KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman vs. Thanos- armwrestle

Superman vs. Thanos- armwrestle
Started by: LordGod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dean Cain would toast him

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 06:48 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If I remember correctly, Dean Cain Superman had far better super-speed than DCEU Superman.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 06:51 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's it's not been mentioned, Routh Superman is the same as Reeve's Superman (film 1-2). ergo, he wins this with ease.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 1st, 2019 09:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It needs to be noted it is irrelevant if Routh Superman is Reeve Superman because he doesn't need Reeves feats to win. Flying an entire island into space>>>>>>>>>anything Thanos physically did. In fact, flying an island into space>>>>anything anyone in the MCU ever physically did.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the island was made of kryptonite and Superman had just been shanked with kryptonite too.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 02:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And while I know he was intended to be Reeve Superman, if he is how did Lois remember that she f*cked Superman? I thought the super kiss erased it. Yet she clearly knew in Superman Returns. She wasn't shocked and demanding answers from Superman as to how her kid has powers. You can see how uncomfortable she is when her husband asks her about the "I spent the night with Superman" article. She knows she boned him, and must have hooked up with the husband so soon afterwards she didn't know which guy had knocked her up(Supes dodged a bullet there).

Or did the kiss only erase her knowledge that Clark Kent is Superman?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 02:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
It needs to be noted it is irrelevant if Routh Superman is Reeve Superman because he doesn't need Reeves feats to win. Flying an entire island into space>>>>>>>>>anything Thanos physically did. In fact, flying an island into space>>>>anything anyone in the MCU ever physically did.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the island was made of kryptonite and Superman had just been shanked with kryptonite too.

I had a similar argument years ago in the MVF. Noted the time it took Supes to lift the island from sea level to outside Earth's orbit, the estimated weight of the island, that the weight would be bearing down on him from above while he exerted the tremendous lift required to raise it from below, meaning his body would be under ridiculous levels of strain. The fact Supe's was actively being weakened by Kryptonite both around him and inside him while doing so.

The feat really is one of the most impressive feats of strength and durability. A similar feat is Astroboy's lifting of the city which came up in another match, in terms of strength and durability, but that's just a city, not an island.

But a certain lovable someone dismissed Superman's feat under the "he was sun soaked!" claim.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 06:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But he wasn't sun soaked he was exposed to the normal levels of sunlight...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 06:24 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, another time Surt, Rob and Whirly are in agreement! It does happen.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 08:08 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
If I remember correctly, Dean Cain Superman had far better super-speed than DCEU Superman.
And Planet moving strength.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 08:09 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

CW Superman will probably get feats to take Thanos and if the statements are true Titans Supes and Krypton Supes do too.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2019 08:15 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
I had a similar argument years ago in the MVF. Noted the time it took Supes to lift the island from sea level to outside Earth's orbit, the estimated weight of the island, that the weight would be bearing down on him from above while he exerted the tremendous lift required to raise it from below, meaning his body would be under ridiculous levels of strain. The fact Supe's was actively being weakened by Kryptonite both around him and inside him while doing so.

The feat really is one of the most impressive feats of strength and durability. A similar feat is Astroboy's lifting of the city which came up in another match, in terms of strength and durability, but that's just a city, not an island.

But a certain lovable someone dismissed Superman's feat under the "he was sun soaked!" claim.

Think it beats the World Engine feat? The gravity beam did go all the way through the Earth.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2019 08:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Superman absolutely shit stomps Thanos.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2020 11:50 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanos Over The Top.

Those big meaty sausage fingers...mmmm

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Impediment
Superman absolutely shit stomps Thanos.

If h1 didn't want Superman to win, this is what he'd post.

Originally posted by h1a8
Post a scene where Superman absolutely shit stomps someone in arm wrestling or it doesn't count.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 10:56 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 11:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Not many can beat this Superman “feat” (in any Superhero verse) IMO.

https://youtu.be/yQad9VN8wHA

(3:48)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 12:34 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

But can he arm wrestle?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 01:35 PM
Psychotron

Can Thanos?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:11 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Routh Superman lifted an island made of kryptonite, after having been stabbed with kryptonite.

Thanos has no physical strength feats, amped or not, to match that.

He loses.

Some mentioned Clark from Smallville, but he's a planet mover so it's even worse.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 12:49 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by playa1258
CW Superman will probably get feats to take Thanos and if the statements are true Titans Supes and Krypton Supes do too.

Well, I never watched Krypton, so can't comment there. But, IIRC, Titans-verse Supes is supposedly FTL, according to Dr Eve Watson, which would put him out of Thanos' league purely via the laughable speed difference. And even CW Superman is a multi-million tonner via scaling from the key feat, to go along with things like the time he supported a collapsing skyscraper while Supergirl flew off to try and fix the foundation.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 06:52 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote