KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Current Goku vs. Broly

Current Goku vs. Broly
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

Current Goku vs. Broly

This is current Goku in the manga.

How would he do against Broly from the movie?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 01:04 AM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Goku with UI? Isn't that form around blue Gogeta level?

Broly wouldn't stand a chance.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 02:27 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vansonbee
Goku with UI? Isn't that form around blue Gogeta level?

Broly wouldn't stand a chance.
That is a hell of a stretch to say UI is equal to Goku x Vegeta in power.

Like I personally hate power levels in DBZ but like we know fusion is a multiplication of power not just simple additions, and thus it would be so astronomically higher than eithers base that they wouldn’t even be comparable which is definitely not what UI has been shown to be which seems to be a pretty massive speed boost but only really a moderate energy boost (with an enormous stamina drain).

I have to give the advantage to Broly simply by what he survives in the movie being a feat that probably could never be replicated in the series. Like he literally tanked that weird Magika Madoka universe/reality shifting battle which some people have said is them tearing into another universe. Until that becomes a normal thing that is the most insane feat in the series.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 06:19 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Re: Current Goku vs. Broly

Originally posted by Mendax
This is current Goku in the manga.

How would he do against Broly from the movie?

Broly massacres him and also massacres anime CUI Goku from ToP.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:07 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

We really have no idea what current Goku is capable of just yet.

He's certainly grown vastly more powerful since entering that RoSaT-esque chamber and training with Merus, though, and it appears that he's at least able to activate UI(omen) at will now. Additionally, Merus was about to use his full power against Goku during their final training session, until Whis intervened. Even though we don't know how powerful Merus is in comparison to, say, Whis, the fact that an Angel was about to go all-out against Goku is pretty telling of his power now.

tl;dr
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Goku has surpassed movie Broly by this point. We should know for sure if that's the case in the next few chapters.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 9th, 2020 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 05:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Pretty academic to call off the training session because of how much power Merus was using.

That's the entire point of training, to surpass your trainer. What would Whis do if Goku and Vegeta became his equal? How is tiering someone up somehow more impartial then testing the limits of that training in a full fight?

Is Whis so arrogant he can't imagine mortals getting that strong? If so, I hope they blow right past him someday, and force him into acknowledging his hubris by facing an epic beat down he can't walk away from.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 05:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It had more to do with Merus.

He was about to use his full power against Goku, which would have constituted a "battle". Evidently Angels participating in a full-fledged battle like that is against the Angel code, which is why Whis intervened.

Prior to that, Whis and Daishinkan were just writing it off as "training"(which is acceptable for Angels), because Merus wasn't going all-out.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 05:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Galan007
It had more to do with Merus.

He was about to use his full power against Goku, which would have constituted a "battle". Evidently Angels participating in a full-fledged battle like that is against the Angel code, which is why Whis intervened.

Prior to that, Whis and Daishinkan were just writing it off as "training"(which is acceptable for Angels), because Merus wasn't going all-out.

It's a strange distinction though

If it's about interference in mortal affairs, then powering up someone with angel techniques is way more meddlesome then beating one down in a fight.

I just get the feeling these laws hinge on the belief that mortals can never reach Angel tier power levels. I kind of want to see what happens if a mortal does manage to surpass an Angel, to the point of winning a fight.

Would Zeno be obligated to erase them?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's evidently just part of the Angel laws: they can't use their full power against a mortal, as that constitutes a proper "battle". However, "training"(using less than their full power) is acceptable... And Merus wasn't really teaching Goku an Angel technique, as UI is something that Goku had already achieved on his own -- Merus was just helping him develop/control the ability. Again, Daishinkan and Whis were okay with the training until Merus was going to go all-out.

I don't think there's a "cap" on how powerful mortals can become... But at the same time, I'm sure the Angels never expected a mortal to come anywhere near their tier of power.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 9th, 2020 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2020 08:29 PM
Inedian

Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty academic to call off the training session because of how much power Merus was using.

That's the entire point of training, to surpass your trainer. What would Whis do if Goku and Vegeta became his equal? How is tiering someone up somehow more impartial then testing the limits of that training in a full fight?

Is Whis so arrogant he can't imagine mortals getting that strong? If so, I hope they blow right past him someday, and force him into acknowledging his hubris by facing an epic beat down he can't walk away from.

And if someone with common sense is writing Dragon Ball, mortals can't reach angels in billions of years. Even when they will reach angels in extremely long time, they are mortals no more. Now if they become modernized more and more like Marvel where everyone is reaching here and there cosmic beings, then yes mortals can reach angels and DBS becomes a series that is no longer watchable/readable.

Last edited by Inedian on Mar 10th, 2020 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 08:52 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marikina

Broly arc SSB Goku could outmaneuver SSJ Broly and slap away a few of his blasts with difficulty, and post Merus training SSB Goku is WAY above that, much less Omen Goku. That's if even Broly could pull off SSJ at will without the proper trigger or training.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 03:57 AM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

I have:

Current UI Omen Goku > LSSJ Broly > current SSB Goku > Ssj Broly that faced Ssj Gogeta > initial Ssj Broly > post ToP SSB Goku

As long as he does not fool around and goes quickly for the kill, I have current UI Omen Goku capable to put down the LSSJ Broly who was beaten up by SSB Gogeta.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 10:18 AM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

IF Goku went in for the kill right away, he might be able to defeat Broly... But Goku usually fights his opponents for a good bit of time before ever deciding to go the lethal route. Don't know if I've ever seen him use lethal attacks right out of the gate. If he fought like that against Broly, it would be a huge mistake given Broly's exponential(and seemingly unending) power growth during battle.

Barring lethal/all-out attacks right out of the gate, I'm still not confident that current UI Goku could actually damage FPSS Broly. Not even SSB Gogeta's attacks really did anything at all to him -- Broly soaked everything that was dished out, and just kept getting more and more powerful. He was an absolute tank.

So far as we know, the only attack that would have actually beaten Broly was SSB Gogeta's "full force" Kamehameha. I suppose UI Goku *might* have output similar to(or even greater than) Gogeta's strongest attack(maybe)... But he'd have to use it immediately to have a shot at taking Broly down, imo.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 01:54 PM
Inedian

Current UI Omen Goku loses horribly. He ain't putting down LSSJ Broly, not to mention LSSJ Broly raw power is still above current Omen Goku anyway and of course LSSJ Broly power would raise even further if Gogeta wouldn't put him down.

SSB Gogeta from movie massacres Current Omen UI Goku and so would LSSJ Broly.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 03:14 PM
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Galan007
IF Goku went in for the kill right away, he might be able to defeat Broly... But Goku usually fights his opponents for a good bit of time before ever deciding to go the lethal route. Don't know if I've ever seen him use lethal attacks right out of the gate. If he fought like that against Broly, it would be a huge mistake given Broly's exponential(and seemingly unending) power growth during battle.

Barring lethal/all-out attacks right out of the gate, I'm still not confident that current UI Goku could actually damage FPSS Broly. Not even SSB Gogeta's attacks really did anything at all to him -- Broly soaked everything that was dished out, and just kept getting more and more powerful. He was an absolute tank.

So far as we know, the only attack that would have actually beaten Broly was SSB Gogeta's "full force" Kamehameha. I suppose UI Goku *might* have output similar to(or even greater than) Gogeta's strongest attack(maybe)... But he'd have to use it immediately to have a shot at taking Broly down, imo.

Originally posted by Inedian
Current UI Omen Goku loses horribly. He ain't putting down LSSJ Broly, not to mention LSSJ Broly raw power is still above current Omen Goku anyway and of course LSSJ Broly power would raise even further if Gogeta wouldn't put him down.

SSB Gogeta from movie massacres Current Omen UI Goku and so would LSSJ Broly.

Actually I was rethinking about it a little bit on my own, and your interventions helped confirming it: I have changed my mind about this chain.
To have current UI Omen Goku being capable to put down the end-of-the-movie LSSJ Broly who was constantly growing in power would mean that he would solidly be stronger than Beerus.
However, I effectively don't see current UI Omen Goku being more powerful than a 100% Beerus using UI Omen as well.
At the end of the day it took a serious SSB Gogeta to really stomp and corner Broly, and it is implied that base Gogeta >= post ToP SSB Goku.
So yeah, I change my power chain:

SSB Gogeta >> LSSJ Broly > FP Beerus > current UI Omen Goku ~ Ssj Gogeta > Ssj Broly (against Ssj Gogeta) ~ current SSB Goku > Ssj Broly (against movie Goku/Vegeta) > post ToP SSB Goku > the rest

Old Post May 13th, 2020 09:40 AM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

I am waiting where Moro really stands, i don't think we have seen all from him.

Old Post May 13th, 2020 09:48 AM
Sj_Sharp

Well yes, his implied power seems to be huge. We have to wait and see.

Old Post May 13th, 2020 09:49 AM