KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » False Idol: Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

False Idol: Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

(please log in to view the image)

I know it's a pretty long read, but it's worth the time. It's well written and enlightening. He's clearly writing from his heart. I know most of you won't read it, but I do want to call out Surt. As much time as you spend on here posting nonsense you can find time.

I'll never forget my evangelical sister-in-law, around the time of the 2016 election, the topic of Trump's immorality and boorish manner was brought up (I think because of the famous "grab 'em by the pussy" comment) and she said with an exasperated discomfort something to the effect of: "I'm going to have to vote for him. I have to vote for this guy." Because the poor, persecuted evangelical agenda (a massive lobby holding a large percentage of the votes) bought him because he needed the votes.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:00 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Actually saw this on Reddit yesterday.

I'm a Christian, I'm probably voting for him in 2020. Can't exactly call him a saint though.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:04 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

(Sorry about the thread title. Fu#king glitchy site. I PM'd Imp to fix it.)

My favorite line from the article...

"A form of Christianity that could be co-opted by a political agenda [is] suspect at its core."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I can’t fix the title from my iPhone.

I’ll try again when I get home to my laptop.

If not, you can try to remake the thread.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

That's okay. When you get a chance.

Thanks.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:32 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have nothing against thevreligious. But teligion and politics should stay seperate. Trump is the Abin Saud of the Christian fundies.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:34 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
religion and politics should stay seperate.

Agreed.

The Church should not hold governance over how gay people live. And conversely the government should keep it's beak out of the Church (which sidenote I have a lot of respect for Buttigeig for calling out Beto on that shit).

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:53 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Churches should be taxed, too. smile

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:55 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Churches should be taxed, too. smile
yes

quote:
I have nothing against thevreligious. But teligion and politics should stay seperate. Trump is the Abin Saud of the Christian fundies.

Good luck with that. So many people find their "identities" in said groups and it becomes who they are, no separation hence the spill over (onto) everyone and thing they associate with. wacko

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 08:06 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump[/i] [/B]

Because the guy who lies nigh every time he opens his mouth over thigns big and small alike, cheats on all his wives; with prostitutes and without even bothering to use protection, mocks disabled people, women and minorities and who has clearly never read the Bible ("Two Corinthians"; let alone follows it, somehow exudes their "Christian moral values" from his every pore.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

(please log in to view the image)

I know it's a pretty long read, but it's worth the time. It's well written and enlightening. He's clearly writing from his heart. I know most of you won't read it, but I do want to call out Surt. As much time as you spend on here posting nonsense you can find time.

I'll never forget my evangelical sister-in-law, around the time of the 2016 election, the topic of Trump's immorality and boorish manner was brought up (I think because of the famous "grab 'em by the pussy" comment) and she said with an exasperated discomfort something to the effect of: "I'm going to have to vote for him. I have to vote for this guy." Because the poor, persecuted evangelical agenda (a massive lobby holding a large percentage of the votes) bought him because he needed the votes.

Lol what do you feel you are calling me out for? You're not dumb enough to suggest I worship Trump, so we can dismiss that possibility. You know I'm not an evangelical, so that possibility is also out. So what is it?

EDIT: If you're asking why I think religious people vote for Trump despite his behavior, it's not rocket science. They know he is more likely to pass policies that suit them as opposed to democrats. Abortion is important to them.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Robtard
Because the guy who lies nigh every time he opens his mouth over thigns big and small alike, cheats on all his wives; with prostitutes and without even bothering to use protection, mocks disabled people, women and minorities and who has clearly never read the Bible ("Two Corinthians"; let alone follows it, somehow exudes their "Christian moral values" from his every pore.

"He mentioned God a couple of times, he says Merry Christmas, and he hates non-Christians and queerosexuals, just like us! That's our guy!"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:24 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or it's more like "he might be a piece of shit, but he's more on our side when it comes to abortion, etc. than the democrats".

Unless someone can name me the democrat candidate that went out of their way to impress the evangelical crowd...like in any way?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Surtur
Or it's more like "he might be a piece of shit, but he's more on our side when it comes to abortion, etc. than the democrats".

Unless someone can name me the democrat candidate that went out of their way to impress the evangelical crowd...like in any way?

Anyone of them should have impressed them just by not being as big a c*nt as he is, but most evangelicals are easily swayed by false piety and mentions of God.

I stopped hanging out with evangelical friends because I realized they were fake as f*ck and lost causes when anything challenged their beliefs.

Last edited by Eternal Idol on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cuz just remember: these people think abortion is murder. Keep that in mind. They literally think democrats approve of the murder of hundreds of thousands of babies *every single year*.

Nobody should be shocked they vote for republicans, even repugnant ones.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
"He mentioned God a couple of times, he says Merry Christmas, and he hates non-Christians and queerosexuals, just like us! That's our guy!"

laughing out loud + Bingo

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They don't say that. They seemingly believe he's a moral and righteous man of God.

Michele Bachmann praises Trump: Americans will 'never see a more godly, biblical president'

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said in a recent interview that she has “never seen a more biblical president” than President Trump.

During her interview with a conservative Christian radio program called “Understanding the Times” over the weekend, Bachmann said, “We could go on what the president has done with standing for righteousness in so many areas.”
-snip

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:40 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep one guy. Moving on.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yep one guy. Moving on.
Michele Bachmann is a woman... she has a large following.

Rick Perry thinks Trump is God's instrument. Pat Robertson said similar. You go on and dodge though.

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure there are some crazies. And? You're actually not proving my argument wrong.

But hey I get it, you have a narrative: you wanna talk shit about evangelicals. Go for it, it doesn't bother me I think they're cray cray, but don't act like they'd be better off voting for a democrat thumb up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 09:54 PM