KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU: Lady Sif vs. Loki

MCU: Lady Sif vs. Loki
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Oh you've already won the argument when you used play fighting as a legitimate feat for Valkyrie. There's clearly no arguing against such fool proof logic. I concede against such great wisdom.

Good that you admit Valkyrie throwing feat proves she's significantly stronger than Sif.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 02:00 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
Good that you admit Valkyrie throwing feat proves she's significantly stronger than Sif.

Yes yes, Sif clearly has no strength feat that compares. Not even easily pushing a camper trailer a few dozen meters with a casual kick.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 03:07 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Yes yes, Sif clearly has no strength feat that compares. Not even easily pushing a camper trailer a few dozen meters with a casual kick.

A few dozen meters? Lmao. Try more like 40-50 feet (less than 2 dozen meters).

Casually? Try with her visibly straining and grunting.

Try with her using a Leg vs arm to push (leg is stronger).

Yup that feat doesn't come close.

Thanks for proving that you are a liar and a troll.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 04:46 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

A few dozen meters? Lmao. Try more like 40-50 feet (less than 2 dozen meters).

Casually? Try with her visibly straining and grunting.

Try with her using a Leg vs arm to push (leg is stronger).

Yup that feat doesn't come close.

Thanks for proving that you are a liar and a troll.

Oh you're right of course. Because being able to kick a camper trailer that weighs about 7000 lbs. across a few dozen meters against its tires is clearly a far far inferior strength feat to throwing a 200 pound humanoid a few hundred feet. Valkyrie is clearly in a much higher strength class than Sif. There is really no arguing against your excellent logic that proved how much stronger Valkyrie is when she toppled an off-balance Hulk while they were play fighting.

Last edited by FrothByte on Mar 6th, 2020 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 05:48 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Oh you're right of course. Because being able to kick a camper trailer that weighs about 7000 lbs. across a few dozen meters against its tires is clearly a far far inferior strength feat to throwing a 200 pound humanoid a few hundred feet. Valkyrie is clearly in a much higher strength class than Sif. There is really no arguing against your excellent logic that proved how much stronger Valkyrie is when she toppled an off-balance Hulk while they were play fighting.

Your told 2 lies.
1) You stated she did it casually. She strained and grunted.
2) You stated she moved it a few dozen meters. It slid 40-50 feet.

Yes throwing a 200lb being hundreds of feet away (about a block) IS FAR Superior than sliding (not even lifting) a camper 40-50 feet USING ONE'S LEG (not arm).

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 12:22 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Your told 2 lies.
1) You stated she did it casually. She strained and grunted.
2) You stated she moved it a few dozen meters. It slid 40-50 feet.

Yes throwing a 200lb being hundreds of feet away (about a block) IS FAR Superior than sliding (not even lifting) a camper 40-50 feet USING ONE'S LEG (not arm).

Yes, casually. As in she didn't look like she was going to pop a vein. But you know what, you're right. I must have been exaggerating because you're clearly a way better judge of these things than I am and we know you never exaggerate.

And yes, it must be 40-50 feet. Because your judgement of distance is so impeccable that your guesstimate is way more accurate than mine. Heck, you're so good at it that you can even narrow down to an error margin of just 10 feet. I'm incredibly in awe of you.

Again, I apologize for thinking that the weight of an object matters when discussing strength feats. You're right that only the distance traveled and the limb used matters. Obviously the fact that the man is only around 3% the weight of the trailer has no bearing at all on strength necessary to move them around.

Last edited by FrothByte on Mar 7th, 2020 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 12:40 AM
h1a8

Yes, casually. As in she didn't look like she was going to pop a vein. But you know what, you're right. I must have been exaggerating because you're clearly a way better judge of these things than I am and we know you never exaggerate.

And yes, it must be 40-50 feet. Because your judgement of distance is so impeccable that your guesstimate is way more accurate than mine. Heck, you're so good at it that you can even narrow down to an error margin of just 10 feet. I'm incredibly in awe of you.

Again, I apologize for thinking that the weight of an object matters when discussing strength feats. You're right that only the distance traveled and the limb used matters. Obviously the fact that the man is only around 3% the weight of the trailer has no bearing at all on strength necessary to move them around.

She strained as shown in her face. She grunted. This shows that you saying casually is a lie. We can clearly see the distance the camper is away from her in the latter scene. It's clearly less than the distance a pitcher throws to a catcher. That's lie number 2.

Throwing someone about a city block takes WAY more force than SLIDING (not lifting) a camper 40-50ft away using your leg.

Anyone here will tell you what Valkyrie did was far more impressive.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 01:41 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

She strained as shown in her face. She grunted. This shows that you saying casually is a lie. We can clearly see the distance the camper is away from her in the latter scene. It's clearly less than the distance a pitcher throws to a catcher. That's lie number 2.

Throwing someone about a city block takes WAY more force than SLIDING (not lifting) a camper 40-50ft away using your leg.

Anyone here will tell you what Valkyrie did was far more impressive.

Of course, I already acknowledged you were correct right?

I mean, if I dropped a 50-pound dumbell on a rubber mat, kicked it as hard as I could parallel to its bar (so I wouldn't just roll it) and made it skid by about 20 feet, that's clearly not as impressive as throwing a basketball for the entire length of a basketball court right? Because clearly throwing that basketball is way harder and more impossible than kicking that 50 pound dumbell for a good 20 feet or so.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 01:48 AM
h1a8

Of course, I already acknowledged you were correct right?

I mean, if I dropped a 50-pound dumbell on a rubber mat, kicked it as hard as I could parallel to its bar (so I wouldn't just roll it) and made it skid by about 20 feet, that's clearly not as impressive as throwing a basketball for the entire length of a basketball court right? Because clearly throwing that basketball is way harder and more impossible than kicking that 50 pound dumbell for a good 20 feet or so.

Bad analogy.
Both The scaling is incorrect and the application.
Exhibit A. She threw him about 600feet.
A basketball court is 94ft. So that would be equavilent to sliding the weight about 6ft.

Now we have the problem of application.
1. Metal on rubber have a much higher coefficient of friction than rubber on a sandy surface. You will be able to kick the dumbell even further on that exact road than in the scenario you gave.

2. Also when something is thrown over a certain velocity then air resistance becomes a much bigger factor. Air resistance plays a much bigger role in that scene.

3. Sif push kicked it using her hind leg (stronger muscles). This is impossible kicking a small dumbell the same way. Imagine the dumbell the size of a camper but weighs only 50lb and we are in business.

4. Lastly it's how she threw him. She did not throw him like a ball throw. Her distance of acceleration was much smaller and she used more of a lifting motion that wasn't conducive to launching something a long way (weaker muscles used).

So to be more accurate. Try throwing the basketball EXACTLY how she threw the guy with added air resistance the length of a basketball court. Then compare that to push kicking (in the exact way Sif did) something that weighs 50lb on a sandy road.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 08:43 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Bad analogy.
Both The scaling is incorrect and the application.
Exhibit A. She threw him about 600feet.
A basketball court is 94ft. So that would be equavilent to sliding the weight about 6ft.

Now we have the problem of application.
1. Metal on rubber have a much higher coefficient of friction than rubber on a sandy surface. You will be able to kick the dumbell even further on that exact road than in the scenario you gave.

2. Also when something is thrown over a certain velocity then air resistance becomes a much bigger factor. Air resistance plays a much bigger role in that scene.

3. Sif push kicked it using her hind leg (stronger muscles). This is impossible kicking a small dumbell the same way. Imagine the dumbell the size of a camper but weighs only 50lb and we are in business.

4. Lastly it's how she threw him. She did not throw him like a ball throw. Her distance of acceleration was much smaller and she used more of a lifting motion that wasn't conducive to launching something a long way (weaker muscles used).

So to be more accurate. Try throwing the basketball EXACTLY how she threw the guy with added air resistance the length of a basketball court. Then compare that to push kicking (in the exact way Sif did) something that weighs 50lb on a sandy road.

Sure dude. 600 feet. Obviously you have such accurate measurements of distance that you can come up with exact numbers from a glance. My apologies for only using estimates, like most us normal people use when discussing film scenes. Most of us don't have your overwhelming intellect.

Against someone with such an immense grasp on physics or who probably has spent so much time in the gym that they think it's easy to kick around 50 pounds of deadweight, I clearly am not as knowledgeable as you. I mean, I didn't even know that air resistance played a bigger factor than surface friction. Or that apparently a heavy object doesn't dig in to sand to make it even harder to move.

I also never knew you couldn't use your hind leg to kick a small object. My kickboxing instructor had been lying to me all these years. You should have educated me on this sooner oh great one.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 04:58 PM
h1a8

Sure dude. 600 feet. Obviously you have such accurate measurements of distance that you can come up with exact numbers from a glance. My apologies for only using estimates, like most us normal people use when discussing film scenes. Most of us don't have your overwhelming intellect.

Against someone with such an immense grasp on physics or who probably has spent so much time in the gym that they think it's easy to kick around 50 pounds of deadweight, I clearly am not as knowledgeable as you. I mean, I didn't even know that air resistance played a bigger factor than surface friction. Or that apparently a heavy object doesn't dig in to sand to make it even harder to move.

I also never knew you couldn't use your hind leg to kick a small object. My kickboxing instructor had been lying to me all these years. You should have educated me on this sooner oh great one.

So you agree with me and also that your analogies were faulty and that you lied twice. Cool.
Enough with the nonsense.
Again you have to throw the basketball EXACTLY like Valkyrie. Good luck throwing it more than 20ft that way.
Again you have to push kick a 50lb object on sandy ground EXACTLY how Sif did it, using your hind leg muscles. I don't know about you, but I can push kick the shit out of a 50lb object on that type of ground.

Otherwise your twisted comparison is faulty.

And no the camper wasn't dug into the ground as we see visually. Think of a hard ground covered with dirt/sand. Each wheel exerted 1/4 of the camper s weight.

Last edited by h1a8 on Mar 7th, 2020 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 06:08 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So you agree with me and also that your analogies were faulty and that you lied twice. Cool.
Again you have to throw the basketball EXACTLY like Valkyrie. Good luck throwing it more than 20ft that way.
Again you have to push kick a 50lb object on sandy ground EXACTLY how Sif did it, using your hind leg muscles. I don't know about you, but I can push kick the shit out of a 50lb object on that type of ground.

And no the camper wasn't dug into the ground as we see visually. Think of a hard ground covered with dirt/sand. Each wheel exerted 1/4 of the camper s weight.

Ooh please great one, show me proof that you can push kick the hell out of a 50 pound object.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 07:25 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Ooh please great one, show me proof that you can push kick the hell out of a 50 pound object and make it skid a good distance away.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 07:35 PM
h1a8

Dp

Last edited by h1a8 on Mar 7th, 2020 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 09:55 PM
h1a8

Ooh please great one, show me proof that you can push kick the hell out of a 50 pound object.

https://www.bigtoysdirect.com/Kids-...WYaAhjSEALw_wcB

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 10:03 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So.... I'm looking at a blank page?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2020 05:02 PM
h1a8

So.... I'm looking at a blank page?

It's supposed to be a link to a kid's motorized toy truck. It has rubber wheels and weighs 81lb. They have smaller ones (around 50lb). But you can clearly see that a fit adult male can kick one of these at least a few feet away on the type of ground Sif did.

Anyway the coefficient of Static friction of rubber on a sandy surface is about 0.5. That means you need to supply about 50% of the weight force to slide the object.

Sif used a strong leg muscles (not arms). Valkyrie used weak non throwing arm muscles to achieve the feat. Therefore, even if both feats took the same force (they dont) then Valkyrie feat is more than 3x more impressive.

In a nutshell Valkyrie could easily achieve Sif's feat where Sif couldn't come close to achieving Valkyrie's feat.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 01:49 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It's supposed to be a link to a kid's motorized toy truck. It has rubber wheels and weighs 81lb. They have smaller ones (around 50lb). But you can clearly see that a fit adult male can kick one of these at least a few feet away on the type of ground Sif did.

Anyway the coefficient of Static friction of rubber on a sandy surface is about 0.5. That means you need to supply about 50% of the weight force to slide the object.

Sif used a strong leg muscles (not arms). Valkyrie used weak non throwing arm muscles to achieve the feat. Therefore, even if both feats took the same force (they dont) then Valkyrie feat is more than 3x more impressive.

In a nutshell Valkyrie could easily achieve Sif's feat where Sif couldn't come close to achieving Valkyrie's feat.

Sorry, but where exactly in that vid is the proof that you can kick 81 lbs (or even 50 lbs) a decent distance away?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 04:44 PM
h1a8

Sorry, but where exactly in that vid is the proof that you can kick 81 lbs (or even 50 lbs) a decent distance away?

I said a few feet away.
But that has nothing to with this thread.

You are deflecting.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 11:22 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I said a few feet away.
But that has nothing to with this thread.

You are deflecting.

So where in that vid shows it getting kicked a few feet?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 01:01 AM