KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » So Did the Rise of Skywalker Confirm Ahsoka's Death?(Spoilers)

So Did the Rise of Skywalker Confirm Ahsoka's Death?(Spoilers)
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

That is one loose end that does need to be tied up. Trying to find somebody in charted space is hard enough in Star Wars so I imagine going into the Unknown Regions that haven't been mapped out yet is pretty much hopeless.

I bet they never find Ezra and Thrawn.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 04:51 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah Vos is around Kenobi’s age

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
That is one loose end that does need to be tied up. Trying to find somebody in charted space is hard enough in Star Wars so I imagine going into the Unknown Regions that haven't been mapped out yet is pretty much hopeless.

I doubt they'll never find them, that's too sad. I mean it would be interesting, since one can never end up doing everything or saving everyone or locating everyone...but I doubt that'll happen.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74

Zahn is planning on writing a new Thrawn trilogy, so I'm sure Thrawn/Ezra will be found.

Remember, as of the Rebels S04 finale(when Thrawn and Ezra went missing) there was still a whole separate war being waged in the Unknown Regions between the Grysk and Chiss, which Thrawn was very much involved in... Lots of storytelling potential there.

I actually have a theory that Thrawn may have gotten Ezra to join he and the Chiss in their fight against the Grysk, but that's neither here nor there...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 26th, 2019 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
Evidently the search for Ezra took longer than expected...

Filoni should take Kylos advice and just Let the Past Die.

Except Thrawn. He should have been a villain in this time period, like he was initially created to be.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's one of the things I very much like about canon Thrawn, though: he isn't a villain... Not in the traditional sense, at least.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

That's one of the things I very much like about canon Thrawn, though: he isn't a villain... Not in the traditional sense, at least.

Never really took him as a villain anyway, either case.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

But hed be interested in leading the FO if he was still around right?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Only if he thought that leading the FO could ultimately be of benefit to the Chiss Ascendancy. That's almost always what motivates every decision Thrawn makes(even his decision to originally join the Empire and rise within its ranks.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 26th, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 10:04 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Maybe Thrawn will be the next big bad.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 10:29 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Filoni states that hearing Ahsoka's voice speaking to Rey doesn't mean she's dead...

"I have to wonder with Star Wars fans. They seem to watch the movies but they don't take all the lessons. They deal a lot in absolutes, which is very much a Sith thing. I remember in The Empire Strikes Back Luke speaking out through the force to Leia. Vader also does this at the end of Empire Strikes Back. There's no absoluteness that these people are dead. I mean, some of them we know are dead."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 04:06 PM
Zenwolf

Filoni states that hearing Ahsoka's voice speaking to Rey doesn't mean she's dead...

"I have to wonder with Star Wars fans. They seem to watch the movies but they don't take all the lessons. They deal a lot in absolutes, which is very much a Sith thing. I remember in The Empire Strikes Back Luke speaking out through the force to Leia. Vader also does this at the end of Empire Strikes Back. There's no absoluteness that these people are dead. I mean, some of them we know are dead."

I realize this is more a movie thing, but if she is alive. Did she know Palps was alive and decide to not tell anyone?

That's the least of RoS problems however...

Also if it's taking her and Sabine some 30+ years to find Ezra and Thrawn, then they all gonna be really old. Or if they found them, then that just leads to where the hell were they when the *** hit the fan?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 20th, 2020 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 04:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, there are a lot of plot holes they'd have to try and tidy up if she is still alive.

I mean, Ahsoka and Sabine went looking for Ezra at some point after RotJ -- and Ezra/Thrawn were somewhere in the Unknown Regions. It's hard to believe their search took decadeS, given that Ezra and Thrawn were likely involved in a large-scale war between the Chiss and Grysk at the time.

It's even more odd considering that Exegol is also located in the Unknown Regions. Granted, Palpatine was obviously concealing his presence from everyone, as not even Luke knew he was alive... But once he broadcast his message to the galaxy, where in the hell was Ahsoka? She came to Rey at the end, so obviously she still wanted to lend her support to the Resistance/Jedi. Also, if she's been alive the entire time, then why not try to help fight the FO initially? What could she possibly be involved in that was of greater importance?

Ahsoka was 14 years old when she first appeared in TCW, so she'd be in her early 70s by the time of RoS. Ezra would be the same age as Luke/Leia.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 20th, 2020 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 04:38 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

A lot of things could have happened in those 30 years between the time she and Sabine left to find Ezra and the time of Rise of Skywalker. She could have a family of her own or maybe she was fighting another battle during this time. Heck she and Ezra may have even been at the battle of Exegol who knows.

As far as age goes Ezra would be the exact same age as Luke and just getting into his prime as a force user. Ahsoka would be in her 70's and most likely still kicking @ss the same way Dooku was in his 80's.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2020 12:24 AM
Darth Thor

So some living Jedi start calling to Rey at the exact time Jedi Spirits are? And to think otherwise is being Sith like dealing in absolutes?

Filoni is a such a turd.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2020 08:31 AM
ares834

Good. **** that movie. Retcon the shit out of it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2020 08:36 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Honestly, I'm glad Ahsoka is still around.

What do you guys think of the theory that Ezra is Snoke?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2020 05:20 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote