KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Electricity in Zion

Electricity in Zion
Started by: hijks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hijks

Electricity in Zion

This might be brought up before, so forgive me if it's old...

This came to me last night that Zion appeared to be fully powered by some serious generators! Look at all the complex lighting and computer systems, not to mention charging up all the hovercraft. Now, the idea is, where the heck does human gets all these powers?

The answer is easy: theraml energy from the core of the earth. Now this begs another question: if the humans can use it, why can't the machines?

This makes me wonder that machines do NOT need humans to be their batteries at all. Please, why should machines stay on the surface? For the scenery?

Now, if the Matrix isn't created for energy purpose alone (which, can still be some sort of recycling for bio-energy in humans), what is it for?

Maybe it's created to better understand human psyche, and in the same time, screening for the One, who would be able to unite humans and machines. (According to the Oracle, humans and machines need each other to create the future. The theme of Second Renaissance in Animatrix also shows that killing each other only makes lives miserable.)

Of course, this is just some guesses. The creators have this one "right" answer to it, but it's just neat for fans to make all sorts of interesting guesses. Let me know what you think.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:09 PM
hijks is currently offline Click here to Send hijks a Private Message Find more posts by hijks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I thought the machines give it to them all. The Architect states that each time Zion is destroyed it is rebuilt. There is no way for the people who are set free to come up with that kind of technology. Remember only 16 female and 7 male are set free.

Also, if you notice, in the 2nd Renaissance Parts I & II, you see the hovercraft that the rebels use, being designed and built by the machines. The exact same type of Hovercraft. In fact, I think the machines invented the Hovercraft smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:17 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Also, they DEFINATELY want to understand the Human Psyche. That is one of the reasons the Oracle was created. I think they wish to understand emotions more than anything. I think this because I think the machines are so advanced now that they can feel emotions, but they do not understand them. So they play games such as the slaughter of Zion, this is more than likely their "pleasure" in a sense.

I could explain it more but as I said in another post, my mind isn't functioning properly due to lack of sleep...LOL

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:20 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wauzer

smile Very good point hijks.["The answer is easy: theraml energy from the core of the earth. Now this begs another question: if the humans can use it, why can't the machines?"]

Why harvest the power created by us to keep their circuits running, when they can just use a source like Nuclear Energy. The resources is almost unlimited.We use it today and we will be using it till kingdom come(just a punt). Somebody that have thought of the same idea, please share your views, whether contradicting or similar.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:27 PM
Wauzer is currently offline Click here to Send Wauzer a Private Message Find more posts by Wauzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Nuclear is only unlimited in terms of Nuclear Fusion if I am not mistaken. This is a tech which we/us/humans have only just created a small prototype for smile

Also have a look at my reply before this to see why they use us. Not only this, but they may pity us and NOT want us to be extinct...after all we are their creators smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I see the machines as very practical, no sentimentality coming into it. if they did not need us they would kill us and they are very willing to extinguish humanity if need be, as the Archtiect describes.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

They aren't the ones distuingishing us completely...Neo is by not choosing what the machines wanted us to. They WANT him to save Zion so they can continue their existence...properly.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:46 PM
Wauzer

I am sorry Sifer, but the process used is Fission: splitting of the respective nucleus. Ushgarak can you eloborate on the idea of why they(machines) would keep us alive besides our ability to power them. Yet in such an (undignified) manner if you really think about it. wink

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:50 PM
Wauzer is currently offline Click here to Send Wauzer a Private Message Find more posts by Wauzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

i see the machines as very practical, or logical and i don't think they would keep us around because we are very dangerous to them. maybe nuclear energy is dangerous to the machines also... after all we did drop nukes on the machines (animatrix) or perhaps the nukes have too much waste (radiation) while dead humans are just feed to the live humans therefore no waste... they are machines and efficiency would be logical

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:52 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wauzer

happy kine, in Animatrix they also mention that the machines are unaffected by the radiation caused by the fall out of an Atom Bomb, hence the applicability to nuclear energy would be efficient besides the massive amount of nuclear waste that would be brought about. But that too, do not affect the machines so still my question, why do they need us? embarrasment

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:57 PM
Sifer

No Fission is what he have now...its Fusion that we are in prototypes stages...If Fission was unlimited, then why do Nuclear Reactors run out???

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:59 PM
nopy

In the Matrix 1 and the animatrix it is sadi that Solar energy is the main source of power for the macines. This is clouded by humans (operation black stome i think it was called).

Maybe they have run out of other mineral resources such as Oil, Fissile material, Uranium etc

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:03 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wauzer

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
No Fission is what he have now...its Fusion that we are in prototypes stages...If Fission was unlimited, then why do Nuclear Reactors run out???

CONTAMINATION!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:05 PM
Sifer

Well it isn't unlimited then is it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:07 PM
Wauzer

Limited for us if were to use it, but to them since radiation do not apply! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:15 PM
happy kine
mirth maker

the machines are unaffected by radiation, but the waste of radiation is illogical when you have a system that has no waste... at least from a machine point of view (my computer told me that)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:26 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

It's true, the humans are totally reuseable. When humans die they feed them to the living intravenously?Spelling? (This is said in the first movie). They then breed other humans from the DNA of the people who get jiggy wit it I am guessing. But they are definately bred!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:52 PM
princess leia
trinity ;)

maybe the humans are just the most efficient way to produce energy. like you said, no waste.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 10:26 PM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote