KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku vs Mace Windu

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Count Dooku 9 33.33%
Mace Windu 18 66.67%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Count Dooku vs Mace Windu
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Count Dooku vs Mace Windu

Surprised this didn't show up on the search.

Anyways canon feats only for these two.

Fight takes place at Jabba's palace.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 09:23 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Re: Count Dooku vs Mace Windu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Surprised this didn't show up on the search.

Anyways canon feats only for these two.

Fight takes place at Jabba's palace.

This has been done a billion times.

Windu wins.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 09:38 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Count Dooku vs Mace Windu

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 10:01 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Even though Sidious faked his loss to Mace, Mace was still able to contend with him for some time which automatically puts him a level above Dooku so I give to Mace 9/10 times here

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 12:18 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The Count.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 07:00 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Make it Dooku + Grievous vs Mace and it becomes a fair fight.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 07:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Mace wins

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 11:54 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Make it Dooku + Grievous vs Mace and it becomes a fair fight.
I didn't realize Mace was so far above Dooku. Other than Sidious faking his loss to Mace what other victories does Windu have?

I know he was holding his own against Mother Talzin.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:05 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I didn't realize Mace was so far above Dooku. Other than Sidious faking his loss to Mace what other victories does Windu have?

Mace overpowered Sidious in Sabers. Nothing fake about that.

Even IF it was planned by Sidious, Lucas outright confirmed Mace can compete against him.

So he seems to just be younger and stronger than Dooku.

That said Dooku is way cooler thumb up

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Even IF it was planned by Sidious, Lucas outright confirmed Mace can compete against him.

These are two of my favorites characters in Star Wars.

Though I just thought of something, Mace was holding his own against Talzin in a saber duel and in the Son of Dathomir Talzin took control of Dooku's body and attacked Sidious he then states that while she has control of Dooku's body she don't have his skill.

That seems to me he wasn't impressed with her skill and she was able to hold her own against Windu.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Jan 1st, 2020 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:26 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Check out the polls.

It's always extremely close or 50:50.

Windu has that RotS showing against Sidious and it's often argued how his fighting style would overpower Dooku's defense, like Anakin did.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 03:32 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Mace but quite a close fight.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Funnily enough, I googled this yesterday (and found a bunch of old KMC threads).

There's some exposition in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous that asserts that of all the jedi (aside from Yoda) only Mace even has a chance against Dooku on even ground. And it's certainly not a guaranteed victory.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zamp
Funnily enough, I googled this yesterday (and found a bunch of old KMC threads).

There's some exposition in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous that asserts that of all the jedi (aside from Yoda) only Mace even has a chance against Dooku on even ground. And it's certainly not a guaranteed victory.

Theres that and a quote from the same novel saying Dooku was the strongest of the Jedi Temple students. The latter quote has been repeated in a Canon source book as well.

That all said, Mace is younger and physically stronger. Plus his Saber style is more lethal especially against dark siders.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 09:37 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm against the popular opinion that Windu should take it. Samuel L. Jackson had to throw a tantrum on set and demanded Lucas to write him a badass fighting scene.

Not to mention that Tyranus also has a great feat under his belt - stalemating Yoda.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 09:44 PM
CaveDude33211

Sidious faking his loss to Mace has been debunked.

And the Revenge Of The Sith novelization, which is Canon to the film reaffirms Mace's usage of Vapaad, which is what caused Mace to overwhelm and defeat Sidious.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 09:50 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

thumb up

Mace defeated Sidious with Vapaad, and especially against a Dark Sider, Mace would be faster and stronger than Dooku.

Mace can also see and strike Shatterpoints, which is also partially how he defeated Sidious.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 09:52 PM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Check out the polls.

It's always extremely close or 50:50.

Windu has that RotS showing against Sidious and it's often argued how his fighting style would overpower Dooku's defense, like Anakin did.

thumb up

And Mace would see Dooku's shatterpoint and strike it as well.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 09:54 PM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'm against the popular opinion that Windu should take it. Samuel L. Jackson had to throw a tantrum on set and demanded Lucas to write him a badass fighting scene.

Not to mention that Tyranus also has a great feat under his belt - stalemating Yoda.

Dooku stalemated a rusty-Yoda, which is less impressive.

Also, it was actually established all the way back in 2003 in the novel Shatterpoint- way before Revenge Of The Sith, that Windu had created the Lightsaber Form of Vapaad - and Labyrinth Of Evil revealed that Mace had created Vapaad specifically for the purpose of defeating Sidious.

So one way or another, Mace was going to defeat Sidious and it was completely justified. smile

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 10:00 PM
CaveDude33211

Mace Windu defeats Dooku - with less difficulty than it took him to defeat Sidious.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 10:01 PM