KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs. The Silver Surfer

Superman Vs. The Silver Surfer who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Superman 38 55.88%
The Silver Surfer 30 44.12%
Total: 68 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Superman Vs. The Silver Surfer
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Yep. Surfer is vastly more experienced with the PC than Doom.

It should be trivial to show SURFER doing it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 10:29 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
It was Doom getting used to Surfer's power, you would know that if you read the comic laughing

and It's CANON regardless of how old it is.

Moving the goal post I see. Or it's just more of your poor reading comprehension. I never said it being old made it non Canon, I was pointing out it's pathetic your argument implied I don't read comics because I didn't read a specific comic probably over 50 years old.

Or let me ask you directly. Why do you think I don't read comics? If you don't give a really good answer I'm reporting you.

And I don't give a **** if it was Doom learning Surfer's powers. I'm not impressed he did it to Thing when you're arguing it'll work on Superman as if it's a sure thing(no pun intended). Give me something better than that and I'll entertain this as a plausible tactic.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 11:50 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Have you got a scan of SURFER doing it?

No he doesn’t

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 11:52 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Where are Superman's power levels at now? Has he been nerfed back down yet?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 12:18 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Delta1938
Moving the goal post I see. Or it's just more of your poor reading comprehension. I never said it being old made it non Canon, I was pointing out it's pathetic your argument implied I don't read comics because I didn't read a specific comic probably over 50 years old.

Or let me ask you directly. Why do you think I don't read comics? If you don't give a really good answer I'm reporting you.

And I don't give a **** if it was Doom learning Surfer's powers. I'm not impressed he did it to Thing when you're arguing it'll work on Superman as if it's a sure thing(no pun intended). Give me something better than that and I'll entertain this as a plausible tactic.

LMAO YOU act as if I care about how you feel about the argument, it's a perfect option to finish Superman off seeing as Superman has shown zero resistance to that type of hax that Surfer can whip out. The point of a debate is to prove how the opponent loses, your feelings on it is completely irrelevant. If you can't show Superman resisting to an ability similar as to speed steal than Surfer wins. You got one time to show Supes resisting speed steal before I move on with my day, anything else is irrelevant. I don't do back n forth. far too irrelevant

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 12:29 AM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Where are Superman's power levels at now? Has he been nerfed back down yet?

He's still super-mega-uber powerful, yeah.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 12:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

LMAO YOU act as if I care about how you feel about the argument, it's a perfect option to finish Superman off seeing as Superman has shown zero resistance to that type of hax that Surfer can whip out. The point of a debate is to prove how the opponent loses, your feelings on it is completely irrelevant. If you can't show Superman resisting to an ability similar as to speed steal than Surfer wins. You got one time to show Supes resisting speed steal before I move on with my day, anything else is irrelevant. I don't do back n forth. far too irrelevant

So a wall of text to cover up you have nothing. Concessions accepted.

And I see you didn't answer why I allegedly don't read comics. Again, concessions accepted.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 01:19 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

laughing out loud laughing out loud It's always entertainment for me when people that don't read comics assume they don't know what your talking about. Surfer always had an ability similar to of speed steal for years.

http://i.imgur.com/uNV9AVV.jpg

Nice find. Even if it is Doom doing it, it's nice to see the Power Cosmic is capable of the feat.

Surfer's PC really is like a mini Cosmic Cube. With a little patience and some experience you can pretty much do anything with it.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 02:59 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zopzop
Nice find. Even if it is Doom doing it, it's nice to see the Power Cosmic is capable of the feat.

Surfer's PC really is like a mini Cosmic Cube. With a little patience and some experience you can pretty much do anything with it.

exactly. but these dudes find some ways to argue just to argue like bunch of upset females. IT was done by Surfer's OWN power cosmic, Common sense tells you Surfer can casually do it thats why i laugh at these dudes whenever they try to give their input, idk how carver gets upset. they're hilarious laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 03:05 AM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Delta1938
So a wall of text to cover up you have nothing. Concessions accepted.

And I see you didn't answer why I allegedly don't read comics. Again, concessions accepted.

LMAO You don't read comics though, that's been noted for awhile now. Soon as you said "AlBErTO R u mAKiNG tHiNGs Up AgAIn" about Surfer speed steal I called you out on your lack of knowledge and proved you wrong. then you wanna save face with the "BrO ItS A DeCaDe OLd So WhaT!!! hurr durr"

Don't ever doubt my knowledge, ive been reading before you were in diapers child

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 03:08 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Everyone:

1. Feats aren't transferable.
2. Stop being such utter *****. Please.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 03:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Superman is multiversal.

