KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The 2020 Recession (aka The Trump Recession)?

Well?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
We're not entering a recession, everything is fine! Trump 2020! 2 14.29%
The signals in 2018-2019 were correct, we're in the recession zone. 6 42.86%
F**k you, Robtard. 2 14.29%
No, seriously, f**k you, Robtard! 4 28.57%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 2020 Recession (aka The Trump Recession)?
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

The 2020 Recession (aka The Trump Recession)?

America Is Likely Already In A Recession—Even If Trump Won’t Admit It

The U.S. is “already in a recession,” former director of the National Economic Council, Gary Cohn, told CNN last Friday. “This has really become a major public health crisis, which has in turn curtailed consumer demand,” Cohn said. “We are having negative growth right now and the market is pricing in that uncertainty.”

Alan Binder, former Federal Reserve vice chairman, similarly told CNBC last week that the economy is probably already in a recession: “I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if when we look back at the data, it is decided ... that the recession started in March.”

According to Oxford Economics chief U.S. economist, Gregory Daco, “the U.S. is already in a recession,” with the global coronavirus pandemic set to result in a “profound, pervasive and persistent reduction in [economic] activity across the nation.”
-snip

'A matter of weeks and months': Larry Kudlow predicts short-lived coronavirus slowdown

"We're not thinking in terms of recession. We are thinking in terms of the virus. I think there is a tremendous pent-up demand, both in terms of the stock market and in terms of the economy. And once this goes away, once it goes through and we are done with it, I think you're going to see a tremendous surge," the president said. -snip

It needs to be noted that Larry Kudlow said the US economy wasn't going to crash in 2008, it crashed about three weeks after he made that prediction.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 16th, 2020 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 10:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 10:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Not to worry. I'm sure fund management companies will protect themselves at the cost of the pension funds they have control over. They'll be fine. Nice that you're concerned though.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 10:15 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Couldn't they just get their lobbyist to sway politicians to then have the US taxpayers bail them out of their obligations? Or does that work differently for fund management companies?

eg Remember when Trumpco let Murray Energy (Trump's good friend) out of their 6.5billion dollar coal miner's pension obligation, by making the tax payers cover it after Murray filed for bankruptcy/restructuring protection. Which could happen again no less, as the bailout didn't fix the underlying issues.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 10:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
*Trumper coping image posted*

Eye C

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 16th, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 10:41 PM
dadudemon

None of those options are good.

Without COVID-19, we would not have seen the recession until 2022. The "signals" in '18 and '19 were not recession signals, they were growth signals. Any economist who tells you otherwise is a retconning snake oil salesman.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 11:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yep, was all just a coincidence and when they said a recession was coming back then, they didn't actually say it or something.

In reality, all the virus did was expose Trump's feed-the-rich house-of-cards policies and expose their weakness at a slightly advanced rate.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 11:36 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Wall Street >>>> the consumer

This won’t change regardless of the administration. The system needs to be purged

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 01:56 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Yep, was all just a coincidence and when they said a recession was coming back then, they didn't actually say it or something.

A recession due to inappropriate hysteria over a virus is hardly the point you're trying to make. It's not the recession you're talking about.

In reality, all the virus did was expose Trump's feed-the-rich house-of-cards policies and expose their weakness at a slightly advanced rate.

You literally agree with me in the most direct way possible and I have no idea why you'd disagree.

2022, baby. That's when it would have hit.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 02:15 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I'll be dead most likely...

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 03:20 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
A recession due to inappropriate hysteria over a virus is hardly the point you're trying to make. It's not the recession you're talking about.

You literally agree with me in the most direct way possible and I have no idea why you'd disagree.

2022, baby. That's when it would have hit.

Nope.com

Nope. You actually agree with me, it's why in the other thread you said you hope the recession hits in December 2020, not before. Because if it hit before the election, it would hurt Trump's chances of winning. Twas implied.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 04:18 PM
dadudemon

Nope.com

Nope. You actually agree with me, it's why in the other thread you said you hope the recession hits in December 2020, not before. Because if it hit before the election, it would hurt Trump's chances of winning. Twas implied.

That's still wrong. I talked about the economy still trying to recover to pre-2008 housing market crash numbers. I talked down to people lauding Trump's numbers. And my comment about December 2020 was a dig at people who think Trump is an economic genius. If you remember, around July 2019, there was 0 hope that anyone could beat Trump and quite a few Trumpers could not resist that mushroom dick. The comment was about Trump winning and then crashing and burning: making them eat their own words. the recession was inevitable but not until around 2022 or 2023.

But since we have this COVID-19 hoax to deal with, we got a nice recession early.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 08:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So you agree with me then, I said Covid-19 exposed the flaws in Trump's disastrous policies and economy and now we're getting the recession right now, instead of later this year as was on schedule. Somewhere between a 3 to 9 month speed-up.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 11:10 PM
dadudemon

So you agree with me then, I said Covid-19 exposed the flaws in Trump's disastrous policies and economy and now we're getting the recession right now

No, I do not agree with that statement. Regardless of how perfect Trump's policies were, we'd still see a massive market drop just like the rest of the world. South Korea, unarguably, had the best response to COVID-19 after it broke out there. Korean markets still are just as affected.

...instead of later this year as was on schedule. Somewhere between a 3 to 9 month speed-up.

You're confusing the natural market ebs and flows with Trump's economic policies. It was going to happen, regardless. It would have just taken about 2 years longer before that recession hit.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 01:11 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trump caused COVID-19

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 02:40 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I do not agree with that statement. Regardless of how perfect Trump's policies were, we'd still see a massive market drop just like the rest of the world. South Korea, unarguably, had the best response to COVID-19 after it broke out there. Korean markets still are just as affected.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 02:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
Trump caused COVID-19

Plus he killed all the dinosaurs AND jesus.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 02:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No, I do not agree with that statement.

You don't have to agree with me, you can be wrong.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 04:09 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob why do you want the US to fail so much during this crisis?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 04:22 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Surtur
Plus he killed all the dinosaurs AND jesus.
come on surt. No one really believes trump killed the dinosaurs.

Everyone knows the dinosaurs were killed off by the sumerians 4,000 years ago.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 04:35 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote