KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Its not all bad

Its not all bad
Started by: Raptor22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

Its not all bad

There have been times in my life when i have been disillusioned in society in general.

Luckily for me, in those few times I've had people (usually strangers) demonstrate random acts of kindness that have helped me see the good in people and buoy my general outlook.

Throughout this pandemic we've had large problems with our leadership, a media that seems to do as much harm as good sometimes, people hoarding and scamming people out of supplies, people beating the shit out of others for rolls of tp, massive amounts of people being out of work amd an economy crumbling before our eyes.

But with all that, we still have thousands/millions of people risking their own persona/financial safety to go out and help others, or donate food and money, or pay employees who cant work and get temp insurance for those who need a dr.

We have stories of people giving strangers rides for free and shuttling people to drs offices, and bringing people food and supplies that cant get it themselves. Grocery stores setting special hours only for elderly/crippled customers who physically cant get the supplies they need while fighting thru massive crowds.

Big businesses, even with so much uncertainty in the future for their own stability stepping up and helping.

Heres a few stories of us as people (not lefties/righties not trumpers or dems) but people coming togeather and looking out for eachother.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...a-pandemic/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to.../amp/tdna176206

"Obviously it's been an incredibly stressful time for a number of people,'' Love said on TODAY Wednesday. "A lot of people living paycheck to paycheck. So I felt this is really the time, especially for us NBA players, to walk the walk and be more than athletes."

https://www.wdtv.com/content/news/M...-568877071.html

Major League Baseball’s teams have pledged $30 million for ballpark workers who will lose income because of the delay to the season caused by the new coronavirus.

There are tons of them out there. From millionaires to 9-5 minimum wagers stepping up.

All i hear from our government and media is apocalyptic doom and finger pointing.

But when i look out my window and step out my door i see alot of good.

Thats all i had 2 say.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 05:37 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

My wife watched one woman give another women with three kids her second 10-packet of toilet paper after she had taken the last two on the shelf. Extreme kindness in a time like this.

I gave my friend who works in construction/remolding my packet of n99 mask (we have these in case of another huge fire in Ca) so he could work without having to inhale dusk and crap all day at work, because people seem to think n99 mask stop viruses (they don't) and supplies ran out. Robtard the Kind.

Good thread BTW thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 05:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
My wife watched one woman give another women with three kids her second 10-packet of toilet paper after she had taken the last two on the shelf. Extreme kindness in a time like this.

I gave my friend who works in construction/remolding my packet of n99 mask (we have these in case of another huge fire in Ca) so he could work without having to inhale dusk and crap all day at work, because people seem to think n99 mask stop viruses (they don't) and supplies ran out. Robtard the Kind.

Good thread BTW thumb up
good stuff and thanks

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 05:46 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I was glad to see certain stores around here announcing special hours for the elderly. This is despite the fact some of these same places actually cut the overall amount of time they were staying open each day in order to restock...they still set aside time.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 05:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

‘The virus brought something ... beautiful’: Clear water flows through Venice canals amid coronavirus lockdown

The pics are pretty amazing. I was in Venice in the late 90's. Water stank and was a foul dark green couldn't see more than a couple inches.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 07:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote