KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Coronavirus

Coronavirus
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (504): « First ... « 273 274 [275] 276 277 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
I do that anyway. However, I sometimes wear a mask because the disease can be carried despite being symptomless.

Then I have good news for you:

Asymptomatics very rarely spread the virus:

"We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing,” Kerkhove said. "They’re following asymptomatic cases. They’re following contacts. And they’re not finding secondary transmission onward. It’s very rare."

Asymptomatics "are much less likely to transmit the virus than those who develop symptoms."

Regardless, wearing a mask may not hurt if you follow very strict mask wearing protocols, sanitization procedures (and frequently), and the mask is an N95 mask without valves/vents. Wearing a cloth mask will, however, increase your chance of a respiratory infection.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 06:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Also, excessive alcohol consumption is very bad or your immune system:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4590612/

So I'd recommend very limited to not consumption of alcohol if you're concerned about VRIs.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 06:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Lol

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 06:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Also, excessive alcohol consumption is very bad or your immune system:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4590612/

So I'd recommend very limited to not consumption of alcohol if you're concerned about VRIs.
Sounds like you just made a dig at my alcoholism. Whatever.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:26 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Off topic: How's your alcoholism going by the way? Last we spoke you were trying to ween yourself off as directed by your doctor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Off topic: How's your alcoholism going by the way? Last we spoke you were trying to ween yourself off as directed by your doctor.
I'm drinking less untis, but still drinking more than average. However, I am eating well, more calm and not puking my guts up like I used to. So, it's going a lot better recently. I think it's been a month since I last puked and I'm a bit more productive. smile Thanks for asking.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:44 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm drinking less untis, but still drinking more than average. However, I am eating well, more calm and not puking my guts up like I used to. So, it's going a lot better recently. I think it's been a month since I last puked and I'm a bit more productive. smile Thanks for asking.
Be strong Blake mate.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:19 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly think I'm on the rise, but back on topic. So....... da corona bee killing da peepoo! How dare GINA! Let us vote for da dump and make Alex Jones Secretary of Conspiracy Theory! See how Moloch likes dat! Praise Guaghrd!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Good to hear. Do hope your goal is to eventually either be a teetotaler or just your light social drinker type, like two beers or a single hard drink if attending a party or dinner or such.

Topic: WorldoMeters has the US at over 205K deaths now: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Trump's a shitshow.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good to hear. Do hope your goal is to eventually either be a teetotaler or just your light social drinker type, like two beers or a single hard drink if attending a party or dinner or such.

Topic: WorldoMeters has the US at over 205K deaths now: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
I'm almost in the social drinker you described. That's my goal right now.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly think I'm on the rise, but back on topic. So....... da corona bee killing da peepoo! How dare GINA! Let us vote for da dump and make Alex Jones Secretary of Conspiracy Theory! See how Moloch likes dat! Praise Guaghrd!

Okay so the whole quitting drinking thing clearly has not taken yet.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"almost in the social drinker" indeed

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:51 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like to lull.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 09:23 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trump's a shitshow.
Trump is a shit show. Almost in October...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 09:25 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Sounds like you just made a dig at my alcoholism. Whatever.

Not at all. If I was morbidly obese and I expressed being concerned about getting sick from the coronavirus, I'd expect someone to tell me to eat better and work out more as it would significantly reduce my chances of dying from it.

You expressed concern about getting COVID-19. You've got the diet part down, it seems? But excessive alcohol consumption suppresses your immune system.

Here's how the insult would work if I was trying to take the piss out of your alcoholism: "If you were so concerned about getting COVID-19, you'd stop being an alcoholic because you immune system is shit from all the drinking you're doing."

And you already know how I feel about any of your self-destructive behaviors: I wish you'd stop.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2020 03:09 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Not at all. If I was morbidly obese and I expressed being concerned about getting sick from the coronavirus, I'd expect someone to tell me to eat better and work out more as it would significantly reduce my chances of dying from it.

You expressed concern about getting COVID-19. You've got the diet part down, it seems? But excessive alcohol consumption suppresses your immune system.

Here's how the insult would work if I was trying to take the piss out of your alcoholism: "If you were so concerned about getting COVID-19, you'd stop being an alcoholic because you immune system is shit from all the drinking you're doing."

And you already know how I feel about any of your self-destructive behaviors: I wish you'd stop.
Well, thanks for the concern.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2020 10:32 AM
dadudemon

3 of the 4 congressmen under investigation for insider trading related to coronavirus stuff are in the clear. One is not:

quote:
The Justice Department is closing investigations into three U.S. senators for stocks trades made shortly before the coronavirus market turmoil, but is continuing a related investigation into GOP Sen. Richard Burr, according to people familiar with the matter. Prosecutors on Tuesday alerted defense attorneys for Republicans Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and James Inhofe of Oklahoma as well as Democrat Dianne Feinstein of California that they are closing investigations into their trading, the people said.

So GOP Senator Richard Burr is still being investigated. Shame shame. Innocent until proven guilty but it's really really difficult to say he's not guilty, by this point. They are looking for e-mails, messages, and texts that show he admitted to buying and selling specifically due to the SARS-CoV-2 briefings he got. If they didn't drop it, means there is a smoking gun somewhere. He done effed up.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 06:49 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where is the voice of the left as 'libertarians' annex the Covid-19 debate?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...AndroidApp_Copy

DDM and Co... doubling down. They are a dangerous minority.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 06:47 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Burr was libertarian/independent.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 06:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Where is the voice of the left as 'libertarians' annex the Covid-19 debate?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...AndroidApp_Copy

DDM and Co... doubling down. They are a dangerous minority.

“Not all heroes wear masks.” So tweeted Tory contrarian Toby Young in July after fellow freedom warrior James Delingpole posted a selfie of himself maskless in a supermarket. How daring. How heroic.

^^Lol salty as f*ck

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 06:59 PM