This isn't close.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 04:06 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

exactly. but these dudes find some ways to argue just to argue like bunch of upset females. IT was done by Surfer's OWN power cosmic, Common sense tells you Surfer can casually do it thats why i laugh at these dudes whenever they try to give their input, idk how carver gets upset. they're hilarious laughing out loud laughing out loud

The thing is, Surfer's shown how he likes to "freeze" people during battle and it's not via actual speed steal, he mostly does something like encase his opponent in solidified cosmic energy. Honestly, pretty much everything is possible with Surfer's powers and a solid case can certainly be made for a speed steal to be included via logic and common sense, but at the end of the day he doesn't think like Doom and strait up lacks both Doom's raw intelligence and cunning. Despite his centuries of experience with his power, he's still specifically coming up with new ways of using the Power Cosmic for the first time fairly frequently so it's not like he's got it all mastered and as of yet his go to "immobilization tactic" is the solid energy thing. That'll be an easier case for you to make from an "in character" perspective. Honestly I doubt it would net him the win against Supes in a forum fight because he tends to use it against people who aren't actually a threat to him(keeps them from hurting themselves trying to attack him I guess) so it doesn't have many impressive victims, but if he charges the whole thing with energy like he did against Galactus, it could probably give Supes some real trouble.

Anyway that's my two cents so feel free to listen or ignore at your discretion, I was simply trying to set you on a course where others would need to raise an argument beyond "Surfer won't do that". Even if Pr hadn't stepped in to say that feats can't be transferred, you're argument wasn't going to go anywhere because the guy in the scan is Dr. Doom and most people figure that Doom's one of those guys who can probably use someone else's powers more efficiently than they can themselves. Hell I posted that scan in Surfer's respect thread myself a long time ago, but I never bothered trying to push it with any seriousness because I knew it wouldn't fly in debates here on KMC.

Last edited by darthgoober on Jan 18th, 2020 at 08:12 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 08:09 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surfer has gone ahead in the poll. Poor Abhi, poor Supra, poor Phil, poor me...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 08:41 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote:
Honestly, pretty much everything is possible with Surfer's powers

Silver Goober is not allowed on 2020 KMC.

quote:
KMC Vs. Forum Rules

No Silver Goober.
This should be common sense. Don't use Silver Goober or any of his feats, it won't be tolerated.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 08:43 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by darthgoober
The thing is, Surfer's shown how he likes to "freeze" people during battle and it's not via actual speed steal, he mostly does something like encase his opponent in solidified cosmic energy. Honestly, pretty much everything is possible with Surfer's powers and a solid case can certainly be made for a speed steal to be included via logic and common sense, but at the end of the day he doesn't think like Doom and strait up lacks both Doom's raw intelligence and cunning. Despite his centuries of experience with his power, he's still specifically coming up with new ways of using the Power Cosmic for the first time fairly frequently so it's not like he's got it all mastered and as of yet his go to "immobilization tactic" is the solid energy thing. That'll be an easier case for you to make from an "in character" perspective. Honestly I doubt it would net him the win against Supes in a forum fight because he tends to use it against people who aren't actually a threat to him(keeps them from hurting themselves trying to attack him I guess) so it doesn't have many impressive victims, but if he charges the whole thing with energy like he did against Galactus, it could probably give Supes some real trouble.

Anyway that's my two cents so feel free to listen or ignore at your discretion, I was simply trying to set you on a course where others would need to raise an argument beyond "Surfer won't do that". Even if Pr hadn't stepped in to say that feats can't be transferred, you're argument wasn't going to go anywhere because the guy in the scan is Dr. Doom and most people figure that Doom's one of those guys who can probably use someone else's powers more efficiently than they can themselves. Hell I posted that scan in Surfer's respect thread myself a long time ago, but I never bothered trying to push it with any seriousness because I knew it wouldn't fly in debates here on KMC.

Good post

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 08:49 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Silver Goober is not allowed on 2020 KMC.

Silver Goober laughing out loud brilliant!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 08:53 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman oneshots Surfer at this point.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 10:11 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman is losing the poll Abhi, quick to the phone booth.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 12:54 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by abhilegend

At standard power levels, fighting in character, Superman is too much for Surfer. Comic Surfer has problems with Thor. Superman hits AT LEAST as hard and his combat speed and maneuverability are LEAGUES above Thor. Surfer would be blitzed into a coma. Superman would win the vast majority of the comic fights.

FORUM Surfer using weakness exploit is a different story.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 01:06 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote