KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Opinion: People cannot grow thicker skin.

Opinion: People cannot grow thicker skin.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Harps can make you right if you take them time for it.
Then be prepared for an explosion of music.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 02:18 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

MATT BADON!!]

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2020 12:49 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Seriously. Light takes 8 minutes to reach the Earth. Give a person that long and they’re over it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2020 10:04 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Opinion: People cannot grow thicker skin.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I'm of the opinion you're either born with it and when you become an adult you either get offended by certain shit or you don't.

Like someone makes a 9/11 joke, you're either laughing or you're not, and I don't really think it's possible to change that.

Maybe thats just a millenial way of thinking though.

That’s not how it works thumb down

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 11:41 AM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Re: Opinion: People cannot grow thicker skin.

Who are you?

Secondly, maybe its different with others but for me its simply not, people just feel their humor is threatened by more sensitive people but those person's feelings are more important then a cheap laugh, so the adult thing to do is to apologize and move on, not go out of your way to trigger them.

My view on it at least.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 05:31 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Re: Re: Opinion: People cannot grow thicker skin.

Who are you?

Secondly, maybe its different with others but for me its simply not, people just feel their humor is threatened by more sensitive people but those person's feelings are more important then a cheap laugh, so the adult thing to do is to apologize and move on, not go out of your way to trigger them.

My view on it at least.

All I'm saying is, you can hold a gun to my head and ask me not to get offended by something, but because of who I am, because of the way I was born, I can't just not get offended by it, it's in my DNA, I'd be forced to say no and you'd have to shoot me. -Shrugs-

Unless you'd rather me lie and tell you "nah I won't be offended if you and your friends call me and my friend's retards 88,000 times".

Then ya'll act surprised when you get beat up for saying shit like this irl. "Dude wow, he beat me up all because I said the n-word." Like... are you stupid, do you not realize that's not okay? Half the people you say this kind of stuff to you'd NEVER say it to irl, because you'd get beat up for it and you know you would.

I feel like literally all the people who said they changed how they got offended are lying, you either started hanging out with a different crowd, something in your life CHANGED how you got offended by certain things.

You did NOT just wake up one day and say "hey that doesn't bother me". You can choose to laugh at it but deep down it still pisses you off, it's human nature. Being offended by things are normal, and no one has the right to tell you what you should and should not be offended by.

So yes I will keep getting "butthurt" about certain things because that's my god-given right as a human being who has feelings, just like literally everyone who isn't a sociopath.

It's not someone's fault that they got offended by your joke, THEY cannot help it, it's neither side's fault but it's your job as an adult if it does bother them to apologize and move on, it's the right thing to do, and a self-respecting adult should only ever try to do the "right" thing.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Sep 7th, 2020 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 08:12 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

If you center yourself you’ll find what you need JMANGHAN.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 10:33 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

I'm of the opinion you're either born with it and when you become an adult you either get offended by certain shit or you don't.

Like someone makes a 9/11 joke, you're either laughing or you're not, and I don't really think it's possible to change that.

Maybe thats just a millenial way of thinking though.

It's not clear that 'that' is any way of thinking...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 09:42 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Jmango threads are the best.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:53 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have skin like wet paper because im weak.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 12:24 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Getting offended is an emotional reaction, if you can't get over whatever mental hang-ups are causing the reaction. try therapy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 08:17 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote