KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How is Palpatine back (SPOILERS)

How is Palpatine back (SPOILERS)
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Gotta disagree with the idea that it’s a clone body he is possessing that degraded due to dark side usage. If that were the case, the draining Kylo and Rey should only temporarily restore his body (there is no mention of stabilization or whatever). Seems pretty clear to me that it was meant to be his original body the whole time.

Correct - that is his original body. thumb up

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 11:20 AM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cloning was mentioned as a possibility in the film, though.

Only the Snokes were clones - as evidenced in the Cloning-Vats.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Galan007
Granted. But the guy is still credited as an expert in Sith lore/occult, so he's not just some random Resistance dipshit meant to be arbitrarily throwing red herrings around. /shrug

I agree that it doesn't *have* to be a clone body, but there are signs pointing in that direction, imo... Especially when Snoke's existence tells us that Palpatine's occult-science was indeed capable of amalgamating the force with cloned vessels.

Either way, given the evidence at hand, it does seem that Palpatine(as we knew him) died in RotJ. How exactly his resurrection came to be afterward is the biggest question... And who knows if it will ever be satisfactorily answered.

I know someone who worked on Rise Of Skywalker, and he said that Palpatine survived by teleporting to Exegol after Vader threw him down the shaft.

He was damaged in the process, but teleported to Exegol and spent decades recovering there, while watching from afar through his puppet, Snoke.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 11:26 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't mind that we aren't fully certain how Sheev returns, after all it has been implied in some media that Anakin's birth was also orchestrated so there is a precedent in the Saga that murks Force knowledge and science quite enough for this to be left ambiguous.

Upon reflecting on this, giving an open ended explanation to Sheev's return is something this film did right. The bad taste on Palpatine's return is that we know for a fact it was a cop out on this trilogy after TLJ wrote the saga into a corner

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Without explaining Palpatines Return theres nothing to say hes even dead at the end of this.

When Dark Empire gave the clone body explanation, then we knew once he was out of clone bodies, That when he dies now, then thats it.

This whole thing was just stupid. And I dont mean stupid given the lore, I just mean outright bad story telling.

Honestly taking the Lore out of it, and just taking the films on their own, TLJ is better than this.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 02:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Dear Darth Thor, I feel your fatigue after battling evil for so long, but you have to understand that opposing those forces is an endless struggle, that no matter what kind of ending we propose the devil will come back lurking again, stop trying to shield yourself with plot devices that are meant to give you momentary relief. Evil will be back

And it will always come back as Palpatine!!!!!!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 07:44 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
I know someone who worked on Rise Of Skywalker, and he said that Palpatine survived by teleporting to Exegol after Vader threw him down the shaft.

He was damaged in the process, but teleported to Exegol and spent decades recovering there, while watching from afar through his puppet, Snoke.

Except he says in the movie that he died, and it also says he died in the visual dictionary. So that explanation wouldn't work

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Dec 28th, 2019 at 08:15 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 08:10 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

My updated theory is that his body was recovered by his sith loyalists and taken to Exegol where they resurrected him using sith magic. This brought him back to a zombie state and he was kept alive using some sort of technology.

I think this is the most logical explanation. We saw in the movie that there was still a lot intact in the death star wreckage, so it's definitely possible that his body wasn't completely destroyed in the explosion.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 08:14 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Total Warrior is online now!

How can his body be recovered after falling in the reactor?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:53 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Total Warrior
How can his body be recovered after falling in the reactor?
Lazy writing. It's a universal remedy.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Well hopefully the novelization that comes out next month will give us a good answer

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 10:02 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Well hopefully the novelization that comes out next month will give us a good answer

Wish I had your optimism. Then again, I guess the novel has nowhere to go but up at this point.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 08:21 PM