KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Yoda vs TRoS Palpatine

Yoda vs TRoS Palpatine
Started by: Eon Blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emmy Evangeline
Terpsichorean Triumphant

Neon moon is hands down the most devious and powerful villain. Some say Dr. Manhattan created him. Others say is vise versa. I choose thee latter

Last edited by Emmy Evangeline on Jan 9th, 2020 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 08:10 PM
Emmy Evangeline is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy Evangeline a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy Evangeline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
Yoda should of beat him. His offense was more encroaching than Sidious. Sidious kept playing distance. Then he just threw shit at him. Yoda needed on more strike to kill him but landed wrong in the Senate

Yeah, Sidious' "victory" in Revenge of the Sith wasn't a fair one --- he simply got lucky.

This is why I wonder why Yoda didn't try to face him again sometime, but instead chose to leave to Dagobah.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 08:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do believe Yoda would have won in an equal and level environment.

Against TRoS Palpatine, I wholeheartedly believe Yoda would be able to tap into the prior Jedi souls and gain an amp, just as Rey did. He was one of the strongest Force users in the verse.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 08:39 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Sidious' "victory" in Revenge of the Sith wasn't a fair one --- he simply got lucky.

This is why I wonder why Yoda didn't try to face him again sometime, but instead chose to leave to Dagobah.

Its hard to get close to him. It was a one time chance thing, and Palpatine had the advantage in that all he had to do was stalemate the fight and he wins. Or heck just survive.

Whereas Yoda needed a hard kill.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its hard to get close to him. It was a one time chance thing, and Palpatine had the advantage in that all he had to do was stalemate the fight and he wins. Or heck just survive.

Whereas Yoda needed a hard kill.

To be honest I don't think it would be that hard to get the drop on him again after a few months. It's not like Sidious' guards can do shit to Yoda. And Obi-Wan would have easily defeated Vader, who was still getting used to his armor. Overall the Jedi should have gathered somewhere and counter attacked.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 10:13 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

im of the belief that had Yoda and Sidious fought on even ground then the advantage would go to Sidious. If you recall, Sidious was outmatched in sabers only because he was in a cramped space that worked in the favour of the much smaller Yoda, once Sidious got back out into the open he took control again with the Force... the only way Palpatine loses is if he allows hubris to get the better of him as he did when he started nonsensically cackling, giving Yoda ample time to throw that senate pod back at him. The fight they had was chock full of coincidences and one offs based on the unique environment. Add in the skirmish they have in Clone Wars and its clear that Yoda MIGHT fight better but Sidious will fight dirty and that's where the advantage lies

Last edited by relentless1 on Jan 10th, 2020 at 03:11 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 03:09 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious looked straight up terrified of Yoda’s potential. It’s as if he’s never faced someone of his caliber at that point.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 03:20 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Sidious looked straight up terrified of Yoda’s potential. It’s as if he’s never faced someone of his caliber at that point.

This is actually true.

But TROS Palpatine is in a whole other league.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 08:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by relentless1
im of the belief that had Yoda and Sidious fought on even ground then the advantage would go to Sidious. If you recall, Sidious was outmatched in sabers only because he was in a cramped space that worked in the favour of the much smaller Yoda, once Sidious got back out into the open he took control again with the Force... the only way Palpatine loses is if he allows hubris to get the better of him as he did when he started nonsensically cackling, giving Yoda ample time to throw that senate pod back at him. The fight they had was chock full of coincidences and one offs based on the unique environment. Add in the skirmish they have in Clone Wars and its clear that Yoda MIGHT fight better but Sidious will fight dirty and that's where the advantage lies

I never got that impression. It's not like Sidious some invincible lightsaber duelist. Yes, he beat Maul and Savage, but he was disarmed by Mace Windu and by Yoda. In a forum battle he wouldn't be able to keep his distance from Yoda and Yoda wouldn't slip off the edge of a pod.

TRoS Sidious stomps though.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 08:21 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well Yoda, Palpatine (and presumably Mace) are pretty much invincible duelists to everyone else in Star Wars.

Palpatines taking out of those 3 council members and his handling of Maul and Opress shows us that.

In the Force hes pretty much invincible to everyone but Yoda, which again has been shown by his handling of Maul/Opress but also by his handling of Dooku over a Skype call.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 10:18 AM
Psychotron

Meh, peak Anakin would beat all three in a lightsaber duel.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 10:33 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Psychotron
Meh, peak Anakin would beat all three in a lightsaber duel.

Possibly. Its just difficult to place him. But anyone who can take out Dooku like that is definitely up there in the super elite.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 10:44 AM
Psychotron

True. Anyway, my point was that while Palpatine is good Yoda is the superior duelist and in a forum setting Palpatine wouldn't be able to keep Yoda at a distance by jumping around on pods and throwing shit at him. Yoda has a good chance of winning a rematch against ROTS Sidious, but not against TROS Sidious.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 11:41 AM
Darth Thor

True. Anyway, my point was that while Palpatine is good Yoda is the superior duelist and in a forum setting Palpatine wouldn't be able to keep Yoda at a distance by jumping around on pods and throwing shit at him. Yoda has a good chance of winning a rematch against ROTS Sidious, but not against TROS Sidious.

Yeah I agree. We didnt actually see Yoda disarm Palpatine, but thats clearly what happened, as one minute Palpatine has his Saber, the next time we go back to the fight he doesnt, and the script describes what happened in between, and Yoda did indeed disarm him. There was also a deleted scene in animatronics form that showed the same.

So it was just about location. Palpatine learned from his fight with Mace and didnt want to be caught in that position again. So his preference was actually to run from Yoda, but when that wasnt an option he got onto the podium and moved the fight into the senate chamber where it was difficult to pin him down the way Mace did.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 11:50 AM
Bentley
Seitei

So Yoda failed to disarm Dooku and casually disarmed Sheev. That does tell you something

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 12:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I wouldnt say he did it casually lol

And he fought Dooku for like 30seconds? Im sure if it went on any longer Dooku would also be disarmed. Which is why Dooku fled.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 12:19 PM
Psychotron

Palpatine learned from his fight with Mace and didnt want to be caught in that position again.

Too bad he forgot about it when he fought Rey lmao.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 12:23 PM
Darth Thor

Too bad he forgot about it when he fought Rey lmao.

Well.. you know... he was old and senile by that point Lmao

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 12:42 PM
Bentley
Seitei

^ I wouldnt say he did it casually lol

And he fought Dooku for like 30seconds? Im sure if it went on any longer Dooku would also be disarmed. Which is why Dooku fled.

We know for sure Yoda is a better duelist than Dooku since the only one that can really compare is Zonakin

I'm just stating the fact Dooku and Sheev both had to flee and one of them wasn't disarmed

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 01:03 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bentley

I'm just stating the fact Dooku and Sheev both had to flee and one of them wasn't disarmed

Yeah sure. Just also pointing out, that Palpatine fought Yoda for longer.

But hey no objections here, Im always up for some Dooku love.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 01:05 PM