KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Character improvements?

Character improvements?
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

See, I took it as Kenobi just being THAT good honestly. Dude seemed like a god in that scene.

But I get where you're coming from

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
See, I took it as Kenobi just being THAT good honestly. Dude seemed like a god in that scene.

But I get where you're coming from

Would have worked better if not for the stupid Kanan beating Maul (Also in a few moves) scene.

Like when Anakin beat Dooku in ROTS. Had that extra effect after Dooku stomping Kenobi for the second time just moments earlier.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Yeah. I took that as Maul being overly cocky in that moment because he had Kanan dead to rights. Kind of like he did with Kenobi in TPM.

Last edited by Eli Vanto on Jan 13th, 2020 at 04:45 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah. I took that as Maul being overly cocky in that moment because he had Kanan dead to rights. Kind of like he did with Kenobi in TPM.

Yeah but that was much more clear that he was caught off guard, given he had already disarmed Kenobi.

But hey maybe the way you saw it was their intention. Wish I saw it that way myself.

Although doesnt help that Kanan doesnt seem afraid in the slightest of Maul in later episodes, and is instead threatening to cut him up erm

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, Maul also struggled to defeat Eldra Kaitis(a Jedi Padawan) in canon.

...Though considering that was the only fight we ever saw Eldra in, I suppose you could argue that she was just extraordinarily skilled/powerful for a Padawan. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah but he least he won. Struggling isnt an issue. Its when he outright loses in an embarrassing fashion that its an issue.

That said that comic gave him a great strength feat grappling with Rathtars, and also made clear hes a martial artist.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 09:06 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed... But it still bugs me that a single Padawan can give him fits. /shrug

Yeah, Rathtars are among the most dangerous creatures in the galaxy, and Maul wholesale slaughtered a pack of them without breaking a sweat... And he did so without a lightsaber, and without using the force offensively. Pretty impressive. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 13th, 2020 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yep. And there was that one point where its tentacles were around his arm so he was literally getting in a strength contest with it to survive. Amazing strength feat tbh.

I wonder if he retained that level of strength by TCW/Rebels

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 09:18 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Guess that padawan was around TPM Kenobi level

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Guess that padawan was around TPM Kenobi level

Loads of Padawan are tough. Especially the mature ones.

Look at Kanan beating the GI before he was Knighted. Or Luke beating Vader, or Ezra sparring equally with Kanan.

Theres no sudden power boost once youre Knighted.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 08:25 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Well Kanan and Luke are special cases. Kanan was far older than a Pasadena should be, and Luke is a prodigy. But I agree overall. Well that still makes me wonder how they got annihilated so easily in the Jedi temple if even a panda wan can be at that level

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:25 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Well Kanan and Luke are special cases. Kanan was far older than a Pasadena should be, and Luke is a prodigy. But I agree overall. Well that still makes me wonder how they got annihilated so easily in the Jedi temple if even a panda wan can be at that level

Jedi Temple was full of Knights and Masters as well so thats not the reason.

Although that one young padawan that Jet Lucas played took out a few on his own.

Have to remember A Padawan has already been trained for a few years as a youngling, then a mature Padawan has been trained for a few additional years one on one by their master. So they arent noobs by any means. In fact their combat training might have been completed for a while before they are Knighted. Because remember a Jedi Knight isnt primarily a warrior.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:09 AM
Psychotron

Oh come on. Vader definitely isn't the only character that wasn't ruined. Numerous characters have been given loads of respect in new canon.

Like who? And I'm not talking about power level wanking.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:13 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Character improvements?

Originally posted by Sheev
Are there any characters that you think have actually been improved by the current SW canon, and are actually better then they were in Legends?
Han Solo. He was never even close to interesting or likeable outside the OT. It was a correct decision to kill him.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Character improvements?

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Han Solo. He was never even close to interesting or likeable outside the OT. It was a correct decision to kill him.

Dunno wanted them to give him something new and cool, like twin blasters... Or jet boots.

Come on Disney you want to do fan service then go all the way!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:18 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If Rylo Ken had an epic fight with Han on that little bridge, with Han flying around him on his jet boots trying to shoot him with his twin blaster while yelling "I love you, son!" then Han being stabbed would have been a lot more coolerer and saderer.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

All I know is I would have screamed the second he started flying.

And like little Ani I would have said: “Now THIS is Fan Service”

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:10 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Maybe show us 3PO saying to Leia: "Yousa thinking, yousa Solo gonna die?!" Cuz I love references.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:12 AM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Psychotron
Like who? And I'm not talking about power level wanking.
You should read Master & Apprentice and Dooku: Jedi Lost.wink

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 07:55 PM