KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wolverine vs. MCU Luke Cage

Wolverine vs. MCU Luke Cage
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Can you name other head trauma feats that Wolverine tanked which surpass the force of a bullet?

I have a similar feat where Logan wasn't even phased. Agent Zero shot him in the head right after the adamantium bonding procedure and Logan just growled and attacked.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 07:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

He was also one-shotted by Sabretooth in X1, but yeah, Wolverine should beat Cage. He'll just try to tank Logan's claws and die.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 07:28 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cage still wins the majority here, even w. a thread Bump.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 07:32 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not really.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 08:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Robtard
I have a similar feat where Logan wasn't even phased. Agent Zero shot him in the head right after the adamantium bonding procedure and Logan just growled and attacked.

Yeah but that was a grazing hit. Agent Zero was at an angle to Wolverine and the shot was at the center of his forehead, which means that bullet hit at an angle.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 09:53 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He took more shots from Cain after that, so...

But not directly to the head which would be a good comparison to the bullet headshot.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 09:54 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^ppl are just set in their ways. Wolverine wins. Despite never fighting someone w. Cage’s stats and smarts and feats.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 10:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah but that was a grazing hit. Agent Zero was at an angle to Wolverine and the shot was at the center of his forehead, which means that bullet hit at an angle.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 10:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

(please log in to view the image)

Resorting to foul language when you are unable to refute an argument. Classic troll tactics. Here's the clip by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDchmwdIsI8

at 0:40 you can clearly see Zero standing off to the side of Wolverine. At 0:44 you see Wolverine get shot directly in the center of his forehead yet his head snaps sideways, which supports the fact that Zero shot him at an angle.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 12:11 AM
riv6672

Resorting to foul language when you are unable to refute an argument.

Yeah, you obviously won this exchange good job. thumb up

Well, this was worth the Bump! laughing

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 12:24 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^ppl are just set in their ways. Wolverine wins. Despite never fighting someone w. Cage’s stats and smarts and feats.

No, you have it the other way around. Luke Cage has never fought someone with the strength, speed, and durability of Logan while also possessing the means to easily cut him to ribbons.

Cage is slower and, frankly, weaker than Logan is. The truck his perfect clone lifted off of himself weighed over 15 tons, and I know there doesn't exist a Cage feat on par. smile

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 01:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by NemeBro
No, you have it the other way around. Luke Cage has never fought someone with the strength, speed, and durability of Logan while also possessing the means to easily cut him to ribbons.

Cage is slower and, frankly, weaker than Logan is. The truck his perfect clone lifted off of himself weighed over 15 tons, and I know there doesn't exist a Cage feat on par. smile

I thought he was supposed to be better than Logan? I agree though, Luke is not going to be impressed by those claws until they are inside him. A little to late then. I highly doubt Logan is close to Cage in strength though.

On the other hand, people are underselling how easy it is to simply clock a mfer in the face and knock em out. The simplest solution is usually the best. And in a fight, the simplest, fastest method of putting a man down is rocking that brain.

I think this is a pretty even fight. So I'm gonna break it down by what each person's goals are in this fight.

Logan HAS to cut deep enough to either hit vital organs or get enough slashes in to bleed Cage out. This won't be instantaneous by any means.

Cage HAS to get a good solid knock on that noggin and that's it. The results will be instantaneous.

Logan has more options to win than Cage, but Cage has a much quicker, more efficient way of ending this. I'm going Cage 6/10.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 06:18 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Resorting to foul language when you are unable to refute an argument. Classic troll tactics. Here's the clip by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDchmwdIsI8

at 0:40 you can clearly see Zero standing off to the side of Wolverine. At 0:44 you see Wolverine get shot directly in the center of his forehead yet his head snaps sideways, which supports the fact that Zero shot him at an angle.

You've gone full retard, Froth.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 06:20 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You've gone full retard, Froth.

So point out what exactly I said that you disagree with then back-up your statements with counter-proof. Leave the foul-language out, that's for trolls and losers.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 06:58 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I don't recall any feat from Logan that makes him stronger than Cage. X-24 is not Logan, is in fact supposed to be an enhanced version of him, so his feats don't apply to Logan.

Neither would I say Logan has a speed advantage. He's not exactly a fast fighter.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 07:00 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine cuts him to pieces easily.

Luke won't get a clean shot to the head and won't be able to tank the claws at all. He's going to try to tank Wolverine's claws which are going to cripple him, then he's going to die.
This! thumb up

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 07:08 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

People are completely lowballing on both sides. Wolverine's claws may or may not cut Luke Cage, I do think they will, but they won't have an easy time at it. If katanas were able to block Wolverine's claws for a bit before getting sliced through then Wolverine isn't going to be chopping off Cage's limbs with single swipes. Cage is much tougher than that.

Similarly, Wolverine has taken his fair share of high-impact hits without getting KO'd. I doubt Cage can knock him out with a single hit, but I do think Cage does have the strength to KO him with enough hits or if he's able to use a weapon (like Sabertooth used a tree trunk).

Either way, it's not going to be an easy fight.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 07:39 PM
Darth Thor

X-24 was KOd by a shotgun to the head as well.

So Fox was always pretty consistent with the idea that Wolverine could be KOd with enough force.

Not saying Cage wins, but just pointing that out about Logan.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 12:07 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Darth Thor
X-24 was KOd by a shotgun to the head as well.

So Fox was always pretty consistent with the idea that Wolverine could be KOd with enough force.

Not saying Cage wins, but just pointing that out about Logan.

Good point. I had forgotten about that. I believe he was KO'd for an even longer time than Logan when he was shot in the head.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 12:53 AM
Psychotron

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I thought he was supposed to be better than Logan? I agree though, Luke is not going to be impressed by those claws until they are inside him. A little to late then. I highly doubt Logan is close to Cage in strength though.

On the other hand, people are underselling how easy it is to simply clock a mfer in the face and knock em out. The simplest solution is usually the best. And in a fight, the simplest, fastest method of putting a man down is rocking that brain.

I think this is a pretty even fight. So I'm gonna break it down by what each person's goals are in this fight.

Logan HAS to cut deep enough to either hit vital organs or get enough slashes in to bleed Cage out. This won't be instantaneous by any means.

Cage HAS to get a good solid knock on that noggin and that's it. The results will be instantaneous.

Logan has more options to win than Cage, but Cage has a much quicker, more efficient way of ending this. I'm going Cage 6/10.

This makes no sense. You do realize we use weapons for a reason, right? What you're saying is like saying an unarmed guy has better odds in a fight than a guy armed with a knife.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 08:16 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote