KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Luke Cage vs Thing - READ STIPS!

Luke Cage vs Thing - READ STIPS!
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Means nothing relative to physical strength.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 09:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Sure it does. That thing was measured to radiate 133 hercs worth of mystical energy output. A measurement whose origins was born out of measuring the output from a physical act... From a god of strength no less.
If that thing was fighting Hulk physically and a Hulk fan says that Hulk overpowered a creature capable of outputting attacks 133 times the power of Herc, i wouldnt bat an eye. Well maybe a little.

Your problem shouldnt be at those Hulk fans. Ure problem should be with Pak. He created this stupidity.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 09:37 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Sure it does. That thing was measured to radiate 133 hercs worth of mystical energy output. A measurement whose origins was born out of measuring the output from a physical act... From a god of strength no less.
If that thing was fighting Hulk physically and a Hulk fan says that Hulk overpowered a creature capable of outputting attacks 133 times the power of Herc, i wouldnt bat an eye. Well maybe a little.

Your problem shouldnt be at those Hulk fans. Ure problem should be with Pak. He created this stupidity.

Pak using a punch doesn't mean anything, only that it sounds cool.

WBH at his angriest, when he was literally stomping Fin Fang Foom:

(please log in to view the image)

(Who, btw, measured 17.34 Hercs):

Was only 0.21 Hercs himself:

It's a good feat for Hulk against magic based attacks, sure. But not against physical attacks. As you say, it measures mystical energy. Foom is literally 83 times as 'Hercy' as WBH there....means bupkis in terms of him being able to not be stomped.

Baba Yaga's chicken house measured 1.3 Hercs:

That DOESN'T mean that her house is 6200% physically stronger than the most powerful Hulk we have ever seen on panel. All it means is that her house is 6200% more MAGICAL/mythological than WBH.

To reiterate: Hulk surviving (he was KOd) 133.45 Hercs, doesn't mean he withstood the physical equivalent of 133.45 of Hercules' punches. It means he survived an attack that was the equivalent of 133.45 times the magical energy radiated by 1 of Herc's punches/

It's really simple, and no idea why you or others have to complicate things. We already have scientific units for physical force, lol. None for magical force.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 17th, 2020 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 09:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Ughh... Ure still using the same arguments fron that other thread.

Pretty sure i replied to something identical to this already.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 09:54 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Ughh... Ure still using the same arguments fron that other thread.

Pretty sure i replied to something identical to this already.

I am.

Because I messaged Galan, and he suggested a thread to collect all the arguments together, after which he will read them, then post a mod ruling once and for all either way.

This is actually going to be the last time we get to debate this properly. After which it will be definitively answered once and for all, and either I or you lot will have to keep quiet.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 09:56 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I am.

Because I messaged Galan, and he suggested a thread to collect all the arguments together, after which he will read them, then post a mod ruling once and for all either way.

This is actually going to be the last time we get to debate this properly. After which it will be definitively answered once and for all, and either I or you lot will have to keep quiet.

That Herc is mystical energy output?
Isnt that obvious?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:04 PM
DarkSaint85

Not to some members of the forum, no.

And my argument is that it's a measure of how magical something is - Hulk withstanding 133.45 Hercs isn't him withstanding the physical equivalent of 133.45 punches, or Herc's best punch x 133.45.

Its less than that. How much less? Don't know. Of the energy given off from Herc's punch, I don't know how much of it is mystical.

And no one does.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 17th, 2020 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:15 PM
DarkSaint85

To reuse my analogy:

I radiate heat energy. The maximum amount of heat I radiate when I punch is 1 DarkSaint.

If you eat something that's 133.45 Darksaints, does that mean your stomach is tanking 133.45 of my best punches in your stomach? No.

It means you're eating something that's quite hot. Impressive, sure, but not as impressive as the physical force of my punch x 133.45.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:29 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Means nothing relative to physical strength.

I'm not talking about the energy type or it's catalyst. That isn't relevant. The only thing that is relevant are the Hercs. Did you read what I wrote? Anything that registers on the Herc scale shows how powerful any given mythical being is in direct comparison to the amount of power generated by a punch from the mythical Immortal Hercules. And it is indirectly physical, because of the mythical creatures ability to affect the physical world. Hope had the ability to harm non mythical creatures, which is a very physical action, denoting power strength.

On the Hulk's side; he was still able to physically resist an attack that may have torn another character apart. Once again, If I ever claimed that the Hulk, or any other non mythical creature could register on the Herc scale, it was certainly an error. I'm not talking about that though.

Hope could effect the physical universe. It doesn't matter whether it's with a punch, blaster attack, psi attack, liquid attack, pussy attack etc. The entity known as Hope was recorded to be as powerful as 133.5 Hercs. It wasn't actually stated that Hope could hit with 133.5 Hercs of force, if we're fully understanding the context. Just that Hope was weighed and measured to be 133 .5 Hercs.

Care to take a shot at how many Hercs Hope was actually able to hit with?

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 18th, 2020 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 05:30 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

To reuse my analogy:

I radiate heat energy. The maximum amount of heat I radiate when I punch is 1 DarkSaint.

If you eat something that's 133.45 Darksaints, does that mean your stomach is tanking 133.45 of my best punches in your stomach? No.

It means you're eating something that's quite hot. Impressive, sure, but not as impressive as the physical force of my punch x 133.45.

Precisely. Didn't I say that? I could've... Hmmm.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 05:33 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

The radiation of nuclear bombs has a physical effect on the physical world, just like tradional bombs, but the resulting radiation of the former affects the physical world very differently.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 05:41 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
Precisely. Didn't I say that? I could've... Hmmm.

My point is, even if I was the world's strongest man, the amount of heat I radiate off a punch is incredibly tiny relative to being hit by the actual punch itself.

A mug of hot coffee would be hotter than 133.45 times the heat of my punch.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 06:47 AM
DarkSaint85

Yes. It is. But pak specifically tied this fictional measurement to a maximum physical act from Hercules. Going back to Foom(17 hercs)is a perfect and easy enuff example since he is a smashy smash kind of character. When more esoteric examples r used like the energy from Pandora's box, one can assume that the hope creature that was trapped inside is capable of output roughly equaling a being of 133 Herculeses strength/power...
That is yhe takeaway. Pak is literally spelling it out.

Again ure examples r off.

This was Celey's last post from the other thread.

My quibble is with the underlined. Because it's NOT 133 Hercules worth of power/strength.

Its literally spelled out (lol). Its 133 of a single component of Herc's punch. Not the total.

And as Herc isn't a magic blaster like Strange(lol), the magical component of his punch is small.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 07:18 AM
DarkSaint85

Stoic, this is yours:

Explain away the word equivalent in reference to the punch in Hercs. You'll never be able to.

We assume that a way was invented to measure mystical beings like Hope, Baba Yaga, Hercules, Zeus, Thor, etc. This is your claim. I agree with it. But, since Hercules is also very much physical, 1 Herc becomes subjective due to the use of the word Equivalent. It says that 1 Herc is the equivalent level of power that Hercules can put off in one punch. When compared to how powerful Hope was regardless of power type, it registered on that scale as being more powerful than a physical punch that was thrown by Hercules by a being over 133 times as powerful as his punch. It does not say that Hope was 133.5 times more powerful than Hercules, rather it directly compares it to the punch. This is the number that we start at.

Simplified,
Although Hope may be a mystical creature, this does not take away the damage that it is capable of dishing out on the physical universe. The Hulk was actually hit very hard by Hope who possessed massive amounts of power. He survived. The End.

I have underlined what my quibble is. It actually takes a LOT out if all I am measuring is the magical level. Just like Ares or Hercules would be 1 Herc, it doesn't mean that they're punching with more power than DS merged Sentry, who would punch with 0 Hercs.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 07:27 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I see what DarkSaint is trying to achieve here, we all do, he made it painfully obvious.

Surprised nobody is taking this discussion seriously. ODG certainly would contribute (with a lot of insults), if he were still posting.

Just my two cents, in Pak's mind, "godly" / "mythological" power is actually... well, "magic+", iirc.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 05:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up I think it's a worthy topic of debate, doesn't involve Superman (for once) and actually tests knowledge and debate skills.

Plus, for once, thanks to Galan modding, it actually has ramifications for the forum. How often can we get a topic that actually goes somewhere, and that we ALL have a say in?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 05:47 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I killed odg.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2020 05:50 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Stoic, this is yours:

I have underlined what my quibble is. It actually takes a LOT out if all I am measuring is the magical level. Just like Ares or Hercules would be 1 Herc, it doesn't mean that they're punching with more power than DS merged Sentry, who would punch with 0 Hercs.

In other words you ignored everything that I wrote.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 04:39 AM
DarkSaint85

Erm no? You had a summary that YOU wrote, and I underlined it?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 06:47 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I'm not talking about the energy type or it's catalyst. That isn't relevant. The only thing that is relevant are the Hercs. Did you read what I wrote? Anything that registers on the Herc scale shows how powerful any given mythical being is in direct comparison to the amount of power generated by a punch from the mythical Immortal Hercules. And it is indirectly physical, because of the mythical creatures ability to affect the physical world. Hope had the ability to harm non mythical creatures, which is a very physical action, denoting power strength.

On the Hulk's side; he was still able to physically resist an attack that may have torn another character apart. Once again, If I ever claimed that the Hulk, or any other non mythical creature could register on the Herc scale, it was certainly an error. I'm not talking about that though.

Hope could effect the physical universe. It doesn't matter whether it's with a punch, blaster attack, psi attack, liquid attack, pussy attack etc. The entity known as Hope was recorded to be as powerful as 133.5 Hercs. It wasn't actually stated that Hope could hit with 133.5 Hercs of force, if we're fully understanding the context. Just that Hope was weighed and measured to be 133 .5 Hercs.

Care to take a shot at how many Hercs Hope was actually able to hit with?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 08:07 AM