KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Who is the most powerful Force User?

Poll
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Rey 8 32.00%
Palpatine 6 24.00%
Yoda 5 20.00%
Anakin 5 20.00%
Luke 1 4.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is the most powerful Force User?
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

But I guess unlike Palpatine, Reys amp was a one off temp one right?

Standard Rey was still [SPOILER - highlight to read]: beaten by Kylo.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 07:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor

At [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the end, sure, but earlier in the movie she was pulling ships out of the sky and intuiting the use of Force Lightning. That alone is almost enough to put her above everyone bar the most powerful users.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 07:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

She [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was losing a lightsaber duel, but she's better than him in a raw force abilities judging by the ship feat.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 10:03 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I seem to remember [SPOILER - highlight to read]: her stabbing kylo in the stomach when they fought. I hardly call that losing

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 10:26 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
At [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the end, sure, but earlier in the movie she was pulling ships out of the sky and intuiting the use of Force Lightning. That alone is almost enough to put her above everyone bar the most powerful users.

Going by pure feats on inanimate objects? Yeah maybe. But we still have to powerscale.

I remember in Rebels 2 Inquistors also held off a ship with its engines on. And the likes of Ahsoka and Maul were well beyond Inquisitors.

And despite [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that feat of Reys, Kylo still beat her, and he never actually displayed Force Lightning, despite being a dark sider fr so long.

But yeah [SPOILER - highlight to read]: force lightning in general was still wayyy too OP in this film.

Originally posted by Psychotron
She [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was losing a lightsaber duel, but she's better than him in a raw force abilities judging by the ship feat.

Thats possible. Like Mace Windu best Palpatine in a Saber duel, but clearly wasnt his equal in the Force.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 10:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

But yeah [SPOILER - highlight to read]: force lightning in general was still wayyy too OP in this film.

Standard Palps has made Yoda drop his lightsaber with FL stick out tongue

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: A feat Super-powered Palps apparently wasn't capable of... laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 10:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ LMAO

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 10:48 PM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

If this is Disney-version then the answer is obviously Rey, 'cause of her uterus.

If it's EU, then the most powerful Force user isn't even listed in the poll.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 11:55 PM
Lighter332 is currently offline Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Maybe I'm missed something, but where was the amp said to be temporary? There literally doesn't seem to be anything stopping it from happening again.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 12:11 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Maybe I'm missed something, but where was the amp said to be temporary? There literally doesn't seem to be anything stopping it from happening again.

Seems like a one off, otherwise any future threat would be trivial if she can just call upon all the Jedi whenever. Or it'll delude it down the line, making it end up being not so special.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 12:12 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Seemed to me like it was a one-off/moment of crisis sort of thing... But I suppose she could technically gain the amp again IF she encountered a threat on one-Sith Palpatine's level(which seems unlikely.)

Only problem is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the power/effort might kill her again... Except next time Ben won't be around to resurrect her.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 12:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Seemed to me like it was a one-off/moment of crisis sort of thing... But I suppose she could technically gain the amp again.

Only problem is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it might kill her again... Except next time Ben won't be around to resurrect her.

Unless she somehow gets over that problem too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But then, that would just delude it. I honestly doubt many writers would even incorporate it, given the risks.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 12:17 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Rey is so OP that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she [SPOILER - highlight to read]: resurrected herself AFTER she died, lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 12:19 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’d love to know which noob voted for Luke.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 12:20 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Seems like a one off, otherwise any future threat would be trivial if she can just call upon all the Jedi whenever. Or it'll delude it down the line, making it end up being not so special.
It's not like it was a freak accident or a scene of immense tension like Kanan fighting Maul. All of the Jedi consciously gave her their power. I don't see anything stopping them from doing it again other than "the Holdo maneuver is one in a million" lampshading. laughing out loud

Yeah, she should be able to stop any threat now, but with force ghost being to physically interact with the world now, that should be the case regardless of whether Rey is around or not.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 02:04 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It's not like it was a freak accident or a scene of immense tension like Kanan fighting Maul. All of the Jedi consciously gave her their power. I don't see anything stopping them from doing it again other than "the Holdo maneuver is one in a million" lampshading. laughing out loud

Yeah, she should be able to stop any threat now, but with force ghost being to physically interact with the world now, that should be the case regardless of whether Rey is around or not.

...Yeah that's also a thing, which means either writers is just gonna have to flat out ignore that stuff...which seems possibly, it's not like the movies themselves haven't already ignored stuff, so why should the writers have to follow anything anyway?

Or they have to come up with some convenient way that the Ghosts just up and disappear, like a limited timespan they can be within the physical world before fully dissipating...or whatever. Which granted this was also a thing in previous Canon and since writers and the like just keep pulling stuff from it, it would probably be the most logical sense to go.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 02:14 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

There could be limitations on what they can do. Also only the “Jedi” can force ghost seems a bit one sided.

But it’s not like Yoda is going to come back and force lightning sith, if there are any more sith to begin with.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 06:33 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-

This is correct

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 06:34 AM
Psychotron

Thats possible. Like Mace Windu best Palpatine in a Saber duel, but clearly wasnt his equal in the Force.

We have to remember that Kylo had trained for many years as a Jedi and Sith, while Rey about a year of training under Leia. Her lightsaber skills aren't going to be as refined as Kylo's but her raw Force power is superior. Poor lad has been giving it his all to the dark side and he can't conjure Force lightning, while Rey gets a little bit angry and destroys a whole ship with it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 08:16 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Psychotron
but her raw Force power is superior.

It shouldnt be though given hes a Skywalker and her merely a Palpatine. Skywalkers > Palpatines in potential and raw power.

The superior training is supposedly moot due to the Dyad nonsense between them. He can do whatever she can (force healing), and her whatever he can (force mind control in Force Awakens before she had any training). I know its stupid, but that appears to be their explanation for her Mary Sueness.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 11:27 AM