KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

There will never be a more fitting VA for Darkseid than Ironside was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ahX7sjoas&t=1m33s
Not even gonna lie this dialogue has not aged nearly as well as I'd hoped. thumb down

All the deliveries are stilted. The entire DCAU isn't like that is it? no expression

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 02:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Not even gonna lie this dialogue has not aged nearly as well as I'd hoped. thumb down

All the deliveries are stilted. The entire DCAU isn't like that is it? no expression

No it gets better, watch Justice League Unlimited and you'll noticed the vast improvement.

Or there was a new film from the DCAU universe that came out recently, "Justice League vs The Fatal Five". Which was solid.

I miss the DCAU, but Young Justice has somewhat made up for it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 06:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MichaelEDevries
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love this movie.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 05:34 PM
MichaelEDevries is currently offline Click here to Send MichaelEDevries a Private Message Find more posts by MichaelEDevries Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not out until may 5th...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i hope this is good, will watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I will love this movie.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Looks terrible. No wonder the dc is struggling.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 10:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

DC shits all over Marvel when it comes to animation. Makes Marvel their little b*tch.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 11:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
DC shits all over Marvel when it comes to animation. Makes Marvel their little b*tch.
No one cares about animation save a small minority. Live action films is where it is at. Enjoy your toons.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 06:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

*insert "he's right you know" meme here

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 08:40 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur

Pretty much.
I’ve never understood it, but it’s true.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 08:59 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by riv6672
Pretty much.
I’ve never understood it, but it’s true.
You like toons over live action? Odd.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 10:55 AM
SquallX

Originally posted by quanchi112
You like toons over live action? Odd.

And there are those that likes the comics instead of the live action adaptions because they feel to much is left out in the love actions.

Weird I know, it’s like it’s this weird things called preferences.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 01:01 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^laughing

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 01:13 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

DC animated movies have gone way downhill over the years.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Have they? I haven’t kept up TBH.
From trailers, reviews, and online chatter I didn’t think that to be the case.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have to disagree I think they are pretty solid. They all aren't equal, but I still. I also have no problem if there is only a small amount of people who enjoy these films. Clearly enough people enjoy them that DC keeps making more. They wouldn't do that if they weren't making money from this.

And if this film comes out on May 5th like it is set to do it might actually benefit from people being in lockdown(if it is still going). More people will probably order it online when it comes out.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Sadly yes, DC animated films have gone down in writing quality the past several years.

Hopefully Darkseid in this is an actual Darkseid and not the wordless grunting brick he was in Justice League: War. That was an meh-okay film overall, but its portrayal of comic's greatest big-bad villain was awful.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 9th, 2020 at 06:01 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really liked the Death of Superman and the followup Reign of the Supermen. I thought Justice League Dark was excellent. It's one of my favorites.

Judas contract was pretty good. JLA vs Teen Titans was okay too. Wonder Woman was better than I thought, it grew on me. Batman Hush is pretty solid.

Oh and we do see Darkseid talking in the trailer. He also talks in the Reign of the Supermen.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 06:00 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Death I enjoyed, but we've seen that same story before in both animated film and cartoon series. So I had deja vu. Reign was a mixed bag for me.

Judas and JL Vs TT I liked overall, but not great

New WW was a huge let down as the first WW animated film great.

Hush I didn't like.

JL: Dark, was just kinda okay, I was expecting a lot more.

But compared to their earlier films like Wonder Woman (2009), Batman: Under The Red Hood (2010) and Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013), quality has dipped a lot in the last few years. If you've not seen those three, go and watch them right now.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 06:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote