KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies you cant believe got sequels or became trilogies

Movies you cant believe got sequels or became trilogies
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

Caddyshack

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 04:55 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Comedies should rarely get sequels

Anchorman
Zoolander
Hangover
Caddyshack
Major League
Coming to America which is coming soon

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 05:30 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Probably John Wick. I love the movies but the most impressive thing about them is that they were able to take a relatively straight forward revenge action movie and turn it into one of the most consistent film series currently on the market. I can't imagine the filmmakers expected to be making sequels to that movie several years down the road.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 12:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Probably John Wick. I love the movies but the most impressive thing about them is that they were able to take a relatively straight forward revenge action movie and turn it into one of the most consistent film series currently on the market. I can't imagine the filmmakers expected to be making sequels to that movie several years down the road.

Good choice.

At one point.
watching part 3, my youngest son (who hadn’t seen the first two and just happened to grab a seat while I was watching the last installment) turned to me and asked, “this all started because someone killed his dog 3 movies ago”?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 01:12 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Mad Max. I've grown to appreciate the original over time, but upon initial viewing I couldn't believe it spawned the sequels that it did (I saw parts 2 and 3 before the original).

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 07:54 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by BackFire
Originally posted by riv6672
Good choice.

At one point.
watching part 3, my youngest son (who hadn’t seen the first two and just happened to grab a seat while I was watching the last installment) turned to me and asked, “this all started because someone killed his dog 3 movies ago”?

Very good choice. That's quite the plot premise summary by your son, Riv. It really did escalate drastically because of a doggy.

I'd throw the "Before" trilogy in there (Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight). Richard Linklater placing the same actors as the same characters in movies released 9 years apart in real life and in-universe is pretty meta.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 04:19 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Also, I'll put The Matrix on here. The first movie's ending is one of the best in film history period, with Neo now able to fly and leaving it up to the viewer to imagine he and the humans continuing quest to stop the machines. Like the turning point in a war with one side gaining some serious momentum and a Superman-like advantage.

While I liked both the sequels as both technical marvels and storytelling efforts (The Animatrix helped flesh out the world-building substantially as well), I wouldn't have thought as a kid in 1999 that I'd be seeing not one but TWO Matrix sequels just four years later.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 04:24 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Indiana Jones.

Because the second movie was objectively awful. Tried watching it recently, and just could not do it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 02:48 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeremiah2020

dr dolittle
its trailer is released today

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 05:48 AM
jeremiah2020 is currently offline Click here to Send jeremiah2020 a Private Message Find more posts by jeremiah2020 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Highlander, the sequels add nothing and yet sequels, tv and cartoons. Why? Money!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 07:43 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by relentless1
lI can't believe thematically speaking we got a third Terminator and beyond tbh, I get the cash grab and all and that's why any and all sequels mentioned here will have been made but cmon... also ion my list:

Trainspotting
Dumb and Dumber
Lion King
The Hangover
Home Alone

and those are just off the dome there are many many more out there that were made for a quick buck with no thought towards quality
I'd be disappointed if they'd never released a Terminator movie based on the future though, like we only got flashes of it in 1 and 2. Were they good movies? No, but I'm glad they exist.

I'll still watch The Phantom Menace over and over for that matter.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 08:34 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Also, I'll put The Matrix on here. The first movie's ending is one of the best in film history period, with Neo now able to fly and leaving it up to the viewer to imagine he and the humans continuing quest to stop the machines. Like the turning point in a war with one side gaining some serious momentum and a Superman-like advantage.

I agree w. that. The Matrix ended just the right way.
I especially agree because I wasn’t a huge fan of the sequels, for various reasons.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 10:03 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote