KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Lor San Tekka??

Lor San Tekka??
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Lor San Tekka??

One of the guidebooks I read said that he possesses a bunch of esoteric knowledge related to the Jedi.

How extensive was his knowledge base? Was he akin to Jocasta Nu in terms of the knowledge he held?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2020 08:56 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

He's exactly the same as Jocasta Nu.

Which is to say, a complete non-character in the films, who will need about ten years of expanded universe content written about him before we understand his capabilities.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2020 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Lor is supposed to know pretty much everything there is to know about the Jedi and Sith. So ya , Jocasta is a good comparison I'd say.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2020 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I wouldn't put Lor's knowledge on par with Jocasta's, tbh.

Granted, his knowledge of the Force was certainly extensive...
-"In his travels, Lor San Tekka uncovered much of the history of the Jedi Knights that the Galactic Empire had tried so hard to erase."
-"Lor San Tekka uncovered many fragments of the ancient Jedi traditions that the Old Empire had worked so hard to destroy."
-"There's not a sacred site or Jedi ruin that Lor hasn't seen."

Additionally, Lor helped Luke track down ancient Jedi temples/artifacts after the fall of the Empire, and his knowledge of Jedi history also helped Luke reestablish the Order... Suffice to say, Lor knew a lot about the Jedi.

Jocasta, however, knew everything there was to know about both the Jedi/light side AND Sith/dark side(and that's according to Palpatine himself, who doesn't typically go around hyper-wanking Jedi.) Logically speaking, the only character in canon who would have known just as much as(and very likely more than) Jocasta, was Luke.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Interesting thx. So it sounds like Lor really just studied the Jedi order, where Jocastu Nu studied the Sith as well as the Jedi.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

While we're on the subject- how do you guys think Minister Hydan compares to Jocasta Nu and Lor San Tekka in terms of their respective knowledge bases?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
Interesting thx. So it sounds like Lor really just studied the Jedi order, where Jocastu Nu studied the Sith as well as the Jedi.
Lor studied both aspects of the force:
https://i.imgur.com/asp2Fxy.jpg

But he undoubtedly placed most of his emphasis on the Jedi/light side.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
While we're on the subject- how do you guys think Minister Hydan compares to Jocasta Nu and Lor San Tekka in terms of their respective knowledge bases?
Hydan was an advisor to Palpatine himself, and also possessed an abundance of knowledge pertaining to the Force. When Palpatine discovered a possible gateway to TWBW, he specifically sent Hydan to research/examine it... Which is telling.

I'd say he and Lor are comparable in terms of the cumulative knowledge they held, though I might be inclined to put Hydan a bit higher on the totem pole(but that's just my opinion.)

Either way, I'd love to see a discussion between them. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 02:50 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Are those Super Battledroids in the background of the page you posted? If so why are they red and gold?? Different models we've never seen before??

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 05:37 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They're standard droids left over from the Trade Federation.

They were just decorated/embellished by the Neimoidians to give them a more 'regal' appearance or w/e(the facility they were at was meant to be extremely high-end.)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 10:56 PM