KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Youtube Atrocities

Youtube Atrocities
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Youtube Atrocities

Youtube has the awful habit of spamming recommendations and keep forcing it on people. it gets really annoying as the website would not stop.

Examples of trash spam in the recommendations.

1. Saturday Night Live

2. Mr. Bean

3. America's Got Talent

Whats the worst recommendations you delt with on Youtube.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 06:01 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I don't see those recommendations.

Ever.

But then again, I've been using YouTube since ebaumsworld was the biggest content provider of videos on the web. So the "algorithms" must be trained not to give me the default pop-culture content.

If you see content you don't like, click the three dots (or tap the 3 dots), and tell YouTube you're not interested. Train the algorithm to serve you. Else, YouTube will just keep serving up videos you don't like because those are the pop-culture defaults. And paid content that companies pay to sort to the top.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 06:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

When it comes to SNL clips...is it at least providing clips of when it used to be funny or is it current SNL? If it's the latter that is shameful indeed.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 07:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The only thing I watch on YouTube is toy unboxing videos for small children and those are the only videos YouTube ever recommends me, so I'm not seeing any problem with the algorithm.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 08:18 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Re: Youtube Atrocities

quote: (post)
Originally posted by robotflug
Youtube has the awful habit of spamming recommendations and keep forcing it on people. it gets really annoying as the website would not stop.

Examples of trash spam in the recommendations.

1. Saturday Night Live

2. Mr. Bean

3. America's Got Talent

Whats the worst recommendations you delt with on Youtube.

How dare you sir! Mr. Bean is a damn icon!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 08:46 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
When it comes to SNL clips...is it at least providing clips of when it used to be funny or is it current SNL? If it's the latter that is shameful indeed.

All of it is the currect SNL in the recommendations.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 11:09 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The only thing I watch on YouTube is toy unboxing videos for small children and those are the only videos YouTube ever recommends me, so I'm not seeing any problem with the algorithm.

I too watch completely innocent stuff like lolcats, toy reviews, and Dead or Alive characters with their T&A shaking. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 12:22 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

My experience is almost the same. Except I get recommended videos of you watching YouTube videos.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2020 01:29 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Youtube sure likes to have a poor taste in recommendations.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 05:21 PM