KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Green Lantern (2011 film) vs Apocalypse (Fox X-Men films)

Green Lantern (2011 film) vs Apocalypse (Fox X-Men films)
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Green Lantern (2011 film) vs Apocalypse (Fox X-Men films)

The superhero Green Lantern is facing off against the powerful villain Apocalypse in a fight to the death.

Battle Location: Western Desert of Egypt.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 01:10 AM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Hmmm despite what people think about the movie, GL was pretty damn powerful at the end.

Been awhile, but solely off of the final fight I would say GL, I think a pretty solid case could be made for Apoc though. I honestly don't know off the top of my head.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 01:19 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Apocalypse ragdolls him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 01:30 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Apocalypse ragdolls Bane

^^^Fixed.

Like ShadowFyre said, GL was pretty powerful for the big boss fight. Plus, he’s bringing an energy based, non mutant power Apoc has no real way to undermine.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 01:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Hmmm despite what people think about the movie, GL was pretty damn powerful at the end.

Been awhile, but solely off of the final fight I would say GL, I think a pretty solid case could be made for Apoc though. I honestly don't know off the top of my head.

thumb up

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 04:05 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Green lantern hurls apocalypse into the sun

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 02:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

To be fair they were both pretty bad movies.

But yeah the acting makes Apocalypse not as bad as GL, (that would be hard) but still bad.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 02:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

If GL fights to his full capabilities, he demolishes Apocalypse. Isn't he able to fly at near lightspeed going off how quick he got to the sun with Parallax in tow at the climax of Green Lantern? So he has:
- Near lightspeed flight
- Super durability
- Super powerful light constructs

He could fly into Apoc at Reeve Superman/Captain Marvel flight speeds and turn him into mush, crush him with a giant light vice or hammer, or as Surt said toss him into the sun.

I don't know if Apoc could perform his transmutation & TK abilities on him like he did on the X-people. Merge him into a wall and such.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 06:06 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Darth Thor
To be fair they were both pretty bad movies.

But yeah the acting makes Apocalypse not as bad as GL, (that would be hard) but still bad.

They cast a great Sinestro, though, i’ll give them that.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 07:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Apocalypses' force field withstood more damage than GL was shown producing. Also he can teleport and his TK far surpasses GL's construct.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 08:13 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Proof of any of that’d be great.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 08:23 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

What did Hal actively damage with his constructs that surpasses Phoenix Jean, no visor Cyclops, and full power Magneto and Storm all attacking him at once for a long period of time?

You need proof Apoc can teleport? Well he teleported...we see him do so. Unless you've got some proof GL constructs somehow negate teleportation.

As for his TK, he made a pyramid the size of a small city rather casually as well as dismantling a city with just as much ease.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 08:35 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Oh.

You could have just said your previous post was your opinion and saved a lot of unnecessary typing.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 12:25 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hal doesn't need raw firepower he just flies Apoc to the sun. GL's shields can survive the immense gravity, etc that occurs by being near the sun.

Apocalypse can...survive an optic blast and pieces of metal being hurled at him. His shield ain't holding up to the sun.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 12:27 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Can I get a list of what powers Apocalypse showed in the movie?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 12:30 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Silent Master
Can I get a list of what powers Apocalypse showed in the movie?

- saaaaand

- pretending to be Ivan Ooze and failing

- then pretending to be TAS Apoc and failing

- still being better than retarded Hal Jordan who was played by a moron and slips in the bathroom in the original material

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 02:23 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

GL stomps.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 04:50 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

GL wins this.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2020 03:44 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

GL had zero feats that surpasses Apoc.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 05:25 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Apocalypse takes him down

The Word

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 03:10 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote