KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beyond the Magic immunity is SBP above Supes?

Beyond the Magic immunity is SBP above Supes?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Beyond the Magic immunity is SBP above Supes?

I wonder if SBP is really above Supes sometimes.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 08:38 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Paradoxically, Krypto and Superboy did better against SBP than Superman did. Maybe it's that holding back mindset thing.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 09:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Paradoxically, Krypto and Superboy did better against SBP than Superman did. Maybe it's that holding back mindset thing.
I think it could be because eventually Kal L and Kal El did manhandle him.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 09:30 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well, tbf against Krypto he was sun depleted and Conner is trans.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 09:58 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Every stat that Superman has, Superboy beats it.

The gap lately is getting smaller but we will see after SBPs return

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 11:30 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I wonder if SBP is really above Supes sometimes.

imo Prime is what Superman would be if he hadn't grown up constantly having to hold himself back from completely wrecking the world around them.

I don't think there's much difference in their power ceiling, but Prime just tends to reach it far more easily than Superman does.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 11:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I feel like Superman, when completely unleashed/bloodlusted(ala OWAW), could match...and probably even exceed...Prime.

However, Superman reaching a fully 'no holds barred' mental state like that is an extreeeeemely rare occurrence. He's done it, what? Two or three times in his entire 80+ year character history?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 11:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I mean, yeah. But that would mean Superman needs to go all out to match a Prime who performs his feats casually with a smile on his face...

There's been multiple instances of Superman failing to stop Prime even with all the heroes in the world assisting him.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 11:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Because Prime is always in that 'unleashed' mindset. He wants to rip apart everthing in his path -- killing is fun for him.

Superman, however, virtually always hold back against everyone he faces... Even when he shouldn't.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 12:06 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I mean, yeah. But that would mean Superman needs to go all out to match a Prime who performs his feats casually with a smile on his face...

There's been multiple instances of Superman failing to stop Prime even with all the heroes in the world assisting him.

thumb up

What Prime casually does is indeed a rare occurrence for Big Blue.

I had not thought of that way.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 12:39 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I don't see Prime doing Supes' best feats. Which are far better than anything he has done.

Prime isn't cosmologically important enough to be able to. he doesn't have Supes' written in stone metatextual necessity.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 01:19 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by Damborgson
thumb up

What Prime casually does is indeed a rare occurrence for Big Blue.

I had not thought of that way.
you guys are thinking about it wrong though.

if superman went into a fight fully unhinged and unleashed like prime always is, he'd be wrecking house just as casually. take the owaw example galan mentioned- superman wasnt restraining himself there and was oneshotting imperiex probes with no effort at all.

all clark has to do is let go and bam, he's at that level.

Last edited by DeadpoolXXX on Jan 27th, 2020 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 02:40 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by CosmicComet
I don't see Prime doing Supes' best feats. Which are far better than anything he has done.

Prime isn't cosmologically important enough to be able to. he doesn't have Supes' written in stone metatextual necessity.

Prime’s moving of the Universe before the Guardians could realize what’s happening is up there with most of Clark’s best feats.

Prime falls short as you say, because he doesn’t carry the metatexual context Clark carries. Give Prime that context, he would surpass Clark.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 02:46 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Well, the 'holding back' part has nothing to do with how casual you are, or not.

Superman casually tore through an army of Imperiex Probes once he changed his mindset, but beforehand he seriously struggled with one while ridiculously angry: https://imgur.com/a/g9Nic [at this point you'd have thought this is his ceiling given his emotional state, but he went several tiers above this afterwards]

It's about breaking the subconscious barriers that is keeping his power in check, not his level of chill.

Prime is a guy who just simply Superman who has never put subconscious and conscious barriers over his power throughout his entire life, because he didn't need to, so he's just punching through people and crying/laughing about it randomly.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jan 27th, 2020 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 05:11 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think we all agree that Supes can match even GASBP

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 07:58 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
you guys are thinking about it wrong though.

if superman went into a fight fully unhinged and unleashed like prime always is, he'd be wrecking house just as casually. take the owaw example galan mentioned- superman wasnt restraining himself there and was oneshotting imperiex probes with no effort at all.

all clark has to do is let go and bam, he's at that level.

You don’t actually think Prime attacks everyone all the time with 100% of his power do you ?

He’s a sadist, he enjoys fighting and killing (as long as he’s winning).

And the very fact that Primes casual looks like Superman’s non holding back is the issue.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 12:56 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Still got beat by Tim and Damian thumb up

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 01:09 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

@damborgson

i still think youre looking at it wrong. when superman stops holding back and unleashes, hes doing things "casually" as well. again- he was busting through imperiex probes like they were made of cardboard during owaw. no apparent effort whatsoever.

it all has to do with mindset. prime is always IN that mindset but superman rarely is. WHEN superman lets go and enters that mindset he can do things just as easily as prime. thats my point

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 01:39 AM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Damborgson
You don’t actually think Prime attacks everyone all the time with 100% of his power do you ?

He’s a sadist, he enjoys fighting and killing (as long as he’s winning).

And the very fact that Primes casual looks like Superman’s non holding back is the issue.

This

His fight with Sodam, the entire JSA/JLA, tanking hits from GA..etc it’s something else

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 03:33 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

But how can you do something casually, while also going all out ? Because Prime also fluctuates with the strength he uses, without a doubt. Superman unhinged also goes up a tier no doubt, but that’s him using an effort that Prime does not have to use, usually because Prime doesn’t actually run into people he has to use effort on.

He’s got Superboy and Flash phobia, and that basically takes care of every low showing he’s ever had.

My understanding of Prime is that as a pre crisis Kryptonian, he’s SUPPOSED to be different, on a different strength level.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 03:34 AM