KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hancock vs. Homelander

Hancock vs. Homelander
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deft

Hancock vs. Homelander

Who wins?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 06:32 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not Homelander.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 06:46 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Hand Cock.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2020 10:07 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stan5677

Hancock stomps

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 01:46 PM
stan5677 is currently offline Click here to Send stan5677 a Private Message Find more posts by stan5677 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Homelander would break every bone in his body punching Will Smith by feats and scaling.

Wait until season 2 before making Homelander threads.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 01:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^MEOW

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 01:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Homelander would break every bone in his body punching Will Smith by feats and scaling.

Wise words from a wise man. thumb up

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 09:24 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Which feats/scaling put Homelander that far above Hancock?

Hancock has his train feat, casually deflecting an rpg, inside the bank feat/speed and his moon fly/paint feat.

Of that I have no doubt, I'm expecting S2 to explicitly show Homelander to be a Superman clone for all intents and purposes, except no k-nite weakness.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 09:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
Which feats/scaling put Homelander that far above Hancock?

Hancock has his train feat, casually deflecting an rpg, inside the bank feat/speed and his moon fly/paint feat.

Of that I have no doubt, I'm expecting S2 to explicitly show Homelander to be a Superman clone for all intents and purposes, except no k-nite weakness.
You might want to read that post again, lol.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 09:59 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NemeBro
You might want to read that post again, lol.

Oh shit, lol. Yeah, misread it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 10:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Lol yeah, Homelander can't even compare to CW Superman yet, let alone Will Smith.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 10:13 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Based on his own train feat, Hancock could casually replicate the very best feats we currently have from S1 of The Boys (A-Train train pull and Queen Maeve train punch). Probably while drunk too. IOW, this thread is WAY too soon.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 06:18 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol yeah, Homelander can't even compare to CW Superman yet, let alone Will Smith.

I was gonna say "what? CW Superman murderizes him" but then I realized I was thinking of Smallvilles Superman.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 12:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Based on his own train feat, Hancock could casually replicate the very best feats we currently have from S1 of The Boys (A-Train train pull and Queen Maeve train punch). Probably while drunk too. IOW, this thread is WAY too soon.

Correct, though Homelander *should* be able to take anything Hancock can dish out if we go by statements, but I'm not comfy with that though IMO by the time season 2 is over with Homelander will be able to compete with or even defeat Hancock. We're finally gonna get to see heroes and villains with powers throw down. Okay true Homelander isn't a true "hero", but we're gonna get to see some heavyweights battle.

The only super powered battle we really got was A-Train vs Starlight, but neither of them are heavyweights.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 12:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
I was gonna say "what? CW Superman murderizes him" but then I realized I was thinking of Smallvilles Superman.

Even though their budgets aren't great and the shows are inconsistent, CW Kryptonians (Supergirl in particular) do have some extreme high ends though, some of which that are above most comic book movie characters, to be honest (Fort Rozz space toss, surviving Overgirl exploding point blank, which was going to wipe out the entire Midwest, lifting the million ton key etc.). And even though he is generally poorly written, CW Superman and Supergirl are physically depicted as relative peers overall. I just wish they had them use their superspeed more competently more consistently.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 8th, 2020 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 05:56 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Tbf Supergirl's Superman would spank Homeboy quite easily.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 06:05 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Tbf Supergirl's Superman would spank Homeboy quite easily.

lol yeah, CW Superman has actually supported a skyscraper onscreen.

After Supergirl flew off to try and fix the foundation, he held it by himself.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ScalyPowe...cket-mobile.mp4

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 8th, 2020 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 06:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Even though their budgets aren't great and the shows are inconsistent, CW Kryptonians (Supergirl in particular) do have some extreme high ends though, some of which that are above most comic book movie characters, to be honest (Fort Rozz space toss, surviving Overgirl exploding point blank, which was going to wipe out the entire Midwest, lifting the million ton key etc.). And even though he is generally poorly written, CW Superman and Supergirl are physically depicted as relative peers overall. I just wish they had them use their superspeed more competently more consistently.

Yeah one of the things I liked about Smallville Clark was the fact he used his speed a lot and it wasn't just to get from point a to point b quickly or to catch a bullet. He used it in combat.

And of course by the end of the series he could move at nearly the speed of light and move planets.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 06:34 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah one of the things I liked about Smallville Clark was the fact he used his speed a lot and it wasn't just to get from point a to point b quickly or to catch a bullet. He used it in combat.

And of course by the end of the series he could move at nearly the speed of light and move planets.

Well, depending on which feats you want to use, while not pushing planets around, CW Superman is no joke in the strength department himself. Because the way this scene is framed makes it clear Superman does this regularly when he enters and exists. Though there have been plenty of arguments (on this site and others) as to whether this is an outlier or not, because it is definitely above the more consistent levels depicted on the show.

https://streamable.com/fblxn

Though I am of the opinion that you can only have so many outliers until they simply become a collection of high ends. But anyway, this thread isn't really the place for that debate.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2020 09:18 PM
riv6672

Fun reading since I last came in here, and nothing to change my mind. If anything, i’m even more convinced Hancock wins.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 10:18 AM