KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Your favorite Star Trek film

Your favorite Star Trek film
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Wrath of Khan.

Best performances from the OG crew, great music and Khan is one of sci-fi's best villains.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 01:56 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Galaxy Quest.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 02:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Galaxy Quest.

By Grabthar’s Hammer......

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 05:56 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by -Pr-
Despite its issues, yeah, First Contact for me too

What issues do you have with it?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 09:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Impediment
By Grabthar’s Hammer......

what a savings

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 09:08 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Wrath of Khan and I also did enjoy Into Darkness too.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 09:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by cdtm
Galaxy Quest.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 09:58 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I haven't seen Beyond.

Is it worth seeing?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 10:11 PM
steverules_2

No sex scene between the Borg queen and Data

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 10:12 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I haven't seen Beyond.

Is it worth seeing?

nope.. idris couldn't save it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 10:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Hmmmm I cant reeally say..... I like the first 6 movies the best I think....

I can say which one IS THE NEWEST ONE I like and that is: Generations (Which would be Star trek 7 I guess)

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 06:48 AM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I haven't seen Beyond.

Is it worth seeing?

By far my least favourite of the 3. Plus it destroyed the new Trek franchise. But critics generally praised it, and it was a bit more Trekky, so best to see it yourself and decide.

Seemed to me though like they were trying to do too many things at once, (a bit like Rise of Skywalker). A failed attempt to please the hardcore fans whilst simultaneously bring in the big box office dollars.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 06:53 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Undiscovered Country. Nicholas Meyer, director of Wrath of Khan, returned to direct a film that had some of the best social commentary and analogues along with dialogue in Trek's history.

Originally posted by Todd1700
Wrath of Khan. Just a great stand alone Star Trek movie. You really don't even have to have watched any of the original series or any other Ster Trek movie to enjoy it. Great performance by Ricardo Montalban as Khan. Great plot. Best acting by the original cast in any of their Star Trek films. Great battle in the Mutara Nebula. One of the best death scenes of all times.

This is a great point: my dad, who doesn't have much interest in Star Trek or sci-fi in general, sat my brother and I down on a Memorial Day or 4th of July and had us watch Wrath of Khan together. I've NEVER seen my dad watch another Star Trek film except maybe First Contact, and yet he still thought it was a definitive piece of film to watch. It is the quintessential Trek film.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 08:06 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

I haven't seen Beyond.

Is it worth seeing?

I liked it, but it is much more like an extended Trek episode and not the two blockbuster films that preceded it. Amazing visuals for sure though, and Idris Elba joins the long list of excellent Trek villains.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 08:08 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly, besides wrath of khan and into darkness it's all dog shit.

And whoever decided to let Shatner direct a movie needs to be slapped.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 09:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Surtur
Honestly, besides wrath of khan and into darkness it's all dog shit.

confused

Not even First Contact or Trek 09?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 01:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Can't believe people are shitting on Beyond when the utterly awful, soulless Into Darkness exists.

I feel like it tries to do too much at once. It tries to be too many things. It wants to be a comedy, a horror movie, an action movie and a character study at the same time.

Plus, and I say this as someone who loved the Borg redesign and the action scenes and the use of a Borg queen... It's completely at odds with TNG, especially I, Borg.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 02:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the new Trek stuff lacks soul. It's not Star Trek. It is Star Wars done under a different name.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 02:25 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the script is poorly written.. no one has any good character development. idris elba whom is a fave of mine sucked as the villain. heck even his motivations made no type of sense.. the character of jayla(sp?) wasn't needed either

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Wrath Of Khan/The Search For Spock/The Voyage Home

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 03:38 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote