KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Mecha Frieza vs. SS Goku

Mecha Frieza vs. SS Goku
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deft

Mecha Frieza vs. SS Goku

Mecha Frieza vs. Super Saiyan Goku (Namek)

Who wins?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 04:37 AM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I remember reading that SSJ Trunks was equal to SSJ Goku when he was on Namek. If that's true then Goku rolls Frieza easily. I have my doubts that it is accurate though since Trunks was on par with Goku post Namek and I find it hard to believe that Goku made zero progress in that time.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 07:54 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
I find it hard to believe that Goku made zero progress in that time.

Can't disagree here.

And even though it's non-canon, Revenge of Cooler film showed Goku training intensively after beating Frieza and that's the Goku we know.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 08:50 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Mecha Frieza was said to be a good deal stronger than Namek Frieza, so he might have an edge on noob SSJ Goku, but not Goku after he returns home from the Yardrat training with IT.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 10:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Mecha Frieza jobbed just like Cyborg Tao Pai Pai.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 11:16 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I remember reading that SSJ Trunks was equal to SSJ Goku when he was on Namek. If that's true then Goku rolls Frieza easily. I have my doubts that it is accurate though since Trunks was on par with Goku post Namek and I find it hard to believe that Goku made zero progress in that time.
Trunks was in awe of Goku's power, the hell do you mean "on par"?

You mean when Trunks tried to test Goku and Goku blocked all of his attacks??? Lol.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 03:50 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

When SS Trunks powered up against Mecha Freeza, his ki was stated to be identical to SS Goku's ki on Namek... To the point where Gohan literally thought Trunks WAS Goku:
https://i.imgur.com/unDrXwb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/58ikyHH.jpg

...And then Trunks proceeded to easily rape Freeza. So yeah, Goku wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 04:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Goku wasn’t any (outside of IT) stronger when he showed himself to be stronger than Future Trunks.

If anything Namek Goku was more bloodthirsty than he would ever be again

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 05:11 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

^ Goku trained on Yardrat a lot IIRC.

Not on-screen but I think it was stated.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 05:56 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Goku trained on Yardrat for at least 5 months, per DBS:
https://i.imgur.com/JpBqmkw.jpg

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 10:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Okay, yeah. Namek Goku wins then. The physical power increase Frieza got with the cybernetics was sadly overhyped, even if it was a cool design for him.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 11:04 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Trunks was in awe of Goku's power, the hell do you mean "on par"?

You mean when Trunks tried to test Goku and Goku blocked all of his attacks??? Lol.

They were stated to be equals. I agree that Goku appeared to be superior but iirc, Goku and Trunks said they were even.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 05:06 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, I did remember them saying that, but Goku was a super saiyan a little longer than Trunks was at that time, so it easy to see him having an edge on the kid there in terms of power.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 05:10 AM
juggerman

I have no problem with Goku being stronger as that's what it seemed to show in their face off. But if they claimed to be equals then one could argue Trunks was holding back more than Goku was which is why Goku looked better. Either way, they were close enough to each other to establish Frieza would lose here

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 06:34 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

They were stated to be equals. I agree that Goku appeared to be superior but iirc, Goku and Trunks said they were even.
Goku was batting his sword around with his finger. That’s not a feat for equals in my book.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 06:24 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, the SS Trunks who killed Mecha-Freeza = SS Namek Goku.

Even if you exclude the months of training that Goku did on Yardrat after Namek, the zenkai he got from the battle with Freeza alone should have put him above Trunks.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 01:43 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Theoretically, wouldn't future Trunks have gotten a zenkai after the first time he challenged the Androids in his timeline after he became super saiyan and lost? It was a near death experience too.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 10:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh, I'm just talking about when Trunks came to earth and killed Mecha-Freeza. When he initially went SS, Gohan stated that his ki was identical to Goku's on Namek.

But when Goku returned to earth, he had undoubtedly become quite a bit stronger, given the zenkai he would have received after battling Freeza + the months of training on Yardrat.

So imo, Goku would have definitely been more powerful than Trunks at the time.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 11:05 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Goku was batting his sword around with his finger. That’s not a feat for equals in my book.

I agree

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 01:41 PM