KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » DE Sidious and ROS Sidious??

DE Sidious and ROS Sidious??
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

DE Sidious and ROS Sidious??

Which version do you think was more powerful and why?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Dark Empire for being able to generate Force Storms that can destroy fleets and consume the surface of worlds and possibly whole planets.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:13 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

RoS Sidious because he literally has the power of ALL previous Sith including him, and almost stalemated Rey who had the power of ALL Jedi

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

DE Palps, better showings, able to actually fight and he even looks better.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

DE Palpatine has greater displayed power in Force Storms.

But I'm sort of inclined to think that RoS Palpatine would scale above him, by virtue of possessing the power of all the Sith. And as mentioned, it took Rey channeling the power of all the Jedi just to defeat him. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 23rd, 2020 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Plus lets not forget that lightning feat. And Lightning is easy to use combat wise. Not sure he DE Palpatine could throw a storm at Luke when hes standing right in front of him.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Plus lets not forget that lightning feat. And Lightning is easy to use combat wise. Not sure he DE Palpatine could throw a storm at Luke when hes standing right in front of him.

And incredibly boring to watch. Palps is overusing that technique.

DE Palps didn't spam it like a retard.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 08:05 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Palpatine mentioned when he first used Force storm being capable of swallowing up armies and he did transport Luke into a very small holding cell, and although there is a chance he can't throw a storm at someone, when he uses FS he himself becomes a storm of energy that tears space around him making him virtually indestructible.

I did forget that Rise of Skywalker Palpatine and Rey should scale from when the Jedi in the past pulverized comet Kinro however, a comet that would have destroyed multiple planets.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 09:05 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The Merchant
Dark Empire for being able to generate Force Storms that can destroy fleets and consume the surface of worlds and possibly whole planets.

Luke Skywalker mused that this application of power could kill world = speculation. Nothing more than that.

A planet have infinitely greater mass than a fleet of ships = no comparison.

Palpatine mentioned when he first used Force storm being capable of swallowing up armies and he did transport Luke into a very small holding cell, and although there is a chance he can't throw a storm at someone, when he uses FS he himself becomes a storm of energy that tears space around him making him virtually indestructible.

I did forget that Rise of Skywalker Palpatine and Rey should scale from when the Jedi in the past pulverized comet Kinro however, a comet that would have destroyed multiple planets.

In close-quarters combat, this application of power will be the same what Vaylin pulled off while confronting her enemies (the Outlander and co.) in her last effort to overwhelm them. Valkorion made it possible for the Outlander to stab her through it nevertheless.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 24th, 2020 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 06:42 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I wasn't basing consuming a whole planet based in what Luke said, but the Comics companion stating Palpatines force storms can consume "all of space" and the Republic fleet. In context, it refers to Palps trying to destroy the Pinnacle Moon Base. Taking at face value then it's universe+ but I don't necessarily believe that so I'll drop that point.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 07:21 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Would it be wrong to suggest that going off of destructive feats is a little misleading? We know different stories exaggerate and underrepresent the power of the Force, so is it really fair to judge who's more powerful by looking at what someone's capable of destroying?

DE Sheev would be my answer, just because he was an endless pool of dark side energy that had the knowledge to manifest his power in whatever way he liked. RoS Sheev was only "all the sith," which is a limited amount of power, and he also didn't understand essense transfer and momin's principles, so limited knowledge too.

If going by feats, we don't actually know what RoS Sheev could accomplish, though we do know DE Sheev's limits.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 08:42 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I wasn't basing consuming a whole planet based in what Luke said, but the Comics companion stating Palpatines force storms can consume "all of space" and the Republic fleet. In context, it refers to Palps trying to destroy the Pinnacle Moon Base. Taking at face value then it's universe+ but I don't necessarily believe that so I'll drop that point.

Hmm. Fair enough.

Destroying the Pinnacle Moon Base is a realistic take.

I would caution against taking 'purple prose' in text at face value - they make no sense whatsoever and detract from objective assessment of characters and things.

Originally posted by Zentrex
Would it be wrong to suggest that going off of destructive feats is a little misleading? We know different stories exaggerate and underrepresent the power of the Force, so is it really fair to judge who's more powerful by looking at what someone's capable of destroying?

DE Sheev would be my answer, just because he was an endless pool of dark side energy that had the knowledge to manifest his power in whatever way he liked. RoS Sheev was only "all the sith," which is a limited amount of power, and he also didn't understand essense transfer and momin's principles, so limited knowledge too.

If going by feats, we don't actually know what RoS Sheev could accomplish, though we do know DE Sheev's limits.

You have a point.

Imagine trying to scale Revan's powers from Bastila Shan's proficiency in the Battle Meditation application. Different characters can be very powerful in different applications of the Force.

Being SUPER in virtually every known application is RARE.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 24th, 2020 at 09:23 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 09:16 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's the thing, though. It took the power of every Jedi in history to overcome the power of RoS Palpatine.

So even just looking at it from a "what were their limits" perspective, it does seem like RoS Palps had the higher ceiling. /shrug

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 01:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Friendly reminder that every Jedi ever include Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Luke and Windu. Do you think DE Sidious is taking on these four? Then add to them the likes of Kenobi, Vos, Ahsoka and likely millions others. While inside him Palp had the power of the likes of Plagueis, Dooku, Tenebrous etc DE Sid feats may have better feats also because he did more stuff before dying, but ROS Sid should be far stronger.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 03:21 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

These are the Canon iterations of these characters we're talking about. Tje Canon iteration of Yoda is much weaker than his Legends counterpart. At least by scaling.

And it did take the spirits of thousands of dead Jedi to keep Palpatine from coming back at the very end of "Empire's End."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

These are the Canon iterations of these characters we're talking about. Tje Canon iteration of Yoda is much weaker than his Legends counterpart. At least by scaling.

And it did take the spirits of thousands of dead Jedi to keep Palpatine from coming back at the very end of "Empire's End."

It took all the Jedi from the past to hold Palps yeah.

quote:

Luke...Palpatine will die with me. The Force and all the Jedi who went before us, will make sure of that. Goodbye my friend...

- Empatojayos Brand

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Wasn't that statement in reference to the power it took to contain Palpatine's essence to the ethereal realm after he had 'died', in order to prevent him from returning again -- not necessarily the amount of power required to defeat him in the flesh?

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 25th, 2020 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 01:28 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Wasn't that statement in reference to the power it took to contain Palpatine's essence to the ethereal realm after he had 'died', in order to prevent him from returning again -- not necessarily the amount of power required to defeat him in the flesh?

Right, his flesh was no more since he went in spirit form to go to try and take control over baby Anakin Solo. But Brand intercepted him before that could happen, who then was gonna die with Palps and he along with the Jedi moved to hold Palps to prevent his return like he did before.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2020 01:41 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Galan007

It's an assumption to say that it's not enough to destroy him, felsh or not.

When they killed one body, they really only killed a body, a significantly easier task than Palpatine himself. What it took to kill Palpatine was every Jedi ever.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2020 10:33 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What I'm saying is that it did not require the power of all the Jedi to defeat the flesh and blood DE Palpatine that was standing there in front of Luke. It did, however, require the power of all the Jedi to contain essence to the netherworld after his physical body was destroyed.

Flip side, it actually did require the power of all the Jedi to kill the flesh and blood RoS Palpatine that was standing there in front of Rey.

Point being: in a theoretical battle between the two, it does seem like RoS Palpatine should be more powerful than DE Palpatine, as it took far more raw power to match/defeat him.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2020 12:11 AM