KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars (comic series)

Star Wars (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Star Wars (comic series)

With Soule's new Star Wars series on the horizon, I figured that I may as well make a discussion thread for it...

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
-In the wake of the events following The Empire Strikes Back, it is a dark time for the heroes of the Rebellion.

-The Rebel fleet...scattered following a disastrous defeat at the Battle of Hoth.

-Han Solo...lost to the bounty hunter, Boba Fett, after being frozen in carbonite.

-And after being lured into a trap on Cloud City and bested in a vicious lightsaber duel against the evil Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker...learned the horrible truth about his past. Vader did not kill Luke's father Anakin -- Vader is Luke's father!

-Now, after narrowly escaping the dark lord's clutches, and wounded and reeling from the revelation, Luke, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, the Wookiee Chewbacca and the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 must fight their way back to the Rebel Alliance--for the fate of the entire galaxy is at stake! After so many losses is victory still possible?

-But, what Leia, Luke and their ragtag band of freedom fighters do not realize is that they have only traded one Imperial trap for another! Enter the cunning and vengeful Imperial Commander Zahra, at the helm of the Tarkin's Will!

*Starts January 1st, 2020.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 27th, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2019 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Looking forward to this.big grin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Hmm... Not sure about this only because I loved Shadows of the Empire comic book.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 27th, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Same.

I'm only optimistic because Soule is heading this up... His SW works haven't disappointed me yet.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 12:20 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:46 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Nice issue

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

yeah this was great.

Luke's loss to Vader (and the "I am your father" revelation) cut him DEEP. It will be cool to see those long term effects explored further.

Last edited by Sheev on Jan 1st, 2020 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Hopefully the comics will redeem canon Luke

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nice feat him taking out a dozen tie fighters with the Force like that.

And yet TLJ Luke finds the idea of him taking on the First Order with the force and his lightsaber laughable confused

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

TLJ is the worst movie of the saga by a large margin

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 06:38 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 03:55 PM
ares834

So there was some random Jedi conveniently hanging around on Cloud City during the time of ESB. And, instead of helping Luke fight Vader, he was just hiding around to catch the lightsaber. Wow!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:21 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nice feat him taking out a dozen tie fighters with the Force like that.

And yet TLJ Luke finds the idea of him taking on the First Order with the force and his lightsaber laughable confused
Are you really whining that TLJ didn't have retarded power creep?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:23 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
So there was some random Jedi conveniently hanging around on Cloud City during the time of ESB. And, instead of helping Luke fight Vader, he was just hiding around to catch the lightsaber. Wow!

.....Yeeeaahhh....that's even worse than just being around in the galaxy during the GCW and not doing anything.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Hopefully there's more to it than that... Or if the Jedi WAS there the entire time, hopefully they had a good reason for not intervening.

It's just strange, because by RotJ, Luke doesn't have Anakin's saber any longer... So making a special trip back to Cloud City to collect it seems useless.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 29th, 2020 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:57 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I hope it's Vos. big grin

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Hopefully there's more to it than that... Or if the Jedi WAS there the entire time, hopefully they had a good reason for not intervening.

It's just strange, because by RotJ, Luke doesn't have Anakin's saber any longer... So making a special trip back to Cloud City to collect it seems useless.

I can't imagine there would be any reason whatsoever to not help a fellow Jedi duel a Sith Lord..

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Maybe it was part of his training at that point?? Goes back to Kenobi saying "if you choose to face Vader you will do it alone".

So maybe Yoda or Kenobi specifically told this unknown Jedi not to interfere?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote