KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » the easiest and most difficult powers to control?

the easiest and most difficult powers to control?
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeadpoolXXX

the easiest and most difficult powers to control?

*tips fedora to MrMind*

which character's powers do you think would be the easiest for you to practically adapt to and control in the real world with minimal training? whose powers do you think would be the most difficult to wield?

based on that, if you had to pick a character's power to have in the real world- whose would it be?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 02:56 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I’m assuming this is meant for herald level character
- Green Lanterns rings would probably rank as one of the highest

The easiest would be innate abilities that come naturally. IE: Superman’s strength, flight..etc. yes, it can be hard to control on earth because everything would feel like paper. You’d need to apply .0000001% strength to everything you do but otherwise learning and using it without worrying for the surrounding will be easy.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 03:02 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Adding to JLXs post:

Super senses and telepathy would be incredibly difficult, I feel.

Imagine being able to smell EVERYTHING. Your colleagues microfarts. The sewer below you. That rotting pizza in the alleyway behind you. The burning dust from your PC.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 03:07 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

I think the easier ones would be shapeshifting and size change, I guess it would kinda feel natural when you do it like flexing a certain muscle.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 03:13 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deft

Like Parmaniac said, the shapeshifting and size change, maybe the invisibility and the replication. The most difficult powers in my opinion are molecular control and the weather manipulation.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 03:49 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Easiest would probably be durability. Until I needed an operation, lol.

Most difficult, I'm going to go with telepathy or super strength. I'm imagining just breaking floors because my footsteps are too heavy, or accidentally ripping my clothes because my arms got stuck or something. Someone tickles me from behind and I take their head off, or I have a nightmare and destroy stuff.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 05:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Super-senses would be absolutely horrendous irl, and would literally drive you insane. I'm trying to sleep but I can hear someone in another city coughing, I can smell my neighbor's farts, I can see through my own eyelids, etc. Telepathy would be even more maddening.

Durability/stamina/regen would obviously be the easiest powers to deal with. Everything else...even 'basic' stuff like super speed/strength/flight...would take a LOT of practice to get the hang of.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 06:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Super-senses would be absolutely horrendous irl, and would literally drive you insane.

Remember when Kasper Cole ate the heart-shaped-herb?

He pretty much experienced it like that, it was well-written.

Of course A-listers tend to have a much easier time adjusting to their super-senses, so they wouldn't look like pussies.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 06:15 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Easiest has got to be invisibility. You literally do nothing.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 06:46 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Durability/stamina/regen would obviously be the easiest powers to deal with. Everything else...even 'basic' stuff like super speed/strength/flight...would take a LOT of practice to get the hang of.
I wouldn't even count those honstely, they're passive and irrelevant until something bad happens to you or better said until really needed. healing does what it does without you having to actually learn to control things. I agree on the senses, even though passive aswell, everyday life would become a nightmare, I'm actually not even sure how you're supposed to be able to "control" that. I know Superman and Flash do that in the comics but that should then be somekind of extra power or added power because how the hell are you supposed to slow down or increase your perception without drugs or something.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 07:51 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I think I'd like the ability to control machines/technology.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:02 PM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In today day and age that would be a absolute godsend

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:06 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It would literally make you a god in our society.

...Though I imagine that a human mind trying to interface with and comprehend the terabytes of information in computers would be... a bit tricky, to say the least.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 13th, 2020 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I like telepathy. The better you understand it the more active you can become.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 12:13 AM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would literally make you a god in our society.

...Though I imagine that a human mind trying to interface with and comprehend the terabytes of information in computers would be... a bit tricky, to say the least.
You say this, but in comics this ability is usually either pseudo magical, box, forge or mediated, engineer/rai/bloodshot.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 10:39 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

In terms of interface with the outside world, super-strength would probably be the hardest [assuming high-end]. I'd probably never be able to squeeze/grab anything, since even a nano-fraction of it would shatter even the hardest materials.

In terms of interface in general, super-speed is difficult in the sense that, even if I can control the level of it [i.e. I can interact with the world at normal levels], in the back of my mind, I'd always feel like I'd waste time. Imagine spending even 30 minutes in normal time, when in the back of your head, you know you could have spread that to lifetimes -- even moreso if you're not immortal, so your lifespan is finite already. If you're not [i.e. you're Superman not Flash], then 'wasting time' wouldn't be that hard on you, considering you still have an eternity to live.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 06:52 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Telepathy would be the hardest. I remember watching a movie where a character discovered they had TP and almost went insane in no time.

Super senses would be tough to start with but you'd adapt to them within a month or so. Our brains are good at screening things out. I had a friend (I say had because he bortowed my scuba gear, never returned it and a couple of years later wanted me to pay for damage to his wall because the burst valve broke on the tank and it went thru his wall- like I can do the yearly pressure tests legally required on a scuba tank that would prevent that when I dont have the f#$in tank breath .... rant over) who lived on the back of the airport runway (boings taxied past his back yard) after about 2 months of him living there, when I visited I didnt notice the planes.

Durability and healing would be the easiest. Strength not so much, like DS said youd probably rip arms off people without meaning to

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:09 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Gets worse.

Remember the last time you sneezed? Yeah, congrats, you've just taken someone's head off.

This all assumes high end level strength, btw. Probably doesn't matter if we just have Wolverine level superstrength or whatever.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:14 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I have that

It's called a google home (you can also do it with Alexa) smart lights all over the house, smart tvs, smart remotes to control tvs, pay tv boxes, media players, aircons.

I have a google home in every room (except bathroom, and my daughter wants one there), smart remotes like harmony companion,
https://www.logitech.com/en-au/prod...rmony-companion
Genio remotes
https://mirabellagenio.net.au/smart-ir-controller
And smart lights

And smart powerboards (for kitchen appliances)

The only things i cant voice control in the house to some extent is the fridge, dishwasher, oven and fluescant lights.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:20 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm going to hack Boks now and make him think he's going senile

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:47 AM