KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

The Best thing about this flick is that it marks the END of the Nu52/SnyderVerseWannabee-ism of the DCAU.

Lets just hope they don't replace it with their 5G (or what the Phcuk Ever) version of DC
which is gonna suck quanchieEonBlueBalls.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 07:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Watched it last night. It was alright but nothing great.

By Stoic

Old Post May 6th, 2020 08:10 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Speaking of, I know we saw a lot of people die, but Batgirl was really something when she screamed "no!" and we see an arm get torn off.

Speaking of the Bats, did we see how Kate die? I don't recall her scene.

Also that one in the blue armored Batsuit, that was..Fox? I recall something about in the comics, that there was a blue Batsuit and it was him.

Shazam went out like a boss though. I'm pretty sure Swamp Thing is alive, guy is suppose to be immortal from what I recall.

Not sure, saw someone that looked like Huntress die, could have been Batwoman. Or maybe Batgirl was Batwoman? Happened fast.

The blue batsuit was familiar, but I couldn't place it.

Shazam did, surrounded by a swarm of demons.

Swamp is effectively immortal as he can exist in any vegetation. so as long as there's green on the earth, he can transfer his sentience to it.

Why didn't Raven or Constantine just use their magic to remove the liquid Knite from Supe's chest?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 6th, 2020 08:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Robtard

Why didn't Raven or Constantine just use their magic to remove the liquid Knite from Supe's chest?

Raven I'm sure couldn't, she was having issues just teleporting around after all and it was noted that she was pretty weak. Plus trying to keep her father contained.

For Constantine though....yeah, seems strange he couldn't do something for that. I mean he could get Cyborg back to normal and he admitted that he cheated, plus...magic is magic.

Though I'm kinda wondering, Superman is depowered ok fine....but um...he still has his Fortress of Solitude, I'm sure there's plenty of Kryptonian technology among other things he could use.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 09:09 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I... really didn't expect this to be as enjoyable as it was. Full of PIS, but still charming enough to be entertaining.

Also serves as a really nice reset point for the next movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 8th, 2020 11:22 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I feel like this was one of the most boring DC animated movies that was made in the last 10 years...

Bankai.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 04:20 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Not sure, saw someone that looked like Huntress die, could have been Batwoman. Or maybe Batgirl was Batwoman? Happened fast.

The blue batsuit was familiar, but I couldn't place it.

Shazam did, surrounded by a swarm of demons.

Swamp is effectively immortal as he can exist in any vegetation. so as long as there's green on the earth, he can transfer his sentience to it.

so everybody dies

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 8th, 2020 05:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so everybody dies

Like has been said.. its the Gawd Awful Nu52 Snyderverse Tie In Characters so....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 8th, 2020 05:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

What was with King Shark acting like Groot?

Bankai.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 06:03 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Lazy/Bad Writing?

Old Post May 8th, 2020 06:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Estacado
What was with King Shark acting like Groot?

Probably just based on an older version of him. The kind of verbose, intelligent one you see in the likes of the Harley Quinn show only came later.

And besides, that bit at the end showed us that he's not completely thick.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 8th, 2020 06:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so everybody dies

Kinda like Game of Thrones, lots and lots of deaths, even fan favorites.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 8th, 2020 10:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Still not sure how I feel about giving Flash the ability to just reboot continuity on the fly whenever things go south. Seems like such a copout.

Essentially nothing bad can ever happen to the DCAU as long as Flash is around.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 8th, 2020 11:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I like how Superman is portrayed as clearly the strongest and most powerful JL member in these films.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 12:19 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Galan007
Still not sure how I feel about giving Flash the ability to just reboot continuity on the fly whenever things go south. Seems like such a copout.

Well, this is supposedly the series finale. I guess.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 9th, 2020 12:22 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I mean to be fair, Flash has always be a kinda broken character in terms of power, when he really goes all out. So par for the course.

Though now since things have reset, we're gonna get some new things next go around.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 01:18 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Kinda like Game of Thrones, lots and lots of deaths, even fan favorites.

i saw...

this was very well down.. excellent action.. good story.. loved how both heroes and villains worked together.. they saved the best for last..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 9th, 2020 02:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly got the impression that they were only doing it because things had become so utterly ****ed. And even then, the risks were massive.

Besides, don't try to tell me comic Barry or Wally couldn't do that shit.

Originally posted by playa1258
I like how Superman is portrayed as clearly the strongest and most powerful JL member in these films.

thumb up

That fight at the end once he was back to himself was awesome.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 9th, 2020 11:04 AM
Zenwolf

On a note regarding the Green Lantern scene. I've noticed that at least within these particular set of movies leading up to this, that GL wasn't exactly...fantastic. But what I'm wondering is, since I'm not too familiar with the GLCs, could Darkseid realistically solo all of them?

Old Post May 9th, 2020 08:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly got the impression that they were only doing it because things had become so utterly ****ed. And even then, the risks were massive.

Besides, don't try to tell me comic Barry or Wally couldn't do that shit.
Comic Flash can definitely do it under certain circumstances, because he has. stick out tongue

The difference here is that DCAU Flash can evidently preform continuity reboots whenever he feels like it. So the only way anything bad can ever really stick in the DCAU is if: a.) Flash is taken out of the picture, or b.) he simply chooses not to undo it.

That's next-level broken, even by Flash standards.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
On a note regarding the Green Lantern scene. I've noticed that at least within these particular set of movies leading up to this, that GL wasn't exactly...fantastic. But what I'm wondering is, since I'm not too familiar with the GLCs, could Darkseid realistically solo all of them?
In the comics, the only GL who can potentially defeat Darkseid is Hal Jordan(fully tapping his 'god-will'), OR if one of the noteworthy Lanterns absorbs the energies of the Central Battery to become Ion.

Barring that, a well-written/higher-end Darkseid could likely solo the GLC, yeah.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 9th, 2020 at 08:33 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2020 08:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote