KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars (comic series)

Star Wars (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 01:32 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Neat to see Luke visiting the world where Vader faced and killed his first Jedi after being placed in the suit.

The mountain and monastery where Kirak Infil'a lived seemed to emphasize training. This might help explain some of Luke's combative growth.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ And Kirak appeared to have at least one Holocron as well(which Luke will presumably snag):
https://ibb.co/sCzJ7xm
So yeah. thumb up

On another note, this would also be the perfect time to have Luke locate Jacasta Nu's library/cache. When he located it in the comics(which occurred at a yet unknown point in the timeline), he certainly appeared to be younger... So the age range could fit:
https://ibb.co/XxXTL4B

Luke studying Yoda's holocron + a cache of that magnitude would explain his exponential growth by RotJ more than anything else really could at this point. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 4th, 2021 at 01:16 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Galan are there any accolades to suggest Luke ever surpassed Yoda ?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

You don't nead that. You can just scale Prime Luke above Vader.
GM Luke>Vader>Anakin~Yoda.
In the last year Anakin got 3 or 4 quotes suggesting relativity or even superiority to Yoda.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthadi
You don't nead that. You can just scale Prime Luke above Vader.
GM Luke>Vader>Anakin~Yoda.
In the last year Anakin got 3 or 4 quotes suggesting relativity or even superiority to Yoda.

Yeah that dont work for me. We had the whole Luke > Snoke = Palpatine, but that turned out to be bogus.

Was wondering if there was any direct comparisons. Or Luke confirmed to be the most powerful Jedi in all 3 eras.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"Fear is the mind-killer", huh? shifty

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 04:54 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Galan are there any accolades to suggest Luke ever surpassed Yoda ?
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was wondering if there was any direct comparisons. Or Luke confirmed to be the most powerful Jedi in all 3 eras.
No direct accolades explicitly stating such, no... Not yet, at least.

But logically speaking, if indeed Luke was equal to Vader as of RotJ(as canon has indicated on more than one occasion), it makes perfect sense for him to have surpassed Yoda at some point afterward, given the incessant relic/knowledge-hoarding he was doing in the decades between RotJ and the ST... But yeah, that's just personal conjecture at this point.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2021 02:00 AM
Darth Thor

Yeah thought so. Would like a confirmation at some point that he is the most powerful Jedi of the 3 movie eras.

Originally posted by Galan007
if indeed Luke was equal to Vader as of RotJ(as canon has indicated on more than one occasion),

That's said more than once ?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2021 05:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Galan007
^ And Kirak appeared to have at least one Holocron as well(which Luke will presumably snag):
https://ibb.co/sCzJ7xm
So yeah. thumb up
Heh...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2021 03:37 AM
Underachiever59

Honestly, I was very happy with how Luke got the holocron in this chapter. Reminded me a lot of what Yoda said in Rebels.

"How a Jedi chooses to win, the question is."

Luke fully acknowledged that he could storm the Imperial facility single-handed, cutting his way through any opposition by allowing the Force to flow through him. But that's not the Jedi way.

So he just walked up unarmed and asked for the most important artifact, with a subtle push of the Force. No need for bloodshed or to raise any alarms when he could easily avoid it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2021 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So none of the Imperials notice an X-wing flying about?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2021 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Underachiever59
Honestly, I was very happy with how Luke got the holocron in this chapter. Reminded me a lot of what Yoda said in Rebels.

"How a Jedi chooses to win, the question is."

Luke fully acknowledged that he could storm the Imperial facility single-handed, cutting his way through any opposition by allowing the Force to flow through him. But that's not the Jedi way.

So he just walked up unarmed and asked for the most important artifact, with a subtle push of the Force. No need for bloodshed or to raise any alarms when he could easily avoid it.
thumb up

Luke was well-aware of what he could do in that situation... But he immediately recognized what he should do. I think it goes back to Yoda's training in ESB: "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack."

To date, Soule has done a fantastic job at fleshing-out Luke's gradual transition into a true Jedi Knight.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 10th, 2021 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2021 03:06 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Gotta love how normal Stormtrooper grunts had the full access to "most important artifacts".

One would think the Empire had their complicated rank structure for a reason. Apparently not.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2021 01:10 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Lol. and the fact that no one else at the facility noticed them taking it.

It was a good issue though. Now we just have to wait and see what Luke learns.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2021 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Oh no, you won't get me to stop complaining so easily. We were introduced to Stormtrooper Officers/Commanders as early as in ANH.

Originally posted by Sheev
Now we just have to wait and see what Luke learns.

GALAN'S UNHEALTHY FANTASIES WON'T BE INDULGED!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2021 10:16 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Maybe they were just the highest ranking goons at that facility? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 13th, 2021 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Maybe they were just the highest ranking goons at that facility? stick out tongue

Then why they had no pauldrons and were on guard duty? sad

Old Post Dec 13th, 2021 11:01 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 8th, 2022 07:02 PM
Underachiever59

Luke having a vision of Elzar Mann from The High Republic. I've been enjoying the High Republic novels so far, especially The Fallen Star. Kinda curious where this comic issue is going to go, with Luke meeting Elzar.

Elzar is probably one of the most troubled Jedi in The High Republic. Romantic attachment, struggles with anger, repeated failures that have led to catastrophic events and losses of life. He's definitely going to have some lessons to impart on Luke.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2022 08:16 PM