KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Useless Characters In Films

Useless Characters In Films
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

Useless Characters In Films

As the title suggest, what character or characters you felt brought nothing to the table in movie the story forward? As in, if you were to remove the said character/characters, nothing would have change.

Here’s my biggest ones. War Machine in the MCU, he brought nothing to the table but to be the token black guy, and being Black Iron Man. Remove him from the MCU, the story is till the same. Worse yet, I even think there’s even a comic where he is the lead.

Lois Lane from all the Superman films.. Remove her and the films stays the same. She’s just shoe in to be the useless damsel in distress, and that’s one of my greatest reasons for hating the useless cow.

So what other characters you think are useless?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:28 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

War Machine always plays that part.

You can't expect Rhodes to steal spotlight from Tony. It just doesn't work. At his best, he can replace Tony for some time.

Same with Wolverine and X-23, Steve and Bucky, Hulk and Cho, The Thing and She-Thing or Miss Thing, Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, Dr. Strange and Dr. Voodoo and so on.

So I don't understand your complaint.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

My point is each characters serves a purpose, even if they are side characters. Look at Falcon and Bucky to Steve. Or Laura to Logan, even Xavier while he had no powers still served a purpose in that film. Then we had Rhodes.

He was there just for the sake of being there, he brought nothing to the table, if he were to be removed, the story would have still flow the way it did. Rhodes can never replace Tony, that is true, but he’s suppose to bring something to the table.

Worse yet, Pepper was more useful in 3 and Endgame then Rhodes.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:41 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He plays a part alright - he's Tony's best friend, his moral compass at times.

Both Terrence Howard and Don Cheadle did poorly, imo... and the character wasn't given enough time to shine, we can agree on that... but he was never meant to be "one of the greats".

Perhaps there was a way to utilize the character better, but it was never one of MCU's priorities. Tony was - and we should be glad RDJ delivered, even though IM 2 and IM 3 were huge disappointments.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 11:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Indiana Jones in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 12:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Rose in TRoS.

Though that was a good thing, loved her uselessness. Better than wasting our time with a pointless arc back in TLJ.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 12:05 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Name a character more useless than this! hahaha

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 02:44 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

He’s more useful than you will ever be though

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 02:59 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
He’s more useful than you will ever be though

Reported for derailing.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 03:32 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rose in TRoS.

Though that was a good thing, loved her uselessness. Better than wasting our time with a pointless arc back in TLJ.

I was glad rose didn't have much to do in TROS...

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Name a character more useless than this! hahaha

(please log in to view the image)

the porgs won't hurt you lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 03:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Reported for derailing.

How is that character not more useful then you. He’s worth millions in ad revenue and toys.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 03:46 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Snoke

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 03:54 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

the dude from hunger game. j law love interest

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 06:36 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by dynamix
the dude from hunger game. j law love interest

Actually, it’s because of him that district 12 survives that long. It’s because of his ability to charm people, that they received the sponsors.

The thing the book in my opinions falls flat on, was only seeing everything from Katniss point of view.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 10:16 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Willie Scott from Temple of Doom.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 10:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Kazenji
Willie Scott from Temple of Doom.

I completely forgot about her.

Elsa was the shit though.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 11:36 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Every character in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

Every. Single. One of them.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 11:54 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by SquallX
I completely forgot about her.

Elsa was the shit though.

She was very bangable

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 12:34 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
How is that character not more useful then you. He’s worth millions in ad revenue and toys.

KMC members are not movie characters, troll!

Stick to subject or risk getting banned, again! lol

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 12:39 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Snoke

Lmao!! I can't argue my character over Snoke! At least porgs served as food laughing

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 12:40 PM