KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » George Lucas Feels Betrayed by Disney

George Lucas Feels Betrayed by Disney
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Kathleen Kennedy: "You turned the fanbase against me!"

George: "Your lust for political agenda, and love for modern day feminism have already done that"

Kathleen Kennedy: "Don't lecture me George, I see through the toxicity of the fandom, I do not fear the woke side as you do! I have brought politics, feminism, inclusivity and diversity to my new Star Wars!"

George: "Your new Star Wars?!" Kathleen, Disney is evil!

Kathleen: From my point of view the fans are evil.

George: Then you are lost!

Kathleen Kennedy: Don't make me MeToo you.....

George: Kathleen my allegiance is to the fans, TO CREATIVITY!

Kathleen: If you wont treat me as your queen, then you are my enemy.

George: Only a Wahmen deals in absolute I will do what I must

Kathleen: You can try!

laughing laughing laughing thumb up

Inhuman: Meesa Jar Jar Binks!

wink

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 09:49 PM
Lighter332 is currently offline Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

George: "Your lust for political agenda, and love for modern day feminism have already done that"

Kathleen Kennedy: "Don't lecture me George, I see through the toxicity of the fandom, I do not fear the woke side as you do! I have brought politics, feminism, inclusivity and diversity to my new Star Wars!"

Nice. So very nice.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 12:59 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

F*ck Lucas and his $4.05 billion dollar deal. He got way too much credit for the OT, the PT was garbage, and his other film projects that he was too involved in were also garbage. He's not a good filmmaker. Never has been.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 02:02 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
F*ck Lucas and his $4.05 billion dollar deal. He got way too much credit for the OT, the PT was garbage, and his other film projects that he was too involved in were also garbage. He's not a good filmmaker. Never has been.
More or less. thumb up

I'm getting really sick of the revisionist bullshit regarding George Lucas, his so-called "storytelling", and the prequels.

George is a good idea man and if nothing else wants every movie to stand on its own as its own piece of art, but when it comes to actually making great films? He falls short.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 02:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

thumb up

i think he did an okay job with ep1, putting aside pod racing and jarjar. his problem is that he got lazy and lost his imagination. thats what happens when you cash in with ewoks and loaf around for 30 years. (remember that his original plan was for RotJ to be episode 9)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 02:23 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

As a person who loves George Lucas and thinks he makes excellent movies, I disagree.

Especially because I think the PT is a masterpiece. A definitive step up from the OT in almost every single way. His imagination and story telling abilities are excellent, fun, as legendary.

6 of his movies are in my top 25 list of movies.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 03:08 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

I think Lucas loves his franchise, he sold them to Disney so the IP could continue, which is a good thing.

But by far, with the resources they've got on hand, it's hard to say they've done a good job. RO and Solo were good.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 03:38 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
and lost his imagination.

Okay thats just a laughable accusation.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 08:13 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by NemeBro

I'm getting really sick of the revisionist bullshit regarding George Lucas, his so-called "storytelling", and the prequels.

So basically youre sick and frustrated of people having a different opinion to you.

If thats the case you may be the Internet isnt a good place for your mental health... Just saying.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 08:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by dadudemon
As a person who loves George Lucas and thinks he makes excellent movies, I disagree.

Especially because I think the PT is a masterpiece. A definitive step up from the OT in almost every single way. His imagination and story telling abilities are excellent, fun, as legendary.

6 of his movies are in my top 25 list of movies.
No doubt the other 19 are the Care Bears films, Terminator Genisys, the worst of the Happy Madison productions, and The Room--but completely unironically because you think Mark was as compelling of a character as Anakin Skywalker and just as well acted with great dialogue. Your taste in film is truly f*cking awful and the part of your brain that processes emotional nuance and story structure was probably left in an oxygen-deprived state during fetal development.

But I otherwise totally agree; "Oooo! Icky icky poo!" and "Pee-yusa!" is the kind of dialogue Quentin Tarantino only dreams that he could have had Jules and Vincent say. F*cking masterpiece, I'm 100% with you
thumb up "Noooooooooooo!"

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:46 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The prequels are cinematic garbage but at least Lucas had a vision from start to finish with them. He knew ultimately where he wanted them to go.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

You guys complain WAY too much. Film was great as it was. Stupid fanboys.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:59 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by BackFire
The prequels are cinematic garbage but at least Lucas had a vision from start to finish with them. He knew ultimately where he wanted them to go.
Well, yeah... he figured out how the prequels ended as soon he started writing ANH. They're prequels. You know how it's gonna end, you just gotta get everyone into their starting spots for ANH. Sequels are harder, you have to direct toward an unknown.

Again, Lucas being given credit for something that didn't require his effort.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Dec 25th, 2019 at 07:33 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 07:23 AM
Darth Thor

Sequels are harder, you have to direct toward an unknown.

