KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Weird trailer. It banks heavily on nostalgia from the originals but it looks like it will be nothing like the original with a completely different tone. It doesn't looks to be comedic at all.

Also, how the hell do the kids not know who the Ghostbusters are if it's set in the same universe? The Ghostbusters saved NYC twice from monsters, everyone should know who they are.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 10:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well I guess this is the trailer...

Kids are the new ghostbusters now? Well I guess it's better than the 2016 film

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 11:21 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by ares834
Weird trailer. It banks heavily on nostalgia from the originals but it looks like it will be nothing like the original with a completely different tone. It doesn't looks to be comedic at all.

Also, how the hell do the kids not know who the Ghostbusters are if it's set in the same universe? The Ghostbusters saved NYC twice from monsters, everyone should know who they are.

at the beginning of GB2 they were already widely forgotten/discredited and relegated to entertaining children's birthday parties; so it's safe to assume the same shit happens after GB2

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 12:08 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks okay...but i need to see more

I hope Melissa McCarthy and the rest of the cast from Ghostbusters 2016 have cameos...

...NOT

I didn't have a problem with the cast of 2016, It was the story that they went with for it was the issue.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 12:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
at the beginning of GB2 they were already widely forgotten/discredited and relegated to entertaining children's birthday parties; so it's safe to assume the same shit happens after GB2

Yeah, 30 years is a long time.
Just look at all the RL events that end up the same way.
For sure there are ppl who remember the events in ‘84 and ‘89 in detail, but they’re likely academics, historians, spook kooks.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 12:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That feeling you haven't felt since The Force Awakens, witnessing a sequel to something epicly nostalgic decades later.

"But wait I thought we had a Ghostbuster sequel 3 years-" NOPE NEVER HAPPENED.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Dec 10th, 2019 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 01:46 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Fair enough. I only saw GB2 once and that was when I was very young.

quote:
Yeah, 30 years is a long time.
Just look at all the RL events that end up the same way.
For sure there are ppl who remember the events in ‘84 and ‘89 in detail, but they’re likely academics, historians, spook kooks.

I believe a giant monster rampaging in New York or the Statue of Liberty dancing through the city would be events monumental and intresting enough to remember 30 years later...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 01:50 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
I believe a giant monster rampaging in New York or the Statue of Liberty dancing through the city would be events monumental and intresting enough to remember 30 years later...

So do i.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 02:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like Gozar is coming back for round 2 in that trailer, Apart from the obvious Terror dog. That mine use to also belong to Ivo shandor.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 03:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

There’s an Easter egg video on YouTube. Hopefully I linked it correctly...:

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 04:27 AM
steverules_2

https://www.slashfilm.com/leslie-jo...busters-sequel/

So Leslie Jones obviously didn’t watch the trailer, it’s not an all man team erm

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 07:03 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Maybe if she'd made a decent movie, she'd have reason to be bitter.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 07:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Leslie Jones is the only one acting like a debbie downer from that group.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 07:36 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Leslie Jones is the only one acting like a debbie downer from that group.

And she's the only one I've ever found sort of funny. But she was still completely out of place for a Ghostbusters movie.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 11:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And she's the only one I've ever found sort of funny. But she was still completely out of place for a Ghostbusters movie.

I found Kate McKinnon more funny out of the group from that movie.

Last edited by Kazenji on Dec 11th, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 12:15 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment
Did anyone else notice the collection of spores, molds, and fungi?

I did in the video game. Last time the entire gang could get together.

Harold Ramis will be missed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 12:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I personally hate Mike from Stranger Things in pretty much everything he is in. He's annoying. He was annoying in IT too.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 12:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules_2
https://www.slashfilm.com/leslie-jo...busters-sequel/

So Leslie Jones obviously didn’t watch the trailer, it’s not an all man team erm

To be fair that article is from January so she couldn't have seen the trailer. However, even back then it was known that it would not be an all male team.

But yeah she legit whines and cries and tries to tie this to Trump lol. Have no fear, whining is being done by some over the trailer:

NME Journalist James McMahon: “F*** That Ghostbusters Trailer. You Don’t Reward Regressive Fanboys”

You don't reward regressive fanboys, but apparently shitty movies should be rewarded with sequels.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 02:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Ugh... because "EveRytHing shoULd be abOuT anNoYiNg IdenTiTy PoLiticS!!"

That's of course why Ghostbusters 2016 was so good. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 03:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Imagine how hurt they'll be when this movie earns more money than the 2016 one.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 04:54 PM