KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Coronavirus

Coronavirus
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (504): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You never got the reference the first time. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Got the reference pretty well.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 11:52 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You never got the reference the first time. Stop embarrassing yourself.

He's not embarrasing himself. He is 100% spot-on. You're just upset because what he's saying is the truth. thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 02:22 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
He's not embarrasing himself. He is 100% spot-on. You're just upset because what he's saying is the truth. thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 01:35 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Considering the common flu kills over 30,000 people in the US annually(and hospitalizes a couple hundred thousand), I don't think you need to start panicking just yet. wink

But we have shots for flu.

Those 30,000, how many neglected to take shots, or refused to?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 02:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't taken a flu shot since I was a kid and don't plan on ever taking one again. It made me very sick every time the few times I took it. I won't go thru that shit ever again. F*** vaccines. F*** flu shots. I won't submit to having some poison injected into me which makes me sick to supposedly prevent me from getting sick.

I'll take my chances going w/out them because, imo, it's an even bigger risk taking them. thumb up

As a military veteran, I am offered the flu shot for free every year by my nurse. I always turn it down and always will. I was forced to take way too many vaccine shots in the service. Iiirc, I had to take at least half a dozen different vaccine shots in a single day during boot camp. It wasn't fun.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jan 31st, 2020 at 02:43 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 02:29 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
F*** vaccines. F*** flu shots. I won't submit to having some poison injected into me which makes me sick to supposedly prevent me from getting sick.

I am utterly shocked you would take this very much anti-scientific position.

Flabbergasted, really. You are always a man of science, logic, and true knowledge. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is tarnished after discovering this about you.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 02:53 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
But we have shots for flu.

Those 30,000, how many neglected to take shots, or refused to?
The flu shot does not give you blanket immunity to the flu. That is a terrible misconception. The shot you received this year immunizes you to whatever the most prominent strain was last year(there are several different strains of the flu.)

Don't get me wrong, the shot can help prevent you from getting the flu if you come into contact with the strain you were vaccinated for... But you can still get the flu, make no mistake.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 02:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed Galan however, you can only plan for what you plan for and herd immunity to the most likely viruses is a good plan. As is immunity for the weakest for the most likely viruses. I have all kinds of shots from yellow fever, heps to typhoid living where I do you have to.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 04:37 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Heard a man from the CDC talking today on the radio and he explained that the Flu kills about 0.1% of its infected, while the Coronavirus has a mortality rate of about 2%.

So the potential for a very large number of deaths is there.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 04:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Agreed Galan however, you can only plan for what you plan for and herd immunity to the most likely viruses is a good plan. As is immunity for the weakest for the most likely viruses. I have all kinds of shots from yellow fever, heps to typhoid living where I do you have to.
Oh I am 100% for flu shots(I'm in the medical field so it's a must for me.) But a lot of people tend to think that they are completely immune to the flu just because they were vaccinated.

The shot certainly helps keep the number of cases down, but again, it does not provide blanket immunity to every strain of flu that's out there every year. You can definitely still get sick.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Robtard
Heard a man from the CDC talking today on the radio and he explained that the Flu kills about 0.1% of its infected, while the Coronavirus has a mortality rate of about 2%.

If it actually starts gaining more ground... It can potentially get REALLY bad. We've been doing loads of case studies on it for the past few weeks. Actually speaking to CDC and DHS reps and such.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh I am 100% for flu shots(I'm in the medical field so it's a must for me.) But a lot of people tend to think that they are completely immune to the flu just because they were vaccinated.

The shot certainly helps keep the number of cases down, but again, it does not provide blanket immunity to every strain of flu that's out there every year. You can definitely still get sick.
I think the Flu shot here protects against 3-4 of the strains they expect will be the most prolific in a given year? There's still plenty of other more minor strains you're not immunized against.

Still, you'd have to be retarded to not take it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If it actually starts gaining more ground... It can potentially get REALLY bad. We've been doing loads of case studies on it for the past few weeks. Actually speaking to CDC and DHS reps and such.

That's what this guy's sentiment was. Not that it will blow up as fact, but that the potential is there when comparing the mortality rate against the Flu and how easily it's transmitted via airborne methods.

That's around 600,000 deaths in the US alone, if we use the our Flu statistics as a template. Don't know what it'd be in China, but likely far greater.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:08 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I worked for the NHS and then WHO long ago and far away. I do something totally different now. thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:10 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

True, MERS infected a thousand and killed 400 in KSA that's actually a 40% hit, however it had very low virulence. I know next to nothing about the new one.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think the Flu shot here protects against 3-4 of the strains they expect will be the most prolific in a given year? There's still plenty of other more minor strains you're not immunized against.

Still, you'd have to be retarded to not take it.
Yeah it typically vaccinates you for the 4 most prominent strains that were contracted the year prior. Thing with the flu virus(and why there isn't a proper 'cure' for it) is that it constantly mutates/evolves. That's why our vaccinations have to constantly change every year... we try to predict what it will do, but it's really just an educated guess.

Flu shots are a great thing, but a LOT of people tend to think of them as a bulletproof vest that makes them impervious to the flu. Unfortunately that just isn't the case.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's what this guy's sentiment was. Not that it will blow up as fact, but that the potential is there when comparing the mortality rate against the Flu and how easily it's transmitted via airborne methods.

That's around 600,000 deaths in the US alone, if we use the our Flu statistics as a template. Don't know what it'd be in China, but likely far greater.
They're very concerned with airports. That's how this thing could potentially become a legitimate epidemic.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:17 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

They're very concerned with airports. That's how this thing could potentially become a legitimate epidemic.
They always are, we are long overdue "that" global pandemic event. The black death of the modern era with aircraft as vectors. Hopefully we will stay long overdue it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'm not sure how yet, but I know for certain that this new virus is Trump's fault.

They found a way to complain:

(please log in to view the image)

Damn those white people, if they develop a vaccine it will be a racist vaccine.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
They found a way to complain:

(please log in to view the image)

Damn those white people, if they develop a vaccine it will be a racist vaccine.
Here we go again... Seriously Surt? no

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 05:27 PM