KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Spoilers! How does Rey compare with prequel jedi?

Spoilers! How does Rey compare with prequel jedi?
Started by: BestEverNoob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

She’s not the best duelist but she’s a beast with the force, which is the opposite of most PT Jedi so it’s hard to compare

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 08:38 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I mean is it that hard for her to be superior to those in The Force, when pretty much the more extreme cases of Force Use was rare within TCW?

Like honestly throughout the show, I rarely saw any notable gap between Force Users and even then it was only by maybe 3 specific ones. It seemed very tamed, so of course Rey would look superior to practically all of them.

The only big Force feat I recall was from Dooku and those 8 Orbileks things doing it casually so.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 25th, 2019 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf

The only big Force feat I recall was from Dooku and those 8 Orbileks things doing it casually so.

Both Maul and Opress have individually and on different occasions shoved a Jedi ship off a cliff.

When Opress did that it was the same episode where hes shown to be no match at all for Dooku in the Force. So presumably Dooku can do a lot more than that.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Maybe they haven’t done it on screen, but the Jedi has some nice feat even in canon. Yoda for instance lifted a mountain, and Rivi Anu (is she canon) if I recall correctly stopped a battleship or something like that. In the DD novel Vos at the beginning of his training kills a crustacean creature and so on.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Both Maul and Opress have individually and on different occasions shoved a Jedi ship off a cliff.

When Opress did that it was the same episode where hes shown to be no match at all for Dooku in the Force. So presumably Dooku can do a lot more than that.

I mean yes that's true, but on that note, what is seen doesn't mean that someone is more powerful than the other. At least not nessecarily anyway.

I think some are forgetting that, example just because character A might be able to TK lift a 100 lbs, but character B has only shown to shove a dozen of so enemies away with TK but not lift the 100 lbs, doesn't mean necessarily that character A would be superior.

I dunno maybe it's just new movie hype or something.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Tzeentch
She certainly has a more practical moveset.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:17 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Ok, Rey is a character in 3 kids movies. TCW and ROTS were shot for a much older audience. You can't really compare her choreography or general hamminess against her or any of the other characters any more than you can against the cartoon characters or comics. Told through the same director, the characters might be more visually similar-- kinda have to go back to feat wars to compare them-- as much as I hate to admit it.
Ive always much preferred the flashy PT jedi over all the others.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 04:24 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Psychotron
Total Warrior, since when is Secura strong enough to pull down starships with her TK?

That's Amped!Rey. I thought that when next to Kylo Ren she always gets an amp.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Lord Stark

She does apparently, so now it's even harder to gauge them both where they stand individually. Well...I guess not so much with Kylo since we've got comics about him...still though.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 05:33 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I wish they focused now on making Star Wars Stories one-shots again instead of trilogies.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 05:35 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Lord Stark

Nice head canon, but nothing in the movie implies this. Her only amp was at the end when she killed Sidious.

She lifted a tons of rocks at the end of TLJ while being away from Kylo and didn't even struggle. Also, she has an year of training between TLJ and ROS.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 11:19 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I wish they focused now on making Star Wars Stories one-shots again instead of trilogies.

I rewatched Solo over the weekend, and its actually pretty damn fun. Would have liked to have spent more movies or just more time with the younger incarnations of those characters. But thats clearly not gonna happen.

Nice head canon, but nothing in the movie implies this. Her only amp was at the end when she killed Sidious.

She lifted a tons of rocks at the end of TLJ while being away from Kylo and didn't even struggle. Also, she has an year of training between TLJ and ROS.

The Dyad thing. They are stronger together.

Nice feat and good point with the rocks. But to be fair, even then, Kylo wasnt that far away, like literally on the other side of that cave.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

The Dyad thing. They are stronger together.

Nice feat and good point with the rocks. But to be fair, even then, Kylo wasnt that far away, like literally on the other side of that cave.

I don't remember anyone saying the Dyad amped them in any way, and I have re-watched the scene with Sidious multipe times.

Okay, where was Kylo when an untrained Rey was splitting rocks apart with the Force just by meditating with Luke for the first time?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

1)I don't remember anyone saying the Dyad amped them in any way, and I have re-watched the scene with Sidious multipe times.

2)Okay, where was Kylo when an untrained Rey was splitting rocks apart with the Force just by meditating with Luke for the first time?

1) You expect the movies themselves to actually explain stuff Lol:

https://m.imgur.com/CL2fztY

2) That wasnt controlled though. Without Kylo around to mirror she still needs training.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 07:05 PM
Psychotron

1) You expect the movies themselves to actually explain stuff Lol:

https://m.imgur.com/CL2fztY

2) That wasnt controlled though. Without Kylo around to mirror she still needs training.

Oh for God's sake. I hate it when they expect you to do homework to understand vital elements of the character's abilities.

Sure, but she has the raw power. I mean, all Luke did was make some rocks float when training with Yoda, while Rey can split boulders apart on accident.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 08:58 PM
Darth Thor

Oh for God's sake. I hate it when they expect you to do homework to understand vital elements of the character's abilities.

Sure, but she has the raw power. I mean, all Luke did was make some rocks float when training with Yoda, while Rey can split boulders apart on accident.

They literally explain nothing in these films, and the ancillary canon is left to do its best to make the sequels make any kind of sense. For the most part they do well given the stupid stuff they have to materialise.

To be fair though was different in that Luke was trying to learn control. Rey was just told you reach out to the Force and she went straight to the dark side (destructive power).

Luke however before ESB shook a Star Destroyer by accident in a canon comic.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 09:48 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

They literally explain nothing in these films

Period.

lol

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 10:15 PM
NTJack0
Ranger

She's still trash tier and would lose against most seasoned Jedi, her brief power up aside.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 08:08 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Rey is one of the most powerful characters of all time. She and Ren sit atop the mountain.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 12:56 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

No, that would be ROS Palpatine and Rey amped by the Jedi Spirits. Kylo is definitely sub-Vader level.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 06:51 PM