KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Skyrim is really, REALLY bad

Skyrim is really, REALLY bad
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Which is better?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 10:00 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
What do you dislike about it?

Graphics are subpar, the combat is shit, there could be a bit more color in the world and the main story could be better, but its pretty fun besides that.

There's only so much color you can put into a world filled with snow pretty much everywhere. The Rift was a pretty colorful region, imo. I greatly enjoyed the scenery in Skyrim; one of my favorite things about the game.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 11:30 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
There's only so much color you can put into a world filled with snow pretty much everywhere. The Rift was a pretty colorful region, imo. I greatly enjoyed the scenery in Skyrim; one of my favorite things about the game.
I'm talking about the armor.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 01:29 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm talking about the armor.

laughing out loud Ok.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 01:33 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Which is better?

Black. Sigma cut out the cool blue trail effect when you do a flaying swallow, the balancing is different, and I think blood effects were cut out (Not sure about decapitations).

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 05:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly think Skyrim is pretty weak in several areas, especially narrative, but a lot of the issues you could have with it can be fixed with modding, and when it is modded, it's a lot of fun.

This has been true for Oblivion and Morrowind as well(especially Morrowind).

I will say the first time I beat Skyrim it was on an xbox 360. This was out of necessity since when the game first came out I didn't have a PC powerful enough to run it. By no means did I find it an awful experience. However, I suspect that my impressions of the 360 version would be different if I had first played it on PC with mods and then later on tried it on the 360.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 06:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yeah, but then you're not getting the intended experience. The way I see if, if a game needs mods to be good, it was never a good game to begin with.

I personally have no problem with vanilla Skyrim's environments. May as well complain Zelda doesn't add enough color, it was going for a certain kind of look. If I want color, I could load up Enslaved, which has more color then that guy who did paintings on tv.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 10:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I enjoy Skyrim fine as is.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 11:38 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Me too. I don't use mods either because I can't since I play it on PS3.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 02:01 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Me too. I don't use mods either because I can't since I play it on PS3.

They ever fix the lag issues?

Pretty sure the 360 had issues of its own, something about texture streaming in the downloadable version resulting in inferior looking textures. Haven't noticed this, and not sure I'd even know it if I saw it.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:42 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
They ever fix the lag issues?

It's probably been over six months at least since I finished my first playthru of Skyrim. If there were any lag issues it certainly wasn't bad enough to stop me from enjoying the game and I'd probably easily remember them as well if they were that severe. As it is, I'm not recalling any major issues with lag though.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 06:06 PM
Jmanghan

There were some lag issues in the original releases, but playing on Switch the game runs just fine for me.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jan 3rd, 2020 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 08:43 PM
cdtm

A more modern port of Skyrim that can not be officially or easily modded.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 02:51 AM
cdtm

You know, honestly, I don't hate Skyrim. But I also don't think it's great.

I mean, I enjoy Mass Effect or Witcher games a lot more. Or even some Assassins Creed games.

Skyrim is something I fire up if I don't feel like a challenge, am not sure what I'm in the mood for, but don't feel like watching a movie.

At heart, I'm all about high adrenalin combat and puzzling out how to handle tough encounters. The exploration bits of Shadow of Colossus bored Zelda bored me to tears, and served as padding between all the cool boss encounters. And that's all Skyrim really is... Go here, go there, get loot, craft that.

May as well put me in a pen and paper rpg, because I couldn't stand that either. I was the kid who'd rather play Rtype or Defender. Or Burgertime or Pac man.

Dark Souls or Darksiders gives some of that, at least. Even Diablo has more of what I like there.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 12:52 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Skyrim gave me aids the first time I played it.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 06:03 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote