KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wolverine vs. MCU Luke Cage

Wolverine vs. MCU Luke Cage
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Miffed Wolverine vs. MCU Luke Cage

Prime Logan

Morals off for both

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 15th, 2020 11:30 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Wolverine in a spite match in my opinion. Not sure how Cage can win here. Wolverines claws should easily be able to slice or pierce Cages skin IMO.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 12:35 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Depends how easily Logan's claws can cut Cage. I do think they can, I just don't know how much damage each cut will make. I doubt he can dismember Cage with a single swipe, and Cage is strong enough to easily knock around Logan.

I do think Logan wins but it won't be too one sided. Logan probably suffers a dislocated limb or a few moments of nearly getting knocked out before he can dispatch Cage.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 12:38 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wolvie was KO’d by a bullet to the head from a cop’s gun.

Cage one shots Wolvie is the more likely scenario over Wolvie slices and dices Cage.

Does Bane die? Why yes, yes he does.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 01:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Logan has also taken far more damage than the bullet with ease. That's one of his lowest feats.

He's also cut through enough that Cage wont be able to just ignore his claws. Especially around the squishy bits Logan likes to target. Eyes, face, balls, etc...

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 16th, 2020 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 01:49 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Logan has also taken far more damage than the bullet with ease. That's one of his lowest feats.

Can you name other head trauma feats that Wolverine tanked which surpass the force of a bullet?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 01:56 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by FrothByte
Can you name other head trauma feats that Wolverine tanked which surpass the force of a bullet?

Juggernaut headbutting him at a full sprint. The same headbutt that blasts apart stone walls. Also after the single shot, he took sustained full automatic fire when he escapes WEAPON x without slowing down at all. And more than one hit him In the head.

And those were assault rifles, so a bigger caliber of bullet.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 16th, 2020 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 01:58 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Juggernaut headbutting him at a full sprint. The same headbutt that blasts apart stone walls. Also after the single shot, he took sustained full automatic fire when he escapes WEAPON x without slowing down at all. And more than one hit him In the head.

Juggernaut headbutt him on his body while Logan was jumping. It wasn't a direct hit to head like that gunshot was. As for the WeaponX firefight, the only time I recall him getting hit in the head was as he got out of his "birthing chamber" and Zero's shot glanced off his head. Still, it was a glancing shot instead of a direct hit.

But even if he did get hit in the head with some bullets, you said he's taken on far more damage than that with ease... so I'm looking for greater concussive hits to the head which he tanked.

From what I can tell, getting knocked out by a bullet isn't really a low point for him. He already got knocked out for a bit by just smashing through a windshield and Sabertooth knocked him out cold by hitting him with a small tree trunk.

Last edited by FrothByte on Mar 16th, 2020 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 02:09 AM
riv6672

quote:
He's also cut through enough that Cage wont be able to just ignore his claws. Especially around the squishy bits Logan likes to target. Eyes, face, balls, etc...

I can’t speak to how squishy Cage’s balls are, but, how many invulnerable characters has Wolverine actually cut to pieces?
I have to admit I stopped paying attention to the X franchise ages ago.

Now, pls don’t claim comic book feats, or make up instances that don’t exist. I just want some actual examples that would actually change my mind.
Thanks in advance.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 02:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:

I can’t speak to how squishy Cage’s balls are, but, how many invulnerable characters has Wolverine actually cut to pieces?
I have to admit I stopped paying attention to the X franchise ages ago.

Now, pls don’t claim comic book feats, or make up instances that don’t exist. I just want some actual examples that would change my mind.
Thanks in advance.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 02:29 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Not really commenting on the result, but would just like the point out that Cage's face, eyes and balls aren't that squishy. When they treated him for the shotgun in JJ, they had to roll the actual eye back to insert the needle through a duct behind it. And Cockroach put his own leg in a cast kicking Cage in the balls. And Bushmaster has also literally tried stabbing Luke in the face before, even dragging a blade down his cheek. Obviously, not the same as Logan, but it also shows that Cage is far more resistant to those things than a regular person.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 03:03 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Not really commenting on the result, but would just like the point out that Cage's face, eyes and balls aren't that squishy. When they treated him for the shotgun in JJ, they had to roll the actual eye back to insert the needle through a duct behind it. And Cockroach put his own leg in a cast kicking Cage in the balls. And Bushmaster has also literally tried stabbing Luke in the face before, even dragging a blade down his cheek. Obviously, not the same as Logan, but it also shows that Cage is far more resistant to those things than a regular person.

He absolutely is. But they are squishy in comparison to the rest of him, even though they are super tough, they're still eyes compared to skin/muscle/bone for example. Considering Logan's own superhuman strength + the force he can exert because of his bones + how sharp his claws are, Cage will have to be careful is what I'm saying.

As for more noticeable impacts than the bullet. In X3 he gets cracked in the skull by speeding debris that Colossus and Rogue had to armor up to tank. It visibly annoyed him, but he was fine. The impact was hard enough to knock Colossus sideways and knock Wolverine's head to the side, splitting his forehead down to the adamantium.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BleakThre...zard-mobile.mp4

He was point blank at an explosion he set off in The Wolverine, with enough force to send guys flying backward like ragdolls, and it didn't even move him from his spot, much less knock him out.

https://gfycat.com/shallowslimaidi

In Apocalypse, he just ignores being shot full on by multiple people with automatic guns. I believe they're MP5's, and he gets hit in the face at least a few times and ignores the shots.

And in Origins, it was not a glancing shot. The guy who shot him was Zero, who's whole gimmick was accuracy and perfect aim and super stats. He hit Logan dead center in the forehead, fully exposing the Adamantium. His shot actually seemed to do more damage than the Cop's as the cop's shot got stuck in his skin and barely showed any skull. Also it appears he shot him with both guns in the same spot.

https://gfycat.com/smugagreeablecalf

Also in Origins before he got his Adamantium, Sabretooth dropped a few tons of logs on his face, then threw him in front of a logging truck, and he was still fully conscious after getting hit and rolling off the back.

https://gfycat.com/bronzejubilantcub

Blob, the guy who can punch tank shells headbutted Wolverine and knocked himself out. He also took a bunch of solid haymakers from Blob without getting knocked out.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...07875-giphy.gif
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...82646-giphy.gif
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...37646-giphy.gif
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...05434-giphy.gif

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 16th, 2020 at 03:44 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 03:36 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

He absolutely is. But they are squishy in comparison to the rest of him, even though they are super tough, they're still eyes compared to skin/muscle/bone for example. Considering Logan's own superhuman strength + the force he can exert because of his bones + how sharp his claws are, Cage will have to be careful is what I'm saying.

As for more noticeable impacts than the bullet. In X3 he gets cracked in the skull by speeding debris that Colossus and Rogue had to armor up to tank. It visibly annoyed him, but he was fine. The impact was hard enough to knock Colossus sideways and knock Wolverine's head to the side, splitting his forehead down to the adamantium.

He was point blank at an explosion he set off in The Wolverine, with enough force to send guys flying backward like ragdolls, and it didn't even move him from his spot, much less knock him out.

In Apocalypse, he just ignores being shot full on by multiple people with automatic guns. I believe they're MP5's, and he gets hit in the face at least a few times and ignores the shots.

And in Origins, it was not a glancing shot. The guy who shot him was Zero, who's whole gimmick was accuracy and perfect aim and super stats. He hit Logan dead center in the forehead, fully exposing the Adamantium. His shot actually seemed to do more damage than the Cop's as the cop's shot got stuck in his skin and barely showed any skull. Also it appears he shot him with both guns in the same spot.

Also in Origins before he got his Adamantium, Sabretooth dropped a few tons of logs on his face, then threw him in front of a logging truck, and he was still fully conscious after getting hit and rolling off the back.

Blob, the guy who can punch tank shells headbutted Wolverine and knocked himself out. He also took a bunch of solid haymakers from Blob without getting knocked out.

Yeah, I think you meant to direct that at Frothbyte, because I only commented on Cage's durability. I never said anything about Logan's. And for all Logan's cutting feats, he has yet to actually pierce something or someone as durable as Cage. Because, by actual feats, characters like X2 Juggs do NOT have better or even comparable piercing durability to current Luke, who can and has withstood everything from machine gun fire, to carpenter's saws, to medical drills, numerous explosions, alien metal bullets and even a direct hit from an anti-aircraft missile without even receiving a mild scratch or scuff mark. Now, not saying he can't (I think Logan could inflict damage, but would have more difficulty making deeper cuts/stabs), but what you have presented so far doesn't conclusively prove he can actually do so.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 03:45 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I'm on my phone so making even more links was something I didnt feel like doing. I just continued. And mainly I'm showing his durability. Logan has cut through stuff like military vehicles, reinforced walls, a sentinels entire head, a moving helicopter blade. I'm not saying it's easy for him. I'm saying that with what we've seen from him and what his claws are capable of its possible to do damage.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 04:03 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...07875-giphy.gif
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...82646-giphy.gif
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...37646-giphy.gif
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/u...05434-giphy.gif

Tanking explosives and flying debris is impressive and all but it doesn't quite match the concentrated force of a bullet to the head.

Zero was standing off to the side of Wolverine (watch the full clip). The shot that Wolverine took was to the center of his forehead. It is literally impossible to make that a direct shot due to where Zero was standing.

And sure, Blob is strong and all but the punches he were throwing obviously weren't at full strength. If they were then Logan should have been sent flying around with each punch.

The one time I saw Logan get shot in the head in Apocalypse it was on his headgear.

In his fight against Sabertooth in Origins, you forgot that he was so beat up after that that he couldn't even get up even though he was conscious. He wasn't able to simply tank those hits.

Anyway, I'm not saying Wolverine is not tough, I'm just saying that it's not impossible to knock him out with sufficient force, as has been demonstrated multiple times. And if Sabertooth is strong enough to KO him then it's definitely doable for Cage too.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 04:29 AM
riv6672

^^^Yeah, still going w. my original most likely scenario.

Not looking to beat my opinion into the ground though.
Done here.

RIP Bane

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 08:39 AM
John Murdoch

Good matchup in terms of using two characters that have a lot of feats between the two of them.

I can see the fight going either way:
- Luke wins if he can bob-and-weave and make this more of a straight boxing/grappling match.
- Logan wins if he can last through some hits and stab/slash Cage a lot.

Luke has withstood a lot of damage, but Logan's has faced about every kind of attack a comic book movie superhero can in addition to having adamantium claws that should cut Luke.

My vote is with Logan, but Luke could beat him senseless with enough hits.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 04:43 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Didn't some director say the reason the cop's bullet knocked him out was because it hit the same spot strikers adamantium bullet hit in origins?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 05:25 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by FrothByte
Juggernaut headbutt him on his body while Logan was jumping.

He took more shots from Cain after that, so...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 06:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Wolverine cuts him to pieces easily.

Luke won't get a clean shot to the head and won't be able to tank the claws at all. He's going to try to tank Wolverine's claws which are going to cripple him, then he's going to die.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 07:17 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote