KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What did Sidious mean by 'I am all the sith'?

What did Sidious mean by 'I am all the sith'?
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

Does he carry the spirits of all the sith before him? My understanding is that each time an apprentice strikes down their master in anger, the spirit of the master passes into the apprentice.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 04:53 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Sorry for some reason the title of my thread was deleted. It should say “What did Sidious mean by ‘I am all the sith’”

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 04:54 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The novel implies that essence transfer was something that Plagueis had discovered/invented, and passed on to Palpatine alone:
quote:
Palpatine's very own apprentice had turned against him, the way he himself had turned against Plagueis...whose secret to immortality he had stolen. Plagueis had not acted fast enough in his own moment of death. But Sidious, sensing the flickering light in his apprentice, had been ready for years.

[...]

The transfer was imperfect, and the cloned body wasn't enough. Perhaps Plagueis was having the last laugh after all. Maybe his secret remained secret.

There is no indication that any other Sith(aside from them) was capable of doing this.

But the novel also makes it clear that Palpatine was indeed channeling the power of every Sith before him...
quote:
Palpatine raised his perfect, healed hands, and called on all the dark power of the Force and the Sith who had come before him, and pulled their life from their very bodies.
quote:
A scavenger girl is no match for the power in me. I am all the Sith!
quote:
And it was through that eventual union, unexpected as it was, that Rey was born. The perfect vessel. Strong enough to contain all the power of the Sith.

However, it does not tell us *how* he managed to accumulate said power.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 22nd, 2020 at 05:20 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

That he is the pinnacle of the Sith Order=strongest of all.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

What makes you say that, Nadd?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
That he is the pinnacle of the Sith Order=strongest of all.
The novel seems to contradict this opinion tho.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

He was literally all the Sith.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 05:53 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
The novel seems to contradict this opinion tho.

What doesn't the novel contradict? stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by The Merchant
He was literally all the Sith.

How so though?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:25 PM
xPRIMEx

Yep so the novel confirms that Sidious is literally all of the sith:

"Kill me and my spirit will pass into you. As all the Sith live in me. You will be empress. We will be one."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 08:03 PM
Rebel95

Yep. He was literally all the Sith. Pretty sure that line was in the movie^

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote