KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")

Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

ok thanks

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Old Post Dec 8th, 2020 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Guess we’ll also see some feats from Yoda. He won’t just stand back giving missions

Old Post Dec 8th, 2020 11:23 PM
Rebel95

Nice thumb up

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 08:39 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So Yoda is still the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order in The High Republic era... But it's a shared position with Grandmaster Veter:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And I'm still reading through Light of the Jedi(which is pretty good so far, tbh), but I found it interesting that a new Jedi by the name of Porter Engle was lowkey given some parity with Yoda in sabers:
quote:
He was simply slicing the mines in half as they popped out of the ground. One after another--the maneuver Bell had performed just once and didn't even truly understand how he'd managed, Porter was doing again and again. The expression on his face never changed. His blade flashed, and the metal fell, and he remained untouched.

Both Bell and Loden were transfixed. They were both good swordsmen, and Loden had some claim to being great. But this was like nothing they had ever seen. Not at the Jedi Temple, not from Master Yoda or Zaviel Tepp, or even old Arkoff. Bell couldn't imagine what it would be like to face Porter Engle in combat. The display of skill was beautiful, and they could not stop watching...

Also, Yarael Poof and Oppo Rancisis were alive(and serving as Council members) during this era.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Sounds like superiority to me, I heard from several people that this book was great though so that's cool.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scizard
Sounds like superiority to me, I heard from several people that this book was great though so that's cool.

I heard the opposite and the scans I've seen was...just...no...especially with the lightsaber. <<

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Yoda may have been a better duelist by rots though. But still pretty impressive acccolade for that guy.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 05:02 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The comic was pretty boring. Sure it was only the first issue, but compare it to other first issues of big comics like KotOR and Legacy and it just pales in comparison. Hopefully it picks up but I got my doubts.

Also doesn't help that the trailer for the High Republic has some Jedi character saying they are fighting "for control of the Force itself"... Maybe there is more going on, but if true that's a pretty fundamental misunderstanding about Jedi and SW as a whole.

Unless he's seen Yoda go all out, which I very much doubt, it's irrelevant. These kinda in-universe quotes are almost always useless for debates.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 05:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

What species does GM Veter belong to? He looks like a mix between a Wookiee and a zabrak

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 07:43 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's still an ambiguous comparison, because for all we know the Jedi present had only seen Yoda in sparring sessions and whatnot... So the skill they have actually seen Yoda display may not be indicative of his peak.

Still thought it was interesting, though.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I heard the opposite and the scans I've seen was...just...no...especially with the lightsaber. <<
The first issue of the comic was mediocre at best. The novel is actually decent so far, but I haven't finished it yet.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Light of the Jedi also introduces a 'new' Force ability in canon:
quote:
Now, Avar thought.

Across the system, Jedi reached out to the Force. Some closed their eyes, some lifted their arms, some stood, some sat meditating on the ground while others hovered above it. Some were in starships, others on the surface. Many were alone, but others were with members of their Order, or were surrounded by small groups of people who could sense, somehow, the import of what was happening, even if they could not themselves touch the Force.

Dozens of Jedi, acting as one.

The galaxy thrummed. An invisible hand grasped the Tibanna bomb in a firm grip and threw it to one side. Gentle, but precise, like tossing an egg to someone you hoped would catch it without the thing shattering all over their hands. Avar listened. They had succeeded. They had moved the Tibanna.

Pretty much just Battle Meld from Legends, but w/e.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 10th, 2021 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2021 06:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A Test of Courage mentions an ability called "wayfinding".

Basically when their nav computer was down, a young Jedi Padawan was able to reach out with the Force to detect planets rich in life and travel to them:
quote:
"Without navigation, any guess is as good as another," Avon said with a shrug.

"I could maybe try wayfinding," Imri said, voice hesitant. "Through the Force. Master Douglas was showing me how it is done." Seeing Avon and Honesty's confused expressions, the boy elaborated. "I, um, should be able to detect someplace that has a lot of life, and if there are creatures living there on the planet it should be safe enough for us, as long as I have a good idea of what I am looking for. Right, Vern?"

"Yes," Vernestra said, nodding. "Good idea." It was a long shot. She had only heard a few stories of wayfinding. It was something mostly done by seasoned Jedi Masters who had practiced the skill their entire lives. But she hoped giving the boy a task would help him break through some of the despair of losing his master. Sometimes distractions were helpful.

Imri settled, and Vernestra felt him searching for a way to call out to any nearby life. She didn't try to guide him but rather watched as her master might have when she first became a Padawan, letting Imri figure it out. She could sense the moment he began to quest for life, each living being illuminated by its connection to the Force.

The book also provides quite a bit of info on Vernestra(the girl who was given the rank of Jedi Knight at the age of only 15), and she's quite the prodigy... But still hasn't quite acclimated to the responsibilities that go along with being a full-fledged Knight, and doesn't yet realize how gifted she actually is. I dig her character so far. thumb up

Worth noting that Vern modified her lightsaber so that it can toggle between a standard purple blade, and a lightwhip.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2021 06:23 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Galan007
Light of the Jedi also introduces a 'new' Force ability in canon:

Pretty much just Battle Meld from Legends, but w/e.
You know, abilities like this sure would have come in handy during the PT....

Old Post Jan 10th, 2021 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Any more news from these novels/comics?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 01:22 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Galan007

Also, Yarael Poof and Oppo Rancisis were alive(and serving as Council members) during this era.
You mean during the High Repulic?

Didn't these two survive Order 66?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 09:02 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oppo was alive then ? Whys he not on Maces seat by the PT?

Thats a whole ton of wisdom, knowledge and experience he’s picked up over the centuries.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

One-armed Trandoshan jedi. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Any more news from these novels/comics?
I mean, a LOT happens in the novels released so far(and a LOT of new characters are introduced), so there's a bit too much to thoroughly detail here. You should definitely give Light of the Jedi a read if you're even remotely interested in this event -- it's actually quite good. The follow-up novel A Test of Courage is also pretty good, and really sheds some light on Vernestra(who I really like as a character so far), and details her 'struggles' a bit... Namely how a newly-minted teenage Jedi can find her place in a calamity like this.

However, it's worth noting that there are at least three Jedi Grandmasters in this era: Yoda, Veter, and Lahru.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
You mean during the High Repulic?

Didn't these two survive Order 66?
Per Darth Vader #19, Oppo survived Order 66:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...99#post16669899

But Yarael was stated to have died at some point between TPM and AotC, which is when Coleman Trebor replaced him (lol):
https://ibb.co/svc3yJR
-Character Encyclopedia (Updated & Expanded)

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oppo was alive then ? Whys he not on Maces seat by the PT?

Thats a whole ton of wisdom, knowledge and experience he’s picked up over the centuries.
Because Mace was still the better choice?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2021 07:11 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Old Post Feb 1st, 2021 11:37 PM