KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos w regulator vs Elaine Belloc

Thanos w regulator vs Elaine Belloc
Started by: MrMind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Where and when was he unbalanced? Give examples if you can. Also, who could challenge him when not even TOAA was able to do anything against him.

I'm talking about TOAA not Thanos. But Thanos wasn't omnipotent either as seen by pip, eros and AW.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 05:52 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by SquallX
It was made clear when Lucifer created his own verse, it rivals the current Vertigo verse in scope.

It was also made clear when Michael returned to the Silver City, that he was holding everything together by literally becoming one with everything.

Elaine has showned no weakness as far as I’m concerned, when TOAA who is suppose to be Omnipotent was taken over by Thanos.

She’s suppose to be the new presence
If so, he has shown to be limited in power as well. Not only is GEB his equal (or other half) but he did admit that he was molded by others

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 05:55 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xJLxKing
If so, he has shown to be limited in power as well. Not only is GEB his equal (or other half) but he did admit that he was molded by others

geb merged with presence in Swamp Thing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 06:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Rectonned.

It was later stated that a peak Spectre(who only represents a fraction of the Presnece's power) > GEB.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 06:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Rectonned.

It was later stated that a peak Spectre(who only represents a fraction of the Presnece's power) > GEB.

The JSA story.

That smelled like an unnecessary jab at Alan Moore, as if the writer didn't want his Ragnarok arc overshadowed. Didn't make sense, since it contradicts the story of Presence himself being threatened.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 06:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I'm talking about TOAA not Thanos. But Thanos wasn't omnipotent either as seen by pip, eros and AW.

Okay, so Thanos was composed of every single entity, and every single molecule in the Marvel Omniverse except for Eros, Pip, and Adam Warlock. Do you feel as if those 3 critically reduced his power level? Just think about it for a second. The only reason that he couldn't detect Pip was because he was in close proximity to Eros who became an anomaly like Adam Warlock has always been. Thanos as far as I understood superceded TOAA and is pretty much the new TOAA.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 25th, 2020 at 07:52 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 07:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

You do know molded by others meant the writers right?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 07:48 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Okay, so Thanos was composed of every single entity, and every single molecule in the Marvel Omniverse except for Eros, Pip, and Adam Warlock. Do you feel as if those 3critically reduced his power level? Just think about it for a second. The only reason that the couldn't detect Pip was because he was in close proximity to Eros who became an anomaly like Adam Warlock has always been. Thanos as far as I understood superceded TOAA and is pretty much the new TOAA.

You cannot be a true omnipotent being without absolute omniscient. The fact that Thanos was unable to locate those is proof that he is not a true Omnipotent.

Nothing say that it won’t change down the line-ie via retcon-but as of now, Thanos lacks true Omnipotence.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 07:53 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

You cannot be a true omnipotent being without absolute omniscient. The fact that Thanos was unable to locate those is proof that he is not a true Omnipotent.

Nothing say that it won’t change down the line-ie via retcon-but as of now, Thanos lacks true Omnipotence.

i'll ask you the very same question. Do you feel as if those 3 critically reduced his power level? Think before you answer please.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 07:56 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbf, this happens in most cases where character acquires 'godlike' power... It typically takes them a while to become accustomed to the full breadth of their omnipotence/omniscience.

Elaine is no different. She is effectively 'God', but she still isn't fully omniscient.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 08:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Okay, so Thanos was composed of every single entity, and every single molecule in the Marvel Omniverse except for Eros, Pip, and Adam Warlock. Do you feel as if those 3 critically reduced his power level? Just think about it for a second. The only reason that he couldn't detect Pip was because he was in close proximity to Eros who became an anomaly like Adam Warlock has always been. Thanos as far as I understood superceded TOAA and is pretty much the new TOAA.

TOAA is not omnipotent because he couldn't stop Thanos.
Thanos wasn't omnipotent because he couldn't stop AW, Pip and Eros.
TOAA explicitly explained to LT that he wasn't omnipotent as he was only so in a balanced system.
Thanos couldn't locate Pip and AW so he wasn't omniscient.
TOAA wasn't multiversal because he couldn't overcome the regulators power which was stated to only be universal.
Omnipotence means the ability to do anything and TOAA/Thanos tried and failed to do multiple things.
That also means that there are well defined limits to their power.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 08:42 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

You do know molded by others meant the writers right?
we don’t know that. I could tell you it’s the Original Monitor or Perpetua..etc

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 09:05 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Rectonned.

You have issue number?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 09:07 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 09:30 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://i.imgur.com/aNzEnas.jpg
Spectre v2 #1

Forgot about that.

I was talking more about the direct reference in the final JSA story when they went to Ragnarok, and Spectre claims a mere fraction of his power was facing the GEB at the same time as that story.

Neither retcon makes sense, because Moore built up the GEB as the equal of the Presence, and doom for everything. The greatest mages at the time confirmed this was a crisis unlike any other. Spectre was crying and helpless fgs, why wouldn't he simply recall some of this vast reserve of power?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 09:46 PM
SquallX

i'll ask you the very same question. Do you feel as if those 3 critically reduced his power level? Think before you answer please.

In a way, yes. It doesn’t mean in the next issues that Thanos won’t gain true Omniscient.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 10:29 PM
SquallX

we don’t know that. I could tell you it’s the Original Monitor or Perpetua..etc

Of course it was. That’s why we don’t literally take it at face value when it said cats dreamed the presence to being.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 10:31 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
TOAA is not omnipotent because he couldn't stop Thanos.
Thanos wasn't omnipotent because he couldn't stop AW, Pip and Eros.
TOAA explicitly explained to LT that he wasn't omnipotent as he was only so in a balanced system.
Thanos couldn't locate Pip and AW so he wasn't omniscient.
TOAA wasn't multiversal because he couldn't overcome the regulators power which was stated to only be universal.
Omnipotence means the ability to do anything and TOAA/Thanos tried and failed to do multiple things.
That also means that there are well defined limits to their power.

TOAA was omnipotent. Plot opened a hole for Thanos to usurp that very same omnipotence that made up TOAA. Thanos is currently TOAA and I suspect that his ascension will be a permanent one.

Eros, and Adam Warlock are anomalies and Pip is as well, albeit to a lesser degree. Without Eros being in close proximity to Pip, Thanos would've easily located the Troll. Warlock has always been an anomaly, so it's no wonder that Thanos has trouble seeing Adam Warlock. I'm not 100 on why Eros becomes omniversally anomalous, but he is.

What are these multiples of things that he could not accomplish, because at this point it seems like you're caught up with a Trio that Hercules may be able to defeat. What about all of the other things in the omniverse that make up for all that he is? Real talk, you seem overcritical here.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 12:10 AM
Diesldude

TOAA was omnipotent. Plot opened a hole for Thanos to usurp that very same omnipotence that made up TOAA. Thanos is currently TOAA and I suspect that his ascension will be a permanent one.

Eros, and Adam Warlock are anomalies and Pip is as well, albeit to a lesser degree. Without Eros being in close proximity to Pip, Thanos would've easily located the Troll. Warlock has always been an anomaly, so it's no wonder that Thanos has trouble seeing Adam Warlock. I'm not 100 on why Eros becomes omniversally anomalous, but he is.

What are these multiples of things that he could not accomplish, because at this point it seems like you're caught up with a Trio that Hercules may be able to defeat. What about all of the other things in the omniverse that make up for all that he is? Real talk, you seem overcritical here.
Sin isn’t Saying that thanos can’t defeat these three, they are lesser than ants are to us. She’s basically saying that TOAA isn’t infallible and thanos by absorbing TOAA didn’t become infallible. Omnipotentet, omnipresent or other Omni stuff.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 12:38 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Diesldude
Sin isn’t Saying that thanos can’t defeat these three, they are lesser than ants are to us. She’s basically saying that TOAA isn’t infallible and thanos by absorbing TOAA didn’t become infallible. Omnipotentet, omnipresent or other Omni stuff.

Based on those 3. Not a good enough reason imo. Read the book, and tell me what it says. Once you do that, look up what TOAA is. Thanos snuck in the back door and usurped that power. If I missed something aside from the three of these guys that would likely lose to a mid to high herald, it really changes little as far as the scope of TOAA's powers. Adam Warlock as I mentioned has always been out of sync with reality. His anomalous nature was argued by Eternity when he was stripped of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Like I said, read up on what TOAA was/is.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 05:16 AM