KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ricky Murdered Hollywood Last Night

Ricky Murdered Hollywood Last Night
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

WaPo had a "we totally don't care about this" article. Spoiler alert: they care.

Mary Sue had this gem:

Do Trump Fans Even Realize Their New Hero, Ricky Gervais, Hates Him?

Oh the butthurt is STRONG here. I don't think trump fans even contemplated this guys political leanings I just think they heard something they agreed with and cheered him on for saying that. It's the progressives that usually make sure someone is of the right political persuasion before deciding if they agree with them. And in the rare times they do agree with the other side there is the diss compliment. The diss compliment is when you're so psychotic you can't ever agree with someone on the other side of the aisle without also throwing shade.

Notice there isn't much of that with Ricky and conservatives? No "well I don't agree with his politics buuuuuuut"

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:45 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 10:40 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 10:59 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m impressed the usual “defend all things liberal crew” hasn’t come in here deflecting and shilling for Hollywood

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 11:11 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Just the usual Right-minded suspects taking an angry tweet here/there and blanketing the masses.

At first I was going to disagree.

But then I thought about it some more and I think you're right (lol, pun). The people buttmad over this are just a handful of crazy lefties.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 01:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Another question is, why would outlets like the Washington Post have a problem with anyone taking jabs at Disney?

Or hell at Hollywood? Democrats know full well Hollywood is evil. Since when has voting as a Democrat, been an "out" with other Democrats. So, if Walmart voted Democrat, they'd never criticize Walmart?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 01:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Makes a claim, wants other people to prove it.

Who's too lazy?

It's 2020: don't ask people to look up stuff you can find in less than 15 seconds.

The "citation needed" thing is a very old and outdated internet troll game. It started back in the day when webcrawlers didn't produce very reliable search results.

If someone makes an easily verifiable claim or disprovable claim, look it up. Don't ask them to look it up.

So I looked it up and I cannot find a single instance of Ricki Gervais roasting Louis CK for Louis CK's inappropriate behavior in that hotel room.

Silent Master: citation needed.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 01:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Putinbot1
it's not controversial Broly mate, it's British humour.

God bless the British.

I had no idea who Ricky Gervais was before reading this post. Now that I know, I'm more curious why he provoked comment from media outlets at all. It's literally their job to be informed, so they should know Ricky's style of roasting, and should have known what they were getting from him.

I can only imagine how ridiculous these reactions to his performance look to non American's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 02:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by dadudemon
It's 2020: don't ask people to look up stuff you can find in less than 15 seconds.

The "citation needed" thing is a very old and outdated internet troll game. It started back in the day when webcrawlers didn't produce very reliable search results.

If someone makes an easily verifiable claim or disprovable claim, look it up. Don't ask them to look it up.

So I looked it up and I cannot find a single instance of Ricki Gervais roasting Louis CK for Louis CK's inappropriate behavior in that hotel room.

No problem, I PM'd you the link and quote.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 02:49 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Seems the perpetually offended brigade aren't the only ones who don't seem to understand when Ricky says

quote:
they're just jokes

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 02:58 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 03:06 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silent Master
No problem, I PM'd you the link and quote.

Can confirm: clear source with description of the roasting. SM wasn't lying.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 03:09 PM
Raptor22

Seems the perpetually offended brigade aren't the only ones who don't seem to understand when Ricky says
there will always be people within basically any group that understand jokes are jokes and entertainment is entertainment until the negativity is directed at their group. Then it becomes "thats not funny, its not something to joke about".

I mean jokes are jokes i guess until neil gaiman gives god a womans voice, then its not funny, its petition time.

"Its signatories claimed that the show "mocks God's wisdom" by presenting "devils and Satanists as normal and even good." Among their complaints: The angel and demon are friends, the show features "satanic nuns" and God is voiced by a woman."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.us.../amp/1510453001

Or jokes are jokes until some Brazilians make jesus gay. Then its fire bomb their studio, and another petition signed by millions this time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...p/idUSKBN1YT0KM

"Molotov cocktails were thrown at the headquarters of Brazilian comedy group Porta dos Fundos in Rio de Janeiro on Christmas Eve, weeks after the group launched a film on Netflix depicting Jesus as gay."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 05:24 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Can confirm: clear source with description of the roasting. SM wasn't lying.

Amazing there's 2 people who won't post it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 05:28 PM
dadudemon

Amazing there's 2 people who won't post it.

It's a troll game you two are playing with each other. I won't participate.

I'm not googling it at work, either. That's not something you want to be seen googling at work.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 06:22 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

you two .

Yes. You two indeed.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 06:24 PM
dadudemon

Yes. You two indeed.

No you.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 07:09 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Raptor22
there will always be people within basically any group that understand jokes are jokes and entertainment is entertainment until the negativity is directed at their group. Then it becomes "thats not funny, its not something to joke about".

I mean jokes are jokes i guess until neil gaiman gives god a womans voice, then its not funny, its petition time.

"Its signatories claimed that the show "mocks God's wisdom" by presenting "devils and Satanists as normal and even good." Among their complaints: The angel and demon are friends, the show features "satanic nuns" and God is voiced by a woman."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.us.../amp/1510453001

Or jokes are jokes until some Brazilians make jesus gay. Then its fire bomb their studio, and another petition signed by millions this time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...p/idUSKBN1YT0KM

"Molotov cocktails were thrown at the headquarters of Brazilian comedy group Porta dos Fundos in Rio de Janeiro on Christmas Eve, weeks after the group launched a film on Netflix depicting Jesus as gay."

I agree with you, but you also need to admit there is indeed a double standard when it comes to religion.

Catholicism and Christianity gets shits on all the time, and the media do indeed stays silence, but Islam gets shits on, people in the west starts dying, and the media blames the victims of the attacks.

Either all religion can get shit on, or no religion gets shit on. Can’t have it both ways.

Ps, don’t any of you come here and say well Christianity have commit atrocities throughout the ages. Not the point I’m making.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 08:34 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
I agree with you, but you also need to admit there is indeed a double standard when it comes to religion.

Catholicism and Christianity gets shits on all the time, and the media do indeed stays silence, but Islam gets shits on, people in the west starts dying, and the media blames the victims of the attacks.

Either all religion can get shit on, or no religion gets shit on. Can’t have it both ways.

Ps, don’t any of you come here and say well Christianity have commit atrocities throughout the ages. Not the point I’m making.

I have always found it bizarre that in a Christian majority country it's more acceptable to bash Christianity than Islam lol.

I'd love someone to name me a muslim majority country where bashing Islam is more acceptable than other religions.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 09:41 PM
Raptor22

@squall

Is there a dbl standard? Probably. Tho as far as the media goes i dont really pay enough attention to their opinions or which way any outlets lean to speak intelligently on that particular subject.

Whether or not the dbl standard is deserved is another question.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 11:44 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Narrator: It's not deserved.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 11:45 PM