KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » False Idol: Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

False Idol: Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

The "just some crazies" argument. Good, good.

Posting that Evangelicals don't do what you claim isn't "talking shit" about Evangelicals...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You didn't prove they don't do it because you posted one person.

Nor would you prove they don't do it if you posted 10 people.

Yes or no are you trying to claim they'd be better off voting for democrats?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I posted more than one person, so you're lying again. Pat Robertson alone has millions of followers who listen to his preachings, have you not heard of the "700 Club".

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I posted more than one person, so you're lying again. Pat Robertson alone has millions of followers who listen to his preachings, have you not heard of the "700 Club".

I've seen it and I don't f*cking believe it, nevermind how it's still on the air.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:17 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't lie, I'd drop that. Yes or no would they be better off voting for democrats?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I've seen it and I don't f*cking believe it, nevermind how it's still on the air.

Millions of devote followers keep it going.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

@surt

You did lie, as I posted three names and you said "one person". That's a lie.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:25 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Surtur
Didn't lie, I'd drop that. Yes or no would they be better off voting for democrats?

Yeah, especially if Medicare for All and tax reforms placing a larger burden on th be rich got passed.

Abortions don't affect the quality of their lives, even if they are not comfortable with the practice.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:25 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, especially if Medicare for All and tax reforms placing a larger burden on th be rich got passed.

Abortions don't affect the quality of their lives, even if they are not comfortable with the practice.

thumb up

Neither does same-sex marriage, as we magically saw that the "sanctity of marriage" wasn't ruined for all male/female married couples.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

@surt

I didn't lie, do not go down this road son thumb up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:27 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

@surt

F*ck them too.

The FCC should have pulled the plug on it and evangelical shows just like it when they began wishing death on others and associating them with demonic forces.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I didn't lie, do not go down this road son thumb up

Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry and Pat Robertson are three people, not "one person" as you claimed. You lied, kid. Even by Trump's shitty standards you lied. Moving on.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is the thing though, they view abortion as murder. Is it weird to get so upset over it? Maybe, but it's a major issue for them.

Don't try to use logic here, I'm asking you who they should vote for based on what seems to be important to them, not on what *you* feel should be important.

Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

thumb up

Neither does same-sex marriage, as we magically saw that the "sanctity of marriage" wasn't ruined for all male/female married couples.

thumb up

How could I have forgotten to mention gay marriage as another thing that affects their lives in no way, shape, or form?

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry and Pat Robertson are three people, not "one person" as you claimed. You lied, kid. Even by Trump's shitty standards you lied. Moving on.

You're done, moving on.

Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Churches should be taxed, too. smile

thumb up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:31 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

F*ck them too.

The FCC should have pulled the plug on it and evangelical shows just like it when they began wishing death on others and associating them with demonic forces.

They're protected.

Evangelicals have a huge amount of pull in government. Look at it this way, no Republican could feasibly hope to win the office of POTUS without the Evangelical mob behind them. Why they cater.

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:32 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Evangelicals would lean more Democrat if they actually followed Jesus's teachings.

But this is a new mutant form of Christianity that has dogmatically bonded with a political Party. Like he says, that's particularly suspect.

Surt, I guess my reason in singling you out (I still doubt you actually read it btw) is that don't you find it a little creepy that Donald cynically and dishonestly adopted the large evangelical vote by selling out to a bunch of fundy cocksuckers. Doesn't it make you feel the least bit icky given your die-hard defense of the man and his legacy?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:32 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No I don't find Donald Trump acting like a standard politician creepy. If you do, I'd suggest sitting out the next election cuz there is nobody you could vote for without feeling creepy or hypocritical. They all pander to get votes. Look at the racist white democrats who pander to minorities, for example.

And the inevitable "it's different" responses(maybe not necessarily from you) will be one of the reasons Trump has any chance at all at winning in 2020.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:34 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Here is the thing though, they view abortion as murder. Is it weird to get so upset over it? Maybe, but it's a major issue for them.

Don't try to use logic here, I'm asking you who they should vote for based on what seems to be important to them, not on what *you* feel should be important.

Isn't that exactly what they're doing though? Abortions make them uncomfortable, but they don't affect the quality of their lives. It's the best course of action for many other people's lives, and it's none of their business, but instead of simply choosing to not abort pregnancies themselves, they vote to make it illegal because they feel it's wrong and equate it to murder.

Anyhow, you asked if they'd be better off voting for Democrats, and the answer is yes...unless they're wealthy and want the biggest tax breaks they can get.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 10:38 PM