "almost" mean?

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 12:16 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Originally posted by carver9

So what's your angle here? That Hulk has BEYOND infinite energy because he ALMOST overloaded BP's suit? erm

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 12:52 AM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MrMind
I know it's not applicable to forum rules but just show you the knowledgable comic book writers see superman>>>>>thor and thor is slow

https://www.comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

RC: In your opinion, is Superman is a lot more powerful than Thor?

DAN JURGENS: Yeah.

RC: Wow. When you worked on DC Vs. Marvel and pitted Quicksilver against Flash, you guys had boosted Quicksilver up to the speed of sound while Flash was running at multiples of the speed of light or whatever . . . would you say that Superman is as many times more powerful than Thor or the Hulk as Flash is as many times faster than Quicksilver?

RC: Wouldn't that make Superman, like, millions of times more powerful than Thor?

non applicable

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 01:04 AM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by LordGod
So what's your angle here? That Hulk has BEYOND infinite energy because he ALMOST overloaded BP's suit? erm
That's also not what the scan says.

Hulk overloaded it, but BP says it was "almost" impossible, not impossible.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 01:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote