KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Despero Vs Apocalypse

Despero Vs Apocalypse
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Yeah I mean, we could spam Batman's high end psi resistance feats Hal's, Aquaman, J'onn etc....and he took them all over and was controlling them simultaneously.

And yes, Cable hid Susan from Apocalypse. As a kid he was also able to block Apocalypse.

Lobo? He's meant to have the rock station playing 24/7, which is what gives him immunity. Hence what I mean by apples and oranges.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 10:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Despero can penetrate most defenses because of his third eye. The stronger the will, the easier it is to break down their will, iirc.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 10:41 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'd say Post Crisis Despero's telepathic feats are better than Pre.

- absorbing psychic energy to power his own.
- feeding off emotions.
- creating life like illusions to fool the entire Justice league.
- mind controlling people across the universe.
- mind controlling Cyborg while on Rann.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/desp...thread-1858248/

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 11:01 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah I mean, we could spam Batman's high end psi resistance feats Hal's, Aquaman, J'onn etc....and he took them all over and was controlling them simultaneously.

And yes, Cable hid Susan from Apocalypse. As a kid he was also able to block Apocalypse.

Lobo? He's meant to have the rock station playing 24/7, which is what gives him immunity. Hence what I mean by apples and oranges.

True, but tech to prevent mind domination is still tech to prevent mind domination. Doesn't really much matter what it's called. This still becomes a subject that no one knows for certain. H2H seems to be the next logical step.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 08:29 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Who has Apoc prevented from getting into his head?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 09:10 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Jean Grey.

Then you have Sinister and Cable not even bothering to assault him telepathically... Essex fleeing from his master, Cable going hand-to-hand with him and using his psimitar.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 09:25 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Jean Grey.

Then you have Sinister and Cable not even bothering to assault him telepathically... Essex fleeing from his master, Cable going hand-to-hand with him and using his psimitar.

Jean’s a woman, obviously she doesn’t count.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 10:48 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I've never seen Despero's penis on panel.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 10:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Originally posted by Stoic
I bet Mr Pickles would beat the both of them.

I can’t believe I found another person who has seen Mr. Pickles. I legitimately love that show.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 02:28 AM
Barron-Ghidorah is currently offline Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

True, but tech to prevent mind domination is still tech to prevent mind domination. Doesn't really much matter what it's called. This still becomes a subject that no one knows for certain. H2H seems to be the next logical step.

But Apoc doesn't have this. He's been affected by TP (see my reply to you on the previous page).

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 06:18 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

With Jean Grey.

Although, he couldn't access the astral plane himself, and needed Cable to help him as he didn't have the power to do so.

Explain the Jean Grey encounter to me please.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 05:02 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

When Apoc fought Jean wasn't she without the PF?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 05:35 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Explain the Jean Grey encounter to me please.

Here's the scan:

(please log in to view the image)

Here is a separate incident, where Apocalypse doesn't have the power to get onto the astral plane without Cable's help:

(please log in to view the image)

Before people lose the point I am trying to make, the point is that Apocalypse can be affected by TP.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 06:54 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Do you have any recollection of Apoc being mind raped? That scan doesn't seem to be enough evidence. Apoc isn't actively resisting.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 07:43 PM
DarkSaint85

Do you have any recollection of Apoc being mind raped? That scan doesn't seem to be enough evidence. Apoc isn't actively resisting.

Hey now. You're moving the goal posts:

What instance are you referring to concerning Apoc being affected by TP?

I was saying that Apoc has been affected by TP. Because your original post was:

If not for the Celestial technology there'd be no reason to disagree. However, it is known that he possesses it, and as such I don't think that we'd come to a true conclusion if we simply ignored it. TP doesn't work on Lobo because he too has tech that denies mind domination.

So..my point is that Apoc HAS been affected by psi attacks, doesn't have the power to access the astral plane, and this is all despite his Celestial tech.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 07:51 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Hey now. You're moving the goal posts:

I was saying that Apoc has been affected by TP. Because your original post was:

So..my point is that Apoc HAS been affected by psi attacks, doesn't have the power to access the astral plane, and this is all despite his Celestial tech.

Sorry I was rushed earlier. I only had time to glance at the 1st scan. The art is so bad that I barely made out that mess being Apoc in pain. You're absolutely correct. Despero should absolutely be able to peel his head open like a soft melon. Unless he's able to bounce it back like he did in that scan.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 28th, 2020 at 07:30 AM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 07:28 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

To be fair, that was Apoc from the past --- from the Victorian era of UK, to be precise.

If a psionic attack had been a viable option, then he wouldn't have trashed people like Exodus.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 11:24 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

His TP defense is certainly implied to be high [Sinister, Exodus, Jean, Cable -- facing X-Men in general], but it depends how far we're willing to go with it without actual, direct feats.

I mean, we can give Prime crazy TP defenses, considering who he faced, too [not quite the same, but you get the point]

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 11:27 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
To be fair, that was Apoc from the past --- from the Victorian era of UK, to be precise.

If a psionic attack had been a viable option, then he wouldn't have trashed people like Exodus.

Yeah fine, we can have IMPLIED feats if we want. But that's a slippery slope, as Phildo points out.

Explicitly not having the power to access the Astral Plane is more telling, I feel. Especially since both my scans are actually from Apocs respect thread.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 02:07 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You should beg Phil for forgiveness and commit seppuku, as you used the awful one from reddit.

Emma couldn't even handle a mere horseman, btw.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 03:52 PM