KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » RoS - Visual Dictionary

RoS - Visual Dictionary
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Also, when Rey and Kylo fight in close proximity(as they did against the Praetorian Guards in TLJ), their abilities "mirror and amplify each other... Strengthening their force bond with every passing moment."

So in other words...plot. stick out tongue

No but really, it seems to me the more information and such is given out, the more I'm seeing as all this being very...basic and not exactly all this uber elite stuff people going on about.

Or well I guess in the overall scheme of things, I'm sure just from the movies it's obviously quite great.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 02:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So that must be why she didnt need training to overpower him in TFA.
thumb up

Also explains her ability to mow down the Praetorian Guards(who were extremely well-trained in multiple disciplines) alongside Kylo, despite having NO lightsaber combat training whatsoever.

Aside from that, it seemingly puts an asterisk next to any showings where Rey and Kylo are fighting in the same vicinity as one another, as their individual abilities were being bolstered by presence of the other.

*This is the excerpt I'm referencing, for anyone interested:
https://i.imgur.com/CL2fztY.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well at least that's explained...even if training would have probably been better, I mean the whole bond thing could still work, just could have thrown in training too.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Aside from that, it seemingly puts an asterisk next to any showings where Rey and Kylo are fighting in the same vicinity as one another, as their individual abilities were being bolstered by presence of the other.

Ah like the ship grabbing and exploding feat.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well at least that's explained...even if training would have probably been better, I mean the whole bond thing could still work, just could have thrown in training too.
thumb up

There was no reason to have the entire ST take place so close together(TFA, TLJ, and RoS... They are all set in the same calendar year, ffs.) Space out the timeline a bit. Have Rey receive some proper Jedi training from Leia, the ghosts of Luke/Yoda/Kenobi, and the ancient texts, THEN tack on the bond/dyad concept.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Ah like the ship grabbing and exploding feat.
Possibly.

As mentioned, it's definitely worth giving all scenes where they are fighting in the same vicinity a double-take. /shrug

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So much for them getting great feats. I mean not that those aren’t, but if they come from the fact that they are close together, then individually we still don’t really have any idea where they actually are.

Plus how close or far do they have to be?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 04:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, exactly.

I mean, maybe I'm interpreting the passage wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me... /shrug

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 04:34 PM
Zenwolf

Well it would make sense with this whole.....Force Dyad thing...that and it seems it’s constantly noted that the two of them are each a half. Though given the whole thing with Ben, kinda wondering how it’s gonna go post movie.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 1st, 2020 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 04:37 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

thumb up

Also explains her ability to mow down the Praetorian Guards(who were extremely well-trained in multiple disciplines) alongside Kylo, despite having NO lightsaber combat training whatsoever.

*This is the excerpt I'm referencing, for anyone interested:
https://i.imgur.com/CL2fztY.jpg
This is from the ROS VD and not some other source right?

If so; most of Kylo and Reys notable feats from the movies are now suspect because most of them were done while they were in the same area as one another. Like Zenwolf said- now it's even harder to gauge their individual powers.

Last edited by Sheev on Jan 1st, 2020 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sheev
This is from the ROS VD and not some other source right?
Yes.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 05:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thought I may as well put these excerpts in here for the lulz.

The VD confirms that the FO fleet was still just a fraction of what the Imperial fleet was at its height:
https://i.imgur.com/nJvhO0s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g2RRkKT.jpg

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 03:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm also curious if this was a known factoid in Legends or w/e?:
https://i.imgur.com/8D2LrMM.jpg
"Like the Imperial ships of the past, these new-generation Star Destroyers carry a miniaturized sun within the solar ionization reactor that bulges from their ventral hull [...] distributing it to such intensive systems as hyperdrives and sublight propulsion."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 04:03 PM
Zenwolf

I'm also curious if this was a known factoid in Legends or w/e?:
https://i.imgur.com/8D2LrMM.jpg
"Like the Imperial ships of the past, these new-generation Star Destroyers carry a miniaturized sun within the solar ionization reactor that bulges from their ventral hull [...] distributing it to such intensive systems as hyperdrives and sublight propulsion."

Yes that was a thing there too.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 05:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thanks Zen. thumb up

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 05:33 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I'm confused. How did they create suns in the first place? If they had the ability to do that, then why did SKB need to absorb actual suns?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
I'm confused. How did they create suns in the first place? If they had the ability to do that, then why did SKB need to absorb actual suns?

Because it looked cool? No but really yeah, they could have just easily stored a giant reactor powerful enough to power the superweapon. I mean they clearly have an *** load of resources sooo...why not?

But then the FO isn't exactly high with competence....

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 09:23 PM