Hmm if only Lucas had ever done a sequel he would know right?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 08:03 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hmm if only Lucas had ever done a sequel he would know right?
Yeah, shame he never wrote, directed, produced, or edited the sequels to the original Star Wars. Instead we got that piece of shit film Empire Strikes Backs written by Lawrence Kasdan, directed by Irvin Kershner, produced by Gary Kurtz, and edited by Paul Hirsch.

Then we got that other piece of shit sequel Return of the Jedi written by Kasdan and Lucas (I'll bet the rehashed Death Star, water treading Han and Leia, and the f*cking Ewoks were all Kasdan's ideas), directed by Richard Marquand, produced by Howard Kazanjian, and edited by a bunch of people that were and weren't Marcia Lucas.

Oh shit, maybe you were talking about the sequels within the prequels? The sequel-prequels that were all just prequels and all lead to the same place before ANH?

Lucas has never made an actual sequel. He's been given credit for other people's hardwork and ideas.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 08:29 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 02:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best post ever

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 04:49 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

No doubt the other 19 are the Care Bears films, Terminator Genisys, the worst of the Happy Madison productions, and The Room

I see your ad hominem and raise you: no, none of those make the list. They don't even make a top 100 list or top 1000 list. I don't have them on any list.

--but completely unironically because you think Mark was as compelling of a character as Anakin Skywalker and just as well acted with great dialogue.

Yes, his acting and execution was better than Mark Hamil's Luke, 100% for sure. Glad you see it my way.

Your taste in film is truly f*cking awful and the part of your brain that processes emotional nuance and story structure was probably left in an oxygen-deprived state during fetal development.

Translation of what you said: "We've argued about Star Wars for years and every argument I have ever come up with, you thoroughly destroyed it, made me look like a fool, and showed me to be the massive hypocrite I am so I will just childishly insult. I secretly realize that the PT is actually a great Trilogy for the same reasons I like the OT and some new reasons too. But I am too stubborn and childish to acknowledge this fact because I was an edgy teen when the PT came out and thought it was cool to hate the PT and now I'm stuck doubling down on hating it many years later."

But I otherwise totally agree; "Oooo! Icky icky poo!" and "Pee-yusa!" is the kind of dialogue Quentin Tarantino only dreams that he could have had Jules and Vincent say. F*cking masterpiece, I'm 100% with you
thumb up "Noooooooooooo!"

Remember that one time in your favorite Star Wars movie when Luke did this?

This is the best acting I have ever seen. Nothing is better. Better than anything seen in the PT.

Well, yeah... he figured out how the prequels ended as soon he started writing ANH. They're prequels. You know how it's gonna end, you just gotta get everyone into their starting spots for ANH. Sequels are harder, you have to direct toward an unknown.

Again, Lucas being given credit for something that didn't require his effort.

Lucas being given credit for writing a saga that spanned 6 movies required no creative thought or effort?

But you just admitted that he wrote it in ANH where he had to write and direct towards an unknown.

Your hate has blinded you so much that you're now saying completely stupid things. Are you against vaccinations, too? Is the earth flat?

smile

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 25th, 2019 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:20 PM
Darth Thor

Lucas being given credit for writing a saga that spanned 6 movies required no creative thought or effort?

But you just admitted that he wrote it in ANH where he had to write and direct towards an unknown.

Yeah also the ending for these films was always clear to them. It was going to end exactly like ROTJ.

Somehow I knew that the instant it opened up with TFA starting out exactly the same as ANH.

But still the Prequels flow from one to the other as a singular vision. These films even knowing where they were starting and ending, still manage to feel disjointed as hell.

But I am too stubborn and childish to acknowledge this fact because I was an edgy teen when the PT came out and thought it was cool to hate the PT and now I'm stuck doubling down on hating it many years later.

laughing out loud

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 25th, 2019 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:49 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I see your ad hominem and raise you: no, none of those make the list. They don't even make a top 100 list or top 1000 list. I don't have them on any list.

Yes, his acting and execution was better than Mark Hamil's Luke, 100% for sure. Glad you see it my way.

Translation of what you said: "We've argued about Star Wars for years and every argument I have ever come up with, you thoroughly destroyed it, made me look like a fool, and showed me to be the massive hypocrite I am so I will just childishly insult. I secretly realize that the PT is actually a great Trilogy for the same reasons I like the OT and some new reasons too. But I am too stubborn and childish to acknowledge this fact because I was an edgy teen when the PT came out and thought it was cool to hate the PT and now I'm stuck doubling down on hating it many years later."

Remember that one time in your favorite Star Wars movie when Luke did this?

This is the best acting I have ever seen. Nothing is better. Better than anything seen in the PT.

Your hate has blinded you so much that you're now saying completely stupid things. Are you against vaccinations, too? Is the earth flat?

smile
thumb up I love you too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 12:05 AM