KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Who is the most powerful Sith ever in cannon wise ?

Who is the most powerful Sith ever in cannon wise ?
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
but if he's really RotJ Palpatine-level,

Honestly not sure a single statement not backed by feats is enough to believe that tbh. Especially given the ridiculous way in which he was killed.

But yeah if he is that good with the Force, then he will be up there. But Vader and Dooku should still take him Imo. Vader for sure.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Feats are always the best measuring stick, sure.

That being said, I don't really see a reason to doubt Luke's word on the matter. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Feats are always the best measuring stick, sure.

That being said, I don't really see a reason to doubt Luke's word on the matter. /shrug

The only reason I can give is that yeah its supposed to be from Lukes perspective, but its still just a source book.

Like he doesnt know what happened to Vos. Why? Because we dont know yet.

That said if they repeat this Snoke = ROTJ Palps concept multiple times, then I will take it much more seriously.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It is a guidebook, but it's still it's an in-universe text that was intended to have been penned by Luke himself.

So per Luke, Snoke's power = RotJ Palpatine's... And given canon Luke's immense wealth of knowledge(not to mention that he has personally felt/sensed the power of both), I really can't think of a good reason why his word on the matter would be unreliable..?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I feel like if a sufficient enough gap in force power exists, lightsabers should be irrelevant.
Unless someone uses TWO lightsabers, in which case Palpy had better watch out.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It is a guidebook, but it's still it's an in-universe text that was intended to have been penned by Luke himself.

So per Luke, Snoke's power = RotJ Palpatine's... And given canon Luke's immense wealth of knowledge(not to mention that he has personally felt/sensed the power of both), I really can't think of a good reason why his word on the matter would be unreliable..?

Because a guide book can easily be contradicted in other sources. I mean heck they contradicted clear implications and even events from actual novels. So I dont think theyd hesitate twice about contradicting a guide book.

But yes Luke is a solid source. So if he says that again in a more solid source Like a comic book, then itd be pretty hard to dispute.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You're absolutely right. It *can* be contradicted later on by some other source.

But like I said: as of *now*, Luke's word is all we have to go by on the matter... and he is a very reputable source.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:22 AM
xPRIMEx

Sidious

But in canon Vader isn’t far behind. In fact there’s a few sources that place him at the top. According to the Jedi: Fallen Order databank Vader is the most powerful sith in the galaxy laughing out loud Also i’m pretty sure there is a canon guidebook that lists Vader as the best red lightsaber user.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:51 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

You're absolutely right. It *can* be contradicted later on by some other source.

But like I said: as of *now*, Luke's word is all we have to go by on the matter... and he is a very reputable source.

Fair enough. Ill just have to see if theres if theres someway I can reinterpret Lukes words. He never specifically mentioned TK or FL right? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 08:57 AM
Darth Thor

^ So reviewing the exact quote, it is possible Luke was comparing Snokes mastery of the dark side to Sith Lords in general and not specifically Palpatine.

Also from Lukes point of view Snoke being equally as impressive and terrifying in the dark side could be down to what hes accomplished with his dark side powers - built up the First Order and turned Kylo much in the way Palpatine turned Vader.

So there is room for different interpretations of that quote, Hence why I would need to see that statement repeated elsewhere before taking it as factual.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 11:46 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Especially given the ridiculous way in which he was killed.

To be fair now, RotJ Palps' death wasn't *much* better.

Sure, Sheev was focused on making Luke suffering and everything, but him getting betrayed and tossed out like garbage by a one-armed cyborg was still funny.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:56 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
To be fair now, RotJ Palps' death wasn't *much* better.

Sure, Sheev was focused on making Luke suffering and everything, but him getting betrayed and tossed out like garbage by a one-armed cyborg was still funny.

It was definitely much better.

Focusing on Luke and getting grabbed from behind is very different to fully focusing on reading Kylos mind whilst completely missing that Kylo is about to kill him. Thats why I find it very difficult to believe his powers are equal to OT Palpatines.

Plus Vader himself died killing Palpatine. IOW you somehow manage to take out Palps, even by surprise, youre still gonna pay a hefty price.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 01:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ So reviewing the exact quote, it is possible Luke was comparing Snokes mastery of the dark side to Sith Lords in general and not specifically Palpatine.

Also from Lukes point of view Snoke being equally as impressive and terrifying in the dark side could be down to what hes accomplished with his dark side powers - built up the First Order and turned Kylo much in the way Palpatine turned Vader.

So there is room for different interpretations of that quote, Hence why I would need to see that statement repeated elsewhere before taking it as factual.
The implications of the quote are clear, imo.

"Unlike Emperor Palpatine before him, Snoke was not a Sith Lord, but his mastery of the dark side was equally as impressive -- and terrifying."
https://i.imgur.com/apprMCC.jpg

Luke is clearly using Palpatine's raw dark side power as a measuring stick for Snoke's. If Luke were just comparing Snoke to some random/generic Sith Lord, he would not have explicitly mentioned Palpatine in the same breath.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 15th, 2020 at 02:36 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 02:26 PM
Darth Thor

^ It starts with “facing a far too familiar threat”

So Palpatine May be mentioned as Snoke is basically his successor “Unlike Palpatine BEFORE him”

But the end point saying that even though he isnt a Sith, his powers are pretty much the same.

Also would need confirmation Luke was referring to combat abilities with the dark side like TK or FL given the context.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 03:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No. This bit of dialogue is actually quite simplistic, and doesn't leave much room for ambiguity at all. You're just trying to twist it for some reason.

The 'dumbed down' version of the quote would be: "Snoke's mastery of the dark side was equal to Palpatine's, even though he wasn't an actual Sith Lord." Seems like you're just trying to nitpick a clear-cut statement, simply because you dislike Snoke.

Anywho, there's no need to try and insult my intelligence with these silly assertions you're coming up with... We both know what the line implies, even if you don't want to openly admit it.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 15th, 2020 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 07:40 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I agree.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No. This bit of dialogue is actually quite simplistic, and doesn't leave much room for ambiguity at all. You're just trying to twist it for some reason.

The 'dumbed down' version of the quote would be: "Snoke's mastery of the dark side was equal to Palpatine's, even though he wasn't an actual Sith Lord." Seems like you're just trying to nitpick a clear-cut statement, simply because you dislike Snoke.

Anywho, there's no need to try and insult my intelligence with these silly assertions you're coming up with... We both know what the line implies, even if you don't want to openly admit it.

Insult your intelligence? Whoa... Its not like Im the first and only one to point out that interpretation. So Quit taking it as some kind of attack.

As for me twisting it for some reason, its no mystery as Ive already explained im very critical of it given Snokes on screen presence. However if it turns out that lightning blast in the Kylo Ren comic was from Snoke, then that would change things.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 08:37 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Seems like you're just trying to nitpick a clear-cut statement, simply because you dislike Snoke.

thumb up

The statement is very clear on the matter. Even if Luke were only comparing Snoke to Sith Lords in general (which he isn’t,) Luke’s only frame of reference....would be Vader and Palpatine. So it”s nothing more than DT trying to worm his way out of Snoke = ROTJ Palpatine, (even though, ironically, the idea only serves to wank Palpatine all the more).

DT, I”ve watched you debate for years, but you really seem to wear your biases on your sleeve these days. Tried to destroy Quan so hard that you became him. sad

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 09:39 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Since Palpatine "made" Snoke, Luke could just felt Palpatine instead, no? This whole new trylogy is a total shit for me, I'm not interested in any kind of source, so I really don't know and just asking.

Anyway, if he indeed was "made" by Palpatine and was his puppet, I doubt that he should be listed very high. His TK was rahter impressive, but so was Kylo's in the first movie. Against non-Force users or pdawans like Rey he could stomp. Rey was talented, poweful, was a great user of TK as well... but being good in using it isn't the same as being good in defending against it. And Kylo's showing against clows of Ren was terrible at the end.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 10:33 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Snoke was his own entity with his own power. Sidious was just pulling his strings behind the scenes.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote