KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sucks to see this particular universe end.

I will always love the first Justice League Dark.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 09:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Sucks to see this particular universe end.

I will always love the first Justice League Dark.

Ya know speaking of universe ends, I never really was able to understand something, but maybe it's been explained in comics.

But if there's changes to the universe such as this one for example, doesn't it then just create a completely separate universe rather than erase it?

Given how there's a Multiverse, wouldn't this particular universe still be around? Just in a completely different timeline? So wouldn't that JL apart from Barry, still have to deal with whatever is going on?

Or are alternate/different universes completely separate from timeline changes?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 6th, 2020 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 03:22 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ya know speaking of universe ends, I never really was able to understand something, but maybe it's been explained in comics.

But if there's changes to the universe such as this one for example, doesn't it then just create a completely separate universe rather than erase it?

Given how there's a Multiverse, wouldn't this particular universe still be around? Just in a completely different timeline? So wouldn't that JL apart from Barry, still have to deal with whatever is going on?

I think Barry moving that fast destroys the Universe.

I think it’s kinda that looney toons trope of grabbing the inside of a bag and pulling and by pulling it inside out it ends up something completely different.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 06:00 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It can work both ways in the comics.

But in cases like this(ie. Crisis or Flashpoint-type events) the intent is for Flash to have rectonned/rebooted/overrode the existing continuity -- essentially altering it into something brand new.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 11:37 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It really depends on who is writing the story. DC has had so many contradictory rules when it comes to time travel.

But if this was supposed to be the last movie in this universe they should have not just undid everything. It was all pointless.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 04:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote