KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mace and Sidious....

Mace and Sidious....
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sheev
The All-Sith

Mace and Sidious....

Apart from Lucas's commentary in the ROTS DVD is there any other evidence that suggests Mace legitimately defeated Palpatine?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Just a couple implications, but nothing overtly definitive.

Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (2018) states that Mace "nearly overpowered Darth Sidious, forcing him into a corner and holding him at blade point.":
https://i.imgur.com/O0zF2n0.jpg

Ultimate Star Wars states that Mace "seemed to be winning", until Anakin intervened:
https://i.imgur.com/wWDCtTl.jpg

And in Secrets of the Jedi, Luke states that Mace "might have bested the Dark Lord in combat", had Anakin not intervened:
https://i.imgur.com/Owjnrob.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 16th, 2020 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think page 204 of the Making of Revenge of the Sith says that Mace was "winning" or something along those lines.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 04:54 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Samuel L. Jackson forced Lucas to give Mace that great showing, everybody knows that.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 05:44 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wouldnt winning as Anakin arrives refer to the Saber combat which just finished though?

Same in the movie commentary. When Lucas says this scene always began with Mace overpowering Sidious, seems to refer to him having just won the Saber battle.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Sidious most certainly did allow Mace to win that fight; ive illustrated several points from the film alone that points this out but im going to post a link that will shed even more light on this subject... if you have the time to read it that is;

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...ppened-r/77247/

Last edited by relentless1 on Mar 2nd, 2020 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 11:02 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Btw, my english is far from being good. So I would like to ask, is that quote possibly open to interpretation? I mean, the quote as a whole, is reffering to scene. So, if Mace indeed won a saber duel, it could be called "winning". But if Palpatine let him won that duel, in this scene Mace is still "winning" doesn't he? Just a reason is different. Can it be interpretaded in either of those ways?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 09:03 